Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Maybe you guys missed this part...
Woot. About to crack open my brand new Skyrim and put it in my brand new Xbox and see what all the hype is about.

However' date=' you have to talk to Brynjold to get info about Esbern anyway and he's already got you halfway doing his dirty business. Oh well, I would have done the TG sooner or later so glad I found him.

On another note.... why the hell do dragons have gold? Are they trying to get into the cities to go shopping? :huh:[/quote']Yep. So do sabercats, wolves, and bears, oh my!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Dragons having gold is pretty much tradition as far as dragons are concerned. I personally don't think any of them have near as much as should be expected :P

Dragons having gold is pretty much tradition as far as dragons are concerned. I personally don't think any of them have near as much as should be expected :P
Heh, reminds me of the dragon fight in Dragon age, when you loot the dragon it's full of gold and massive armour.The answer, to "why do dragons have gold" is clearly, "they eat merchants and gold is extremely hard to disolve.I bet they have massive kidney stones.On another note.... I'me running out of games to finish before buying Skyrim, and I almost have enough HD space now.

I'm continuing to watch the Skyboost thread. It does look like he is managing some improvements, but is he also introducing more bugs?

I'll start caring if he can bring out another 25%+ improvement, but for now, nah. I'll stick with TESVAL.Between it and nVidia's 290.53 drivers (a further 25% performance boost for Skyrim), I'm fine.

I'll start caring if he can bring out another 25%+ improvement' date=' but for now, nah. I'll stick with TESVAL.

Between it and nVidia's 290.53 drivers (a further 25% performance boost for Skyrim), I'm fine.[/quote']It is looking like, the more improvement in FPS that he gets, the more likely that he is exposing vanilla issues -- which may be why Beth didn't run an optimizer in the first play, as Arthmoor explained either earlier in this thread or somewhere else.

Is it just me that found it odd that...

When I went to join the Stormcloaks, Ulfrich didn't know/care that I was Thane of Whiterun. When I went to Whiterun to deliver Ulfrich's axe to Jarl Balgruuf, even he didn't question why I was doing Ulfrich's delivery job. At least at the end of Battle of Whiterun he recognizes my involvement. Epic battle, btw, but I cried over what we did. Whiterun is my favourite city. I hope it's restored.

Also; Level 20 and I've not run into one bear as I run willy nilly over forest, tundra and mountains. And the dragons are so easy to take down it's not even fun any more.

You'll find that there's a lot of that sort of thing. It's kind of unfortunate like that.And that's what you get for joining up with the Nazis, now isn't it.For us quest modder types, this series may be relevent to our interests.

I had a dragon during the middle of one of the big fort battles during the civil war quest line. I don't know whether or not it was scripted, but it sure livened things up a lot. Also, chain-lightning three storm cloaks at once. Tank.

You haven't lived until a dragon joins the battle of Windhelm. Not just any dragon. An Elder Dragon. That sure lit a fire under Tullius' ass. Along with about half the rest of the town when I decided to let the thing live to use it as a distraction :P

That was my approach. The seven or so Stormcloak archers stopped shooting at me and started shooting at it, and by the time I got their attention back it was too late for them. Also, while I can't say that Bethesda has taken a revolutionary step in terms of quest design, those pitched battles are very well scripted.

You haven't lived until a dragon joins the battle of Windhelm. Not just any dragon. An Elder Dragon. That sure lit a fire under Tullius' ass. Along with about half the rest of the town when I decided to let the thing live to use it as a distraction :P
I know the feeling alright.I should know' date=' I called that dragon. [img']http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif[/img]

Heh, I guess I'm the only Stormcloak here :PInteresting that the whole civil war is more exciting/fun/much better than the MQ. Althought I've put the MQ on hold during Alduin's Bane to do the civil war, maybe it gets better. Spending 6 hours in the dwemer ruin fighting Falmer to get the elder scroll really put me off. :shrug:

No, you're not the only Stormlocak here. Despite Ulfric's obvious megalomania, and his racism toward non-Nords, I sided with them with my lizard because the Empire is playing the appeasement game with the Thalmor and will eventually be swept aside because of it. That and he was NOT pleased that Tullius wanted to lop his head off for no good reason.My Breton conjurer sided with the Empire though, because his loyalty to the system was stronger than his desire to slit someone's throat for trying to execute him unjustly. So I've seen it from both sides. :)Blackreach was the single most awesome dungeon of all time. You didn't like it? I guess 6 hours might be a bit long though. I don't remember how long it took me but I doubt it was that long. The puzzle room annoyed me far more than the dungeon leading up to it.

No' date=' you're not the only Stormlocak here. Despite Ulfric's obvious megalomania, and his racism toward non-Nords, I sided with them with my lizard because the Empire is playing the appeasement game with the Thalmor and will eventually be swept aside because of it. That and he was NOT pleased that Tullius wanted to lop his head off for no good reason.

My Breton conjurer sided with the Empire though, because his loyalty to the system was stronger than his desire to slit someone's throat for trying to execute him unjustly. So I've seen it from both sides. :)

Blackreach was the single most awesome dungeon of all time. You didn't like it? I guess 6 hours might be a bit long though. I don't remember how long it took me but I doubt it was that long. The puzzle room annoyed me far more than the dungeon leading up to it.[/quote']Someone should do a mod where you kill Ulric, with the "voice" and proceed to become Emperour. I mean, only the Dragonborn are meant to rule tamriel, right?'course if the hero of the Oblivion crisis hadn't gone through a portal and then gone mad he blatently would have made a play for the throne.

Hey, did you know that you can remove that pesky mudcrab soul from your Grand soul gem just by dropping it?Bug? Yes. Useful? Hell yes. :grinning:

Exploit :PAlso that kind of thing could end up biting you in the ass if it's not retaining info about dropped items like that.

The game remembers if a gem (not Azura's Star, though) contains a Grand soul, so Grand and Black gems that are completely full are unaffected, but any soul lower than that is lost when the gem is dropped.Container transfers are okay. It's just dropping the gem that causes the bug.

Someone should do a mod where you kill Ulric' date=' with the "voice" and proceed to become Emperour. I mean, only the Dragonborn are meant to rule tamriel, right?[/quote']Er, well, except Ulfric is just becoming King of Skyrim, not Emperor of the Empire. :PAnd yes, I HATED Blackreach with a passion.

And yes' date=' I HATED Blackreach with a passion.[/quote']...what.Could you expand on that a bit? I seriously don't know why anybody wouldn't like Blackreach, never mind hate.

The game remembers if a gem (not Azura's Star' date=' though) contains a Grand soul, so Grand and Black gems that are completely full are unaffected, but any soul lower than that is lost when the gem is dropped.

Container transfers are okay. It's just dropping the gem that causes the bug.[/quote']http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1300172-rel-smart-souls/

...what.Could you expand on that a bit? I seriously don't know why anybody wouldn't like Blackreach' date=' never mind hate.[/quote']1. Falmer2. Chaurus3. FalmerSorry, but I wasn't impressed with floating jellyfish. I'm obviously not a dwemer architecture loving gal, cuz even that is ick. Had to run through another damn dwemer ruin today for the TG line, and I cursed all the way through. I hope to never set foot in one again. :PAnd yay me, seem to have had an Xbox glitch. Level 22 and I was fighting through many Falmer Gloomlurkers, which according to UESP shouldn't be around until level 38.

Falmer are annoying because they're supposed to be BLIND and don't ACT like it. Other than that, they're the goblins of Skyrim.

Falmer are ridiculously overpowered for what they are - half naked decrepit beasts. I'm no weakling, being a warrior, but when 2 or 3 of them come at me at the same time, I'm dead in 3 hits before I can get to the menu for some potions.