Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

That seems a little out of proportion to how good I remember Falmer being, which is to say not that good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Sounds like whatever pushed your leveled lists off a cliff is why Falmer are such an annoyance. I haven't played a raw combat guy yet, but my mage and assassin both had little trouble with them. Though the shadowmasters are still tough for the mage.

I had trouble when I first encountered Falmer when doing the mages guild questline, but once I got some better spells they stopped being an issue. Generally I take them on up close nowadays anyway.

Gah, if I knew the house for sale in Windhelm was the one I found the Necromancer practicing in, I wouldn't have wasted my hard earned 12000 septims. Then I had to pay 500 to get it cleaned! :rolleyes:

Hey, at least you got to buy the house and also triggered the stages to clean it up. My lizard can't even trigger the quest needed to buy it and my conjurer can't get rid of the blood stains.

Blood on the Ice: Skyrim's version of Ahdarji's Heirloom.Seems there is always at least one quest in every game that is so full of bugs whether or not it is possible to finish is up to a roll of the dice and the will of Julianos Sithis.

Nah. Skyrim's version of Corruption and Conscience. That quest is STILL getting fixes in the UOP 6 years later. Ahdarji's Heirloom is nowhere near as bug ridden.

Heh. Besides the quest marker constantly pointing at the coffin where the murder started, the quest was fine for me. The house is clean but haven't bought any furnishings yet. Love the house anyway, it's huge. Much much better than the Whiterun house, and Calder is less annoying than Lydia.

I managed to get Lydia killed during a side quest... That's par for the course - this character build is so bad I had to turn down the difficulty. *sigh* I hate the perk system!

I managed to get Lydia killed during a side quest... That's par for the course - this character build is so bad I had to turn down the difficulty. *sigh* I hate the perk system!
I really, really hate the perk system too. Leveling system stinks too. But then you already know that.

I really' date=' really hate the perk system too. Leveling system stinks too. But then you already know that.

[/quote']Yeah, I've been taking notes as I play :grinning: My main concern is not making it too easy with Skyrim XP. Although the perks system does make the code much easier. Still a lot of messing around with skills, but I don't need to worry about skill perks and controlling how much attributes are increased. I'll be starting a WIP thread on Beth soon.

Poor Bethesda. They can't win! People hated the leveling in Morowind. Got changed. Hated it in Oblivion. Got changed. Apparently hated it in Fallout. Got changed. Now hate it in Skyrim. If I were them I'd just throw my hands up in surrender and make what *I* wanted and damn the haters :PI prefer the perks system over any other vanilla leveling system we've been given so far. Attributes and such are great and all but they don't really fit the model of game I think they've been pursuing all these years.Of course I tend to prefer XP systems even more, if only for the fact that they seem more tangible. It's just too bad such a system came along too late in Oblivion's cycle for me to want to play through again with one.

What Samson said. I'd make a few tweaks to Skyrim's leveling rates, but the system itself is one of my favorites, definitely because of the perks. About the only thing I might swap it out for is the iteration of SPECIAL in Fallout 3/New Vegas - XP-based with interesting perks (Fallout probably has better perks than Skyrim, or more interesting ones anyway).Beats Oblivion and Morrowind by miles and miles.

Yeah I think designing something for Skyrim will be interesting. I'm actually looking at working on two levelling systems. Skyrim XP and an overhaul that Xae is looking at doing. Xae's system would use the existing process but adjust some of the rates and how skills are allocated. He's asked me to help with the scripting.My current thought process is that Skyrim XP will simply shift how experience points are earned. You'll get them from quests, killing stuff and doing things like opening locks rather than from skill use. I want to get rid of the skill spamming.I think Beth does do what they like. I don't think they mind people offering alternatives either. It allows everybody to get what they want. And I'm thankful that they provide the tools for us to do exactly that!

I'm liking this leveling system, although find it far too easy and fast to level up. The perks definitely make it interesting.Just finished the Companion guild story. It made me cry. Twice. But geez, talk about short and sweet. I'm like, wait... it's over?

Yeah I think designing something for Skyrim will be interesting. I'm actually looking at working on two levelling systems. Skyrim XP and an overhaul that Xae is looking at doing. Xae's system would use the existing process but adjust some of the rates and how skills are allocated. He's asked me to help with the scripting.

My current thought process is that Skyrim XP will simply shift how experience points are earned. You'll get them from quests' date=' killing stuff and doing things like opening locks rather than from skill use. I want to get rid of the skill spamming.

I think Beth does do what they like. I don't think they mind people offering alternatives either. It allows everybody to get what they want. And I'm thankful that they provide the tools for us to do exactly that![/quote']I will look forward to seeing what you and Xae come up with Andalaybay. I'll be happy to help test out both. If you do include skill use at all (especially for crafting) that needs to be slowed down drastically. I will try to keep an eye out for your WIPS thread too.

urgh, right now the biggest incentive to buy Skyrim is that I can take shots to post on her facebook wall.

Well, I just counted things out: Skyrim adds seven new spell effects, three new casting methods, and dual-casting in exchange for removing 22 previous spell effects and all spell creation.I'll let you decide if that is a balanced trade.

Oopsie, I destroyed the Dark Brotherhood. :redface: Thank you Sithis for that Stone of Barenziah.For anyone taking notes for the Skyrim Unofficial Patch, feel free to report this if it isn't already. Found a typo in a "Letter from the Steward" in Aventus Arentino's house. Near the end it says "or if you possess the ability the read the letter I am currently composing..."Should be, "the ability to read the letter..."

This guy is so frickin dense...He keeps dodging around the point I was trying to make by bringing up licensing restrictions when what I was trying to point out to him has nothing to do with that. I want to retort, but I won't because I don't want to send that thread off-topic again. :headbang: Okay, I've vented. Sorry, I needed to get rid of that burning feeling in my chest that I get when someone just doesn't get what I'm trying to tell him.