Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Finally let Steam take my game back... I still hate Steam - goddamn thing is now nagging me to set up my online account properly so I can talk to all my friends angry.png

But I am pleased to say that patch three seems to be working pretty good. My keyboard and mouse bindings finally work.

Also finally tried NMM to install a Skyrim mod (vurt's flora). Yep' date=' hated it. Damn thing makes you sign into Nexus but won't remember your password and it just gets more annoying from there. Anyway looks like it installed the mod ok. I think it's going to be popular though. The only reason I used it was because that was the only option vurt used unless you wanted to download and install each option manually. I don't mind installing manually, but I wanted everything in one package.[/quote']

NMM wouldn't install that one for me. I may try it again later.

Another difference between Oblvion and Skyrim dungeons -- I haven't had a single fogged up screen in the skyrim dungeons.

It wouldn't install it for me the first time either. Then I opened it again, and NMM wanted to install an update. I let it go ahead and then it installed the mod just fine.For my mods, I'll use BAIN packaging too. I used to include the omod conversion data as well and I'll see what happens with Skyrim.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

You won't need omod conversion data for Skyrim since OBMM is not the proper tool for that job :PChances are it'll play out with 3 competing tools: The Workshop, NMM, and BAIN. It all depends on how the authoring side of things works. As of right now, BAIN has the edge because it's out and its project management code already works. NMM doesn't have project tools yet, and it won't for some time to come because the thing is still a big mess in beta just for installing stuff.

Nope' date=' Bards' College is the verses quest and 3 fetch quests, then nothing. Totally dropped the ball there unless it's getting picked up in DLC. There's not even any point in having the thing there.[/quote']Totally agree on this. What is it with these bards losing their instruments in dungeons, anyway? They had the opportunity to create something different with those quests, but it's just more of the same, but without any sense of urgency.

You won't need omod conversion data for Skyrim since OBMM is not the proper tool for that job :P
Hahaha... At one point Robin was saying that NMM would support OBMM scripts or offer something similar. If so, then I'd probably package as BAIN with conversion scripts.

That is a very cool rendition of the armor.The modding community for this game is beginning to grow impatient to the point of being detrimental. There are way too many hackishly created ESP mods showing up, and now people have discovered you can use batch files to short circuit the game start. I have genuine fear that the next month or so is going to see a lot more damaging material show up before the CK has a chance to get out. It's going to take months to get these situations corrected once that happens.There are very few people who I'd trust to know what they're doing with TESSnip and/or random batch files.

Nightengale Prime is a really good retex. I'd probably even use it if it looked anything like something that came out of a fantasy world. Looks like I should be using it in FO3.

I like that armour too - very nice.I loaded up one esp mod: Corepc's respawn changer.Installed it with NMM and it didn't install it right :grinning: Easily fixed, but it's clear you need to do the same kind fussing about with NMM as you need to do with OBMM or BAIN. At least with either of those packages, you'd either see what it was going to do right up front so you could install it properly in the first place (BAIN) or it would give you an error message (OBMM). NMM just installed it anyway.

All due respect to Corepc, that sort of thing really ought to be Bash options instead of a morass of multiple ESP option files. Otherwise it's Frans all over again with 500 files because of all the different combinations of things. I was really hoping to see a higher class of mods being done for Skyrim. The danger here with impatience is that this stuff gets set in stone and 6 months from now nobody will give them up and we'll be stuck dealing with the aftermath for years to come.

Yeah, I was a little surprised it was such a hodge-podge too. Presumably it's because he can't combine all the options into a single plugin right now. I really didn't like the 30 day body removal and some of the respawn times, so I went ahead.And I wound up removing it from NMM too. If you deselect some of the esp's, it will re-enable them on you! So back to manual for now.It looks like Bash for Skyrim is coming along nicely, so I'm going to install that *shock*

Well, I've just run into a very aggravating quest breakdown. Completing the Thieves Guild Main Quest before finishing all the small jobs and four special jobs causes the end to become bugged to hell and back:

Karliah returns to Snow Veil Sanctum instead of Nightingale Hall, the portal to the Sepulcher in Nightingale Hall never opens, and Brynjolf's dialogue gets stuck making it impossible to become the Guildmaster.

What did Bethesda even test during their supposed new "rigorous playtesting system?" Bethesda better start fixing these damn quests soon.

I just added more info to the tracker for the bug about the warped soul gem in Arniel's Endeavor too. The way things are now, my son is completely unable to complete that quest on the PS3.With a game this big, I don't think they had time to test anything more than the main quest.

Well' date=' I've just run into a very aggravating quest breakdown. Completing the Thieves Guild Main Quest before finishing all the small jobs and four special jobs causes the end to become bugged to hell and back:

Karliah returns to Snow Veil Sanctum instead of Nightingale Hall, the portal to the Sepulcher in Nightingale Hall never opens, and Brynjolf's dialogue gets stuck making it impossible to become the Guildmaster.

What did Bethesda even test during their supposed new "rigorous playtesting system?" Bethesda better start fixing these damn quests soon.[/quote']This needs to be further tested, because I got all the way through without completing a single one of those small jobs without a problem.. I'm going to try it again and see if I get different results this time with a new character.

I also completed the thieves guild without issue and became the guild master. I still have one more special job to do. Haven't bothered messing with the Nightengale thing yet, that could be bugged. Brynjolf's dialog is stuck for me too though.At least I think I'm the guildmaster. lulzI guess I'll have to try it doing all the small quests first on another play and see if it ends differently for me.

I also completed the thieves guild without issue and became the guild master. I still have one more special job to do. Haven't bothered messing with the Nightengale thing yet' date=' that could be bugged. Brynjolf's dialog is stuck for me too though.

At least I think I'm the guildmaster. lulz

I guess I'll have to try it doing all the small quests first on another play and see if it ends differently for me.[/quote']I thought I was guildmaster, but you're not actually the boss until they give you your guildmaster armor and have a little ceremony, where the whole guild gathers around in the Ratway cistern. For that, you need to do all the special quests, and still have your original thieves guild armor.Mind you, I was able to become Guildmaster and get the Guildmaster's Armor even though I completed the main Thieves Guild storyline quest before doing any of the special side jobs. In fact, I didn't even know the special jobs existed until I saw them mentioned on a forum. Thankfully, I still had my guild armor stowed in a chest in my house.

I'm already testing that particular bug. It happened for me that time, so this time I've rolled back to an earlier save from...

after I became a Nightingale but before I went to chase down Mercer in Irkngthand...

and have just finished completing all four of the Guild Improvement quests, so I am now in a position to find a few things out. Since the bug supposedly occurs when you complete the main quest before you complete the side quests, this should change the circumstances a bit.

Was telling Dwip about the FXAA injector settings I use. You can find it as Easy Eyes on Skyrimnexus. The only thing it does is helps make dark dark and enhances the colors a hair during the day. None of the technicolor stuff so many of these seem to be packed with.BeforeTESV%2525202011-12-10%25252019-54-47-24.pngAfterTESV%2525202011-12-10%25252019-54-37-75.pngI also found that, due to the interior shadow draw bug, if you reduce the draw distance to something low, lights are more realistic in the dark, though you won't get shadows, so it's a bit of a tradeoff.

Okay, I've re-tested the Thieves Guild ending, and this time, Under New Management started correctly, so I was able to properly become Guildmaster.However, Karliah still refuses to go to Nightingale Hall, returning to Snow Veil Sanctum anyways (meaning that whatever AI package tasks her to Nightingale Hall is bad), and she was still lying about the portal to the Twilight Sepulcher (bad conditions on a trigger, most likely).I'm pretty sure its a bad AI Package returning Karliah to Snow Veil Sanctum now. Under New Management Stage 50 is set up to immediately move her back to Nightingale Hall, but once she is there, she just wanders back to Snow Veil Sanctum.

Odd. For me she's hanging out at the guildhall with all the other thieves. So rather than a bad AI pack, I think you guys have got a condition variable that didn't get set somehow.

She gets moved to the Guildhall when it's time to make you Guildmaster, stays there until you finish the quest, and is supposed to get returned to Nightingale Hall when you are done (this stage never fires). But once she does, she wanders back to Snow Veil Sanctum (probably returning to her Editor location) and stays there for the remainder of the game. If she's in the Guild Hall, something probably went wrong in the quest to make you Guildmaster, because she is definitely supposed to leave when you are done.