Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

You know what? I don't think I am ever going to upload my mods to Steam Workshop.After just browsing a couple pages of SkyUI comments and seeing all the idiots bitching about SKSE and demanding a no-SKSE version, I have concluded that the people there are too dumb and short-sighted to be worth my time to support.Besides, Skyrim Derailed is going to be replacing vanilla scripts, so by definition I cannot host it on the Workshop.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Gah, well, ray of hope turned out to be radiation sickness. It looks like the CK doesn't even make the changes to the navmesh enable parents. What a waste.

Okay, I think I've got the Dark Brotherhood derail close to finished. The Innocence Lost quest terminates itself with a special journal entry if you choose the new option to decline taking Aretino's contract, at which point the vanilla questline picks the reins back up and you have the note delivered to you shortly after. You should now be able to roleplay destroying the Brotherhood without a character violation.Now all I need to do is deal with the lightning-fast dialogue. Looks like I'll be generating some silent voice files for this.And for what it's worth, this was a great way to get myself associated with how dialogue and quests work in the Creation Kit. Dialogue views certainly make my life easier setting up the conversations, I can say that much. :P

You know, as I think about this, all these people wanting to do city expansion mods that will require modifying landscape and shit. Have they looked yet at what awaits them? The ungodly ridiculous use of huge statics for the roads and terrain inside a city? I don't think they have.

I noticed that even before the CK was out. The terrain texturing in the cities is simply impossible to get the way they are using the normal landscaping tools for this engine. That and Solitude, both are pretty big honking clues (Solitude's case being the engine's inability to overlap the landscape mesh).This does, of course, mean that it will be much more difficult to landscape a city because the terrain is all composed from a tileset.

So why would 6 million downloads be done in a week's time if there aren't substantial numbers of people using mods? I think it's at least fair to say that the 2 million downloads via the Workshop represent enough on their own.

So why would 6 million downloads be done in a week's time if there aren't substantial numbers of people using mods? I think it's at least fair to say that the 2 million downloads via the Workshop represent enough on their own.
I'm not disputing it's a big number, but if 200,000 people are on the Steam playing Skyrim at any one time you need to ask what proportion of Beth's overall customer base it represents. 2 million mod downloads doesn't represent 2 million mod users, far from it. I'm guesing anyone on Beth's forum is probably using a double digit number of mods already.

Oh, Bethesda, you and your monolithic terrain pieces. Maybe if you'd, I dunno, checked them out first?

Wait, what? I don't think that can be right since MQ101 explicitly sets the game hour. Those are usually global variables and should be easily accessed as such. Guess it's time to trawl the wiki and confirm.

Eh, well, can't find it on the wiki, but this command is in the first stage of MQ101:GameHour.SetValue(7)You'd need a property on the script to point to the global value for this to work, but it does work. I don't see why GameDay wouldn't also work.

Okay, after checking through the "The Blessings of Nature" quest for the reason why the big tree was not being disabled properly if you chose to go the sapling route, I think I found the problem.There is a flaw in the post-quest script in that it only calls for the big tree's CLUTTER to be disabled, it never calls for the actual TREE to be disabled.I'm going to test this out real quick now and see if this revised script works. Now... if only I could get the cleanup quest to fire....EDIT: It worked. I'll post this to the UOP thread.

I think Kivan might already have this fixed in the mod. I know I saw something pass by the tracker about it in the last few days or so. He's been working like a machine on it for the last week or so.

I've put it on the server here in case anyone wants this fix early.It's going to stay off the mainstream sites, though. No need to bother; too small.

I've put it on the server here in case anyone wants this fix early.

It's going to stay off the mainstream sites' date=' though. No need to bother; too small.[/quote']I downloaded it for now. Next time I play through, I'll get the sapling instead.

So, the navmesh bug. Remember how I thought you could dodge around it while editing vanilla forms? JustinOther's idea to give them editor IDs? Yep, that doesn't actually work. :(Neither does tricking the CK into causing your new navmesh to merge onto an existing vanilla form. The game will not reload the additional triangles you linked.

So... I see that after 200 years carpenters in Nirn still struggle with individuality.Good to know.