Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

I have just decided the Blades can go to hell (or Oblivion' date=' take your pick).

If it weren't for my zero-murder creed for this character, they would have their throats slit right now.[/quote']

They're both essential, unfortunately. I did take great pleasure in fus-roh-da'ing Esbern off the mountain behind the blades temple, however. That old man can really bounce.

I didn't think of that Morena. And yes TK, just giving an order to a dragonborn was rather presumptuous of Delphine.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Ever since I installed 1.3, it seems my dragon encounters have dried up. The only ones I'm fighting now are at dragon roosts. Randoms have completely stopped showing up.Coincidence?

Have you completed the MQ on that character? If so I'd call that a welcome feature in line with what everyone in the game says.

I've become convinced there are no dragons in this game. I've just barely started the MQ and I've only encountered the scripted one near Whiterun and one at a roost.Also running 1.3.

There's some indication that doing the Whiterun dragon (get your mind out of the gutter!) isn't enough to trigger the random spawns. A few people have suggested that you need to go as far as the Kynesgrove mission with Delphine before things get into full swing. So it appears to be a lot like how the OB gates worked and they start ramping up the further you get into the MQ.

FWIW, I just fought like three 1.3 dragons this morning.Way the escalation seems to work for me is:- Whiterun dragon turns dragons on period. I was able to walk straight up to a word wall on a summit prior to that.- Kynesgrove turns on named dragons, who then show up near dragon graves (which are foolishly unmarked, and remind me to make a mod for that).Haven't gone far enough with my new guy to see anything else, but I don't recall as how my post-MQ first guy had any dragons in 1.1. Milage probably varies.

Nope, I'm late into the MQ (Act 5):

I have defeated Alduin at the throat of the World and spoken to Jarl Balgruuf about trapping a dragon in Dragonsreach

I'm picking them up all the time with 1.1 early in the main quest (up to the point where I need to go see the Greybeards). Falkreath, my usual point of call for flogging off my loot, has been attacked something like three times out of the last eight I went there.

Finally encountered my first random dragon. Found the trigger: the most inopportune time!! Just finished rescuing the guy from Whiterun (a side quest) and we were chatting when I heard the unmistakable sound of a dragon flying overhead. "Ok dude, glad you're ok - gotta run..."Probably as Arthmoor suggests: there are a few, but the numbers don't ramp up until later.Oh and me killing a dragon: I nibble the poor thing to death...

All I know is that with 1.1, post-MQ dragons continue to show up in droves. It makes little sense when everyone is talking about how there are no more dragons.

SkyUI is apparently out now. Those of you brave enough to have already updated to 1.3 can tell those of us who haven't if it's worth it. Although I'm going to hold out for the patch that comes with official LAA support.

It does look like Dragons don't spawn like they should since the 1.3 patch.I thought I had seen this issue posted in the Tracker for bugs but I can't find reports dealing with the issues of dragons not spawning over there. I'm going to report this as a new issue and hope I'm not duplicating anything.

Well, I finally did get a random dragon leaving Markarth today, but they definitely seem to have become rarer. I have no problem with rarer dragon encounters, so long as they get toughened up to compensate.Dwip: SkyUI has some alternate icons for you to choose from. Straight blends best with the UI design scheme.And its totally worth it, even as small as the initial RELz might be. So far, only the inventory menu is covered. Magic, barter, container, and crafting menus are on the way. Those are all the easy ones.Skills will probably come last, because a lot of hardcoding went into that menu.

And the SkyUI release thread got closed due to some idiot. This moron thought the message about requiring SKSE and giving a download link was advertising!! Beth will clean it up and re-open the thread. I guess it would be wishful thinking that all these guys will be gone by the time the CK is released, right? *sigh* And the goof in question is apparently in his 60's! Oh well.

This is the internet. He only claims he's in his 60's. His demeanor indicates otherwise. It was an absurd complaint to begin with. Sounds to me like some 14 year old punk who didn't want to admit he'd done the install incorrectly and decided to troll the forum after they told him he was wrong.

You can tell for sure he isn't in his 60's in his first post because he goes 'Is that like, infringement'. I don't think any 60 year old's use 'like' like that.

Good point. I use "like" in vocal speech all the time, but never in writing. It was awfully immature for someone claiming to be that old. Trust me guys, once you start reaching my advanced years, you just don't have the fucking energy to get your knickers in a knot over a messagebox. Now killing off your character, on the other hand... :grinning:

So I definitely didn't expect that drinking quest to end up how it did. Also, 30x backstab damage with Mehrune's Razor lolwut.

So, I spent all that time searching for it in Cyrodiil, pass it on to my ancestors when I die and suddenly it shows up in Skyrim 200 years later? Please don't tell me there's a quest to find it, again. :huh:

So' date=' I spent all that time searching for it in Cyrodiil, pass it on to my ancestors when I die and suddenly it shows up in Skyrim 200 years later? Please don't tell me there's a quest to find it, [i']again[/i]. :huh:
Sorry to disappoint, but yes. Yes, there is.

Fortifying your Sneak skill over 100 causes the skill to become bugged. Where at 95 Sneak my character was virtually a ghost, the moment the skill eclipsed 100, enemies effectively became psychic, detecting him the instant he entered the room or fired a single arrow.Keep that in mind, stealthy-types. Going over 100 Sneak makes your character a novice again.

At least the "artifacts randomly disappear" trope from all the TES games makes a lot more sense in the Oblivion->Skyrim jump than it ever did in the Morrowind->Oblivion jump, where the Nerevarine is (presumably) still alive. Also, the Razor quest is pretty cool, has some nifty lore attached, and is fun.Which, yeah. Did the Peryite one again, and was pretty meh about it. I guess the visuals are cool, but it's about twice as long as it really needs to be.