Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Heads up in case you're not aware. This miracle cure for FPS issues isn't without problems. It breaks the Helgen sequence for some reason. Ralof and the Imperials just stand there in the initial interior and stare at each other.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

True, it hasn't done anything weird to my current character who is done with the MQ and civil war. There must be something odd going on in Helgen though. It only seems to break Ralof's part. If you follow Hadvar instead it works fine.

You're referring to the very beginning right? I've barely started the MQ so I don't know how it progresses yet. I'll be lucky if I ever get to the MQ - I keep getting distracted by side quests...

I have recapped the Helgen issue in the official thread. I think I went where angels fear to go with putting this up on Nexus, but now that I have I will do my best to keep up with it. I have a feeling that because more people are testing it we are finding out about the issues.I did need to learn how to work with all the changes in how to upload a file. It has been a long time since I did that.

Ysne, what have you gotten yourself into? :grinning: Looks like they're being pretty good about it so far though.I'll keep an eye on the thread if I start a new character. Thanks for taking that on.

Ysne' date=' what have you gotten yourself into? :grinning: Looks like they're being pretty good about it so far though.

I'll keep an eye on the thread if I start a new character. Thanks for taking that on.[/quote']Yes this is showing the best side of this community. I obviously have no clue what I have gotten myself into. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Apropos of lolwut:louisletrushbug.jpgNo idea. The one stuck in the ground there was there for a while (after he walked from Riften to Dawnstar to Whiterun for some reason), the rest just seem to be multiplying.

Yep, Louis Letrush is a well known cloner. He only starts showing up outside Whiterun after you've done the horse thief quest in Riften. The one with him stuck in the ground is supposed to be him riding the stolen horse you got for him, but there's no horse under him.

Heads up on the FPS Miracle Cure: A hotfix has just been put out that fixes Ralof's script problems and also fixes the invisible blacksmith forges (that much I can confirm through my testing).Trouble is, it is uploaded to MegaVirus right now, so you will need to either brave the storm, or I could just email a copy for those who would rather not risk it.

I can't believe people are going gaga using a sketchy plugin over a (maybe) 5FPS gain in CERTAIN spots. :facepalm:Had to comment. Ignore me. Carry on.

For some people, the difference between 55fps and 60fps is enough to turn them into raving lunatics on the best of days. Console mentality, sadly.Me, I just like the fact that it seems to have smoothed over some of the bumps and microstutter I've had. Markarth and Whiterun have never given me any noticeable difference in play. I'm also not chronically obsessed with running FPS meters while playing either. So if I'm only getting *GASP* 30 and not 60, the world won't end, because I'll never be able to tell.BTW, it's not a sketchy plugin. It's just that Bethesda themselves are apparently doing some sketchy things with one of the bitmask types this code deals with that cause unusual reactions from certain scripts and meshes. So if anyone should be dinged for sketchy coding, surprise, we all know who.

I can't believe people are going gaga using a sketchy plugin over a (maybe) 5FPS gain in CERTAIN spots. :facepalm:

Had to comment. Ignore me. Carry on.

The number is 25% gains in CPU-intensive spots on average.That's a pretty significant number for one guy with no access to the source or compiler to pull off.I do understand where you are coming from, though. :wink:By the way, you know what the problem was? A typo. :tongue:

Well, the community did it. This TESV Acceleration Layer is a perfect example of just how great this community is and how well it works together.

Thanks for the updates guys. It's so much easier to follow this here. But I'll link the Beth post on DC.
You are getting the highlights. And thanks for putting a link up on DC.

So...the whole unusual stones quest thing.- Join the TG- Join the DB- Join the MG and progress far enough in their questline to unlock the Archmage's Quarters- Find 24 stones in a world and level-spanning quest- Traverse a giant and epic fairly badass dungeon- Pick up a really gaudy crown and recieve a bonus that lets you find gems more easily.That was fun, now let's never speak of it again.In other news, I ran out of achievements to get except the final two for the MG because I haven't done the MG yet.

Wow, I didn't realize just how short the Companions' Main Quest really was.I'm already halfway through it now and I've only got 12 hours on the character who is in the Guild. And I'm dawdling. :blink:

Wow' date=' I didn't realize just how short the Companions' Main Quest really was.

I'm already halfway through it now and I've only got 12 hours on the character who is in the Guild. And I'm dawdling. :blink:[/quote']The Winterhold College and the Companions main quests are probably the shortest for joinable factions. I think a lot more could have been done with the Bard's too.

Bards College is the shortest. Yes, it is joinable in that they make you a bard. There's one actual quest and 3 radiant quests. That's it. There's no meat beyond that. Although you could look on the bright side. At least they didn't make you their leader :P

Balls were, in fact, dropped there.Speaking of which, so my TG/DB stealth archer guy just got done beating the game. 64 hours. Some thoughts there:- Stealth makes more sense than it did in Oblivion, but that's not saying much. High level stealth is, as always, ludicrously good.- The "crouch to re-stealth" perk may as well not even work. I never got it to do anything.- I'm going to start turning off the auto-aim on archery, because it's terrible. OTOH, archery as a whole is relatively good. Not as totally OP as it was in Oblivion, but still quite good. Not as good as simply two-handing it all day, however.- I was unimpressed with the Lockpicking skill tree. It's fairly useless right up until you get the lockpicks never break perk, at which point it's...kind of ok? The side perks are mostly "make a lot of money!" which is useless because I'm already rich, or "get keys" which makes it so you can't level your skill anymore.- Pretty sure my rogue had more hp than my warrior, simply because my warrior had to drop points in stamina, and the only thing that I needed stamina for as a rogue was to combat roll up stairs more or zoom in with my bow, neither of which is really useful when you have the aura whisper shout.- TG and DB were both pretty satisfying guilds, although the "you must do a million radiant thievery missions" thing was painful, boring, and annoying. I really dug the DB, though, though I'm not sure if I think the writing on either guild is really up to what it was in Oblivion. Killing

Cicero

was intensely satisfying. I hated that dude.- I elaborated on this at some length elsewhere, but there's very little doubt in my mind that the Stormcloaks are the Team Evil of this game. I actually felt more like an evil guy listening to Ulfric give his victory speech than I did, say, doing the last few quests of the DB questline. You helped the Stormcloaks win? Congratulations. Team Thalmor thanks you.- I'm pretty annoyed that the best house in the game is actually the one in Windhelm, and that one's got a messed up interior that doesn't properly clean up from Blood on the Ice. I'm chiefly annoyed because I hate Windhelm. It's the lamest city in the game in more than one way, maybe the lamest city in a TES game. I didn't think it was going to be possible to hate a city more than I hate Cheydinhal, but they fixed that for me. I have a fairly burning need to get a house mod done.- The Hermaeus Mora quest reward is pretty intense.

That's because it wouldn't make sense to call it the Blunt of Whiterun. :) Unless you can smoke it of course...@Dwip: I love the fact that the Stormcloaks are actually a morally corrupt group, despite having one really commendable goal - getting the boot of Thalmor aggression kicked out of Skyrim. The Imperials may be the more righteous group but their total appeasement of the Thalmor oppressors makes them nearly as bad. Keep in mind though, they're cutting their own throats by enforcing the ban on Talos worship. The Stormcloaks in the end chose the right path there. One day, I promise you, the Empire will regret signing the White Gold Concordant.Do keep in mind too, this means Bethesda is growing as lore writers. There's so much moral grey area running through this game. I love it. Not even the Dark Brotherhood is purely evil to the core.As far as the major cities, yes, I would have to agree that Windhelm dropped the ball. Not as badly as you're getting at though. There is nothing that in my mind could be worse than Cheydinhal, except perhaps vanilla Leyawiin. I think the biggest area the blew it in though was the other 4 capitals. All composed of generic buildings? Really? They could have done better. ONE city with those types of buildings I could see, but not the entirety of the game. It makes most of the holds all seem the same. Made worse by all the villages using the same generic stuff. Surely some potential here once resource modders can get started.