Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

I have yet to get anything other than the Axe of Whiterun, FWIW.Re: Stormcloaks, yeah, though I think the Empire is playing a pretty long game re: Talos. None of the Imperials are really happy about it, and it seemed to me like they were just looking to rebuild and ditch the Concordat as soon as was practicable. Maybe not, but I think Tullius' death speech among other things makes that pretty clear.Which is all to say that Bethesda did a really good job making a complex world, and yeah, they done good with the lore. Quests, I take some issue with. Lore, not so much.Re: Cities, I dunno. The ones that used generic architecture did so in more or less interesting ways - Morthal doesn't look like Falkreath doesn't look like Dawnstar/Winterhold. If I had a complaint, I'd say that Winterhold really needs a rebuild, but the others I'm ok with. By contrast, Windhelm gets unique architecture, but it's dull, blocky, needlessly complex, and completely uninteresting. And if you go into any of the houses, they're practically barren inside, and the cluttering looks really rushed.The other thing about Windhelm is that there's just not that much going on that I could tell. A couple of quests, but mostly it's just Ulfric kicking it in the palace. I got sent there to do stuff plenty of times, but the people didn't seem to be doing much of their own accord. Maybe I just missed it, but the contrast to Markarth, Whiterun, or (especially) Solitude is pretty stark.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

As far as the major cities' date=' yes, I would have to agree that Windhelm dropped the ball. Not as badly as you're getting at though. There is nothing that in my mind could be worse than Cheydinhal, except perhaps vanilla Leyawiin. I think the biggest area the blew it in though was the other 4 capitals. All composed of generic buildings? Really? They could have done better. ONE city with those types of buildings I could see, but not the entirety of the game. It makes most of the holds all seem the same. Made worse by all the villages using the same generic stuff. Surely some potential here once resource modders can get started.[/quote']I had a pretty good laugh when I was inside the longhouse in one town, my son walked by, looked at the screen and thought I was in a completely different town.

Woot. About to crack open my brand new Skyrim and put it in my brand new Xbox and see what all the hype is about.I must have been good this year. Santa also brought me Fable 2&3.

@Ysne58: Re, the miracle cure. I'd suggest sticking to the SKSE version. Going off the rails with stuff that doesn't require that or Script Dragon is opening the door to numerous problems down the road.

@Ysne58: Re' date=' the miracle cure. I'd suggest sticking to the SKSE version. Going off the rails with stuff that doesn't require that or Script Dragon is opening the door to numerous problems down the road.[/quote']I trust SKSE. I trust you. And yes, I'm sticking with the one I'm shepherding on Nexus.

I hate artificial saturation.I'm trying not to use ESP mods, but I have to make an exception here. Seriously. What a difference.I kinda like having that bit of whimsical vibrance in the color palette for an Elder Scrolls game. Morrwind had it, Oblivion had it, why shouldn't Skyrim have it?No need for a stupid post-process injector eating up your framerates when you can get the same results this way with zero performance loss.

I hate artificial saturation.

I'm trying not to use ESP mods' date=' but I have to make an exception here. Seriously. What a difference.

I kinda like having that bit of whimsical vibrance in the color palette for an Elder Scrolls game. Morrwind had it, Oblivion had it, why shouldn't Skyrim have it?

No need for a stupid post-process injector eating up your framerates when you can get the same results this way with zero performance loss.[/quote']I'm gonna think about this one. Thanks for the recommendation.

I responded in that thread on Nexus because that constantly misquoting of what you said was really starting to annoy me. Too bad it didn't slow him down much.

np, and thanks again btw. The guy is a troll though. IMO, only a shark lawyer would advise a client (or pool of potential clients) to go straight to a communication tool that has only one logical response (if the recipient ignores it) that would cost people thousands of dollars needlessly.Every time I advise someone that a DMCA takedown is an option, it's just that. An option. Not the first salvo in a long protracted legal battle. You only file one when you aren't getting results some other less threatening way. How that becomes fear mongering on my part is beyond me.

On another note entirely, I'm seeing the potential for a bad rivalry brewing between Script Dragon and SKSE mods. The miracle cure mod is already starting to show signs of dividing the community unnecessarily.

Yeah. And that guy can't even release a mod of his own that does not conflict with script dragon. Alexander Blade is the same author of Script Dragon and Sky Boost. It does look like they conflict with each other. And Sky Boost also likely conflicts with SKSE.

Apparently some people think SkyBoost conflicts with SKSE too. I can guarantee you pretty strongly that once SKSE takes hold after the CK release that anything conflicting with it is going to get shoved to the side pretty fast.And really. People are switching because of ONE FRAME difference in performance? I don't' even know where to start describing the mentality behind that.

Apparently some people think SkyBoost conflicts with SKSE too. I can guarantee you pretty strongly that once SKSE takes hold after the CK release that anything conflicting with it is going to get shoved to the side pretty fast.

And really. People are switching because of ONE FRAME difference in performance? I don't' even know where to start describing the mentality behind that.

I think you are correct in that prediction.

Between TESVAL and my new GPU, I am really not strapped for frames anymore.Considering I'm playing with 4X MSAA, 2X SS Transparency AA, and various 1K, 2K, and 4K texture packs with no severe drops or stuttering.Just saying. whistle.gif

Locaster: Just an FYIHe is contacting modders and asking for permission to talk about them on his blog. He is then downloading those mods from Nexus and uploading them to a site called uploading.com.Now he does have the right to post that TESVAL because it is open source. My personal gripe is that the guy lied to me.However, I seriously doubt Xilver gave him permission to upload Midas Magic there. Or any of the other modders with their own resources whose mods have been uploaded by him to uploading.com.

Uploading.com is a spam site anyway. I followed a link there and the thing was drowning in paid advertising. He's just trying to attract traffic.

I'm doing my best not to contribute to any division between SKSE and script dragon. Just watching the little trolls misquoting me and trying to incite arguments in the official threads, this is not going to be easy.

I don't know if this will do any good, but I just reported Hexorcist over on Nexus and asked them to tell him to stop posting in the File Planet thread. He is more than annoying.

I think I'm in love with Brynjolf, but I have no idea how/why I got sucked into doing his shakedowns for him.

I think I'm in love with Brynjolf' date=' but I have no idea how/why I got sucked into doing his shakedowns for him.[/quote']It is one of those situations that TK is developing Skyrim Derailed for, you don't get the option to say no to the thief.

I think I'm in love with Brynjolf' date=' but I have no idea how/why I got sucked into doing his shakedowns for him.[/quote']

It is one of those situations that TK is developing Skyrim Derailed for' date=' you don't get the option to say no to the thief.[/quote']Well, you do, but the option is hidden.You can essentially say no by exiting the conversation. Even then, the game still nags you about Brynjolf by giving you a misc objective to talk to him.I am going to be making it more apparent that you can say no, though.

Maybe you guys missed this part...

Woot. About to crack open my brand new Skyrim and put it in my brand new Xbox and see what all the hype is about.
However, you have to talk to Brynjold to get info about Esbern anyway and he's already got you halfway doing his dirty business. Oh well, I would have done the TG sooner or later so glad I found him.On another note.... why the hell do dragons have gold? Are they trying to get into the cities to go shopping? :huh: