Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Not even sure what he was on about as it had nothing to do with whether or not you could modify Lydia's AI.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Haha, I found all the deposed Jarls and their stewards from the Civil War hanging out in the basement of the Blue Palace. :lol:

Actually I rather liked that quest and the reward item is worth it.The only part I was annoyed by was being forced to join the College in order to get one of the pieces.

Geez' date=' Forbidden Legend - extreme hardcore overkill dungeon building.

That's one quest that'll remain in my journal forever.

Actually I rather liked that quest and the reward item is worth it.

The only part I was annoyed by was being forced to join the College in order to get one of the pieces.

I despise dungeon dives unless I'm in the right mood (not often), but even I finished that quest. I just took my time and waited until I was in the mood to hit those dungeons. Major loot to be had - it is worth finishing. As an added bonus, I took Lydia with me on one of the romps and she got killed :devil:

I didn't mind that quest too badly. Although I must say, draug get annoying fairly quickly. The higher level ones feel way to hard to kill, although that may just because I was playing as a mage and mages are underpowered.

Mages are in no way underpowered. My conjuration/destruction mage mops the floor with everything he touches at HALF the levels my thief/assassin does. And I don't usually even like playing mage characters.

I think the hard thing with mages is that you really have to be committed to the perks. Skill levels don't matter anymore except to unlock the perks. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't buy better spells until I realized that I hadn't bumped my perks up enough. Then I saved up a couple and voila, I went from continually getting my ass handed to me to being able to hold my own.I'll be damned if I've figured out how to use those ward spells though. You don't have to continually hold the button down do you?

Yes, you have to continually hold the button down. They're the one set of spells I can't deal with because they drain too much mana in use.

Game Informer's February edition has come out.Skyrim has been labeled Game of the Year.It has also been given #10 in their top 10 biggest disappointments of 2011 because of how buggy the game is (having to keep 100 saves or more in constant fear of a bug breaking a quest is what they said).Seems to be a trend here: while Skyrim is a gem, we have had enough of Bethesda releasing their games riddled with bugs. Considering the issues Skyrim has on 360 and PS3 (especially PS3), the game really should have been delayed.

Not surprised there.I haven't had any game/quest breaking bugs, just lots of little annoyances. Quest items that are supposedly turned over to someone else never leaving inventory (I got to keep my TG armour when turning master), the Louis Letrush thing just cropped up, one quest about collecting a bounty from someone never closed out in my journal, Captain Aldis is taken out of the game after the stormcloaks win the war so I can never give him that book and that'll never leave my journal, I had to do extra TG side quests before getting the "special" jobs.Beth was so set on that 11-11-11 release date that it basically went out "as-is". I doubt they would have delayed it. Has any gaming house ever delayed a major launch?Oh, what the hell am I supposed to do with a 20lb elder scroll that I don't need any more?

Yes' date=' you have to continually hold the button down. They're the one set of spells I can't deal with because they drain too much mana in use.[/quote']That's what I was afraid of. I'll just boost my resistances instead, thank you. What a stupid idea. Mind you I hate the spell casting in Skyrim anyway. *sigh*

Yep, I'm going to bet that every bug that's been reported to the tracker so far affects all platforms because they all use the same data masters. That's a lot more than just a few minor annoyances. I do think the game should have been delayed but they buried themselves on that one in December of 2010. Maybe they should have just kept it quiet until 12-12-12 at this point. :P

We would have been much happier if it had been delayed! :tongue:I've been watching the bug tracker too. It is nice to see some of the stuff being handed off to Beth though. So now they've got 1.5 million beta testers :lol: (or whatever the number of Skyrim users is).

More like 10 million beta testers since most of the issues reported are screwups in the data files, not the exe. Although that calendar thing is still there and still causing plenty of havoc.

Oh, so we're not the only ones with a screwed up calendar? Maybe when Beth fixes theirs, they can fix ours too. :lol:I've never noticed that calendar bug in Skyrim, but I haven't really paid much attention to the calendar at all. Would you mind recapping what the issue is?

The day name doesn't change at midnight. When it does can vary wildly. just wait for 24 hrs somewhere and watch when the day's name changes.The variable that tracks what day of the week it is will then be thrown out of whack and any AI packs and/or quest conditions depending on that will be thrown out of whack as well.Unrelated: Another ludicrous thread where people simply refuse to understand. Using the old "everyone does it this way" argument to justify continuing to practice bad habits.

I didn't even bother reading that thread. I took a quick glance and just left. The Skyrim modding community is really pissing me off. Whole bunch of newbies that think they're experts.Interesting clash going on though. People that have been modding since Morrowind meeting all these impatient spoiled brats from Fallout 3 and NV. You guys really sure you want to release mods for Skyrim?

Well I'm certainly not going to spend the next 5 years modding Oblivion :PI think once the real mods start flowing from the CK all this talk of proper packaging will become moot. Especially if the CK enforces a certain methodology in doing so as part of its publication tool.It has been quite interesting to see the Fallout brats butting heads with the long time veterans, and even more amusing to see them pick fights with people who are obviously their superiors. Especially when they don't realize who they're going after.One thing I'm NOT looking forward to though is getting all these people to recognize the importance of mod cleaning. It was hard enough to finally get the Oblivion modders on board with people like Giskard throwing gasoline on the fire. There are apparently several "famous" F:NV modders who refuse to accept the fact that it's necessary and have been advising people that anyone who does so is breaking their game.

Oh I intend to mod for Skyrim - I'm just thinking of announcing and publishing elsewhere! I was on Wolflore today and very pleased to see that Slof has been quite busy. She's actually done some nice retexes of horses and other animals. The humans will get done when the 3D program plugins are done :tongue:Oh, it is so nice to hear the zealots of Giskard are alive and well *sarcasm*. Actually it's too bad he's banned from Beth. Watching him rant at the newbies would be hilarious. *popcorn*

Oh I intend to mod for Skyrim - I'm just thinking of announcing and publishing elsewhere! I was on Wolflore today and very pleased to see that Slof has been quite busy. She's actually done some nice retexes of horses and other animals. The humans will get done when the 3D program plugins are done :tongue:

Oh' date=' it is so nice to hear the zealots of Giskard are alive and well *sarcasm*. Actually it's too bad he's banned from Beth. Watching him rant at the newbies would be hilarious. *popcorn*[/quote']Personally, I would prefer never to hear from that psychotic delusional middle aged male version of a high school drama queen ever again.

Tell us how you really feel Ysne. LMAOApt description - I don't think you left anything out. That has to be the best one line description I've seen of him...

I think the vast majority of the community would prefer never to hear from him again. I wouldn't count on that though. He seems to be trying to make his name more widely known again now that so many new people are playing Skyrim who haven't heard of him or his antics before.

• 2 weeks later...

So. I just thought to check if patch 1.4 fixed the calendar bug. Sure enough, both characters can wait for 24hrs and the day name changes over precisely when it should be. Can anyone else running this patch confirm that? That would be very nice to be able to put to bed, even if Bethesda didn't document that they fixed it.