Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

FNVEdit can view the quest data for Skyrim. It's good for at least browsing through known records.@Arthmoor: That is exactly why I am limiting my modding for Skyrim to replacers only right now. Textures, interface tweaks, and INI edits are all I have so far, and that's not going to change for a while.Also, my Skyrim.ESM modified date remains firmly at 11/11/11. And considering the patch was only 50-someodd Mb, and Skyrim.ESM is ~240Mb... something doesn't add up about whoever is reporting that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Say, Beth. I know I've been complaining about resistances being uber for a while now, but maybe a little overboard on the fix, huh?Kind of want to install the patch just to see some backwards dragons.Apparently we've now decided to go for the Daggerfall patch experience and not the Oblivion patch experience? The world wonders.

They're apparently using the recently implemented difference patching for Skyrim. So there shouldn't be any ginormous amounts of data for the patches.@Andalaybay: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood_on_the_Ice the code there for MS11 should be what I want, though it's simply not started and supposedly it should be long ago by now.

Okay, I've decided to give the finger to patch 1.2 and revert back to my backup of the day one Skyrim EXE (with LAA, of course), and Steam will now remain permanently in offline mode until a hotfix is issued. I can keep the update to the Interface archive without problems, but the last two updates (well, last one and the stealth DRM patch) are now effectively erased.Until Bethesda gets up off their asses and announces 1.2 screwed up more than it fixed (in typical Bethesda fashion) and releases a hotfix, 1.2 is henceforth banned from my PC.

Oh yes. The gate thing is why she's been banished from ever coming with me again. Let her tend house in ebony armor for all I care. The DB Initiate has high enough sneak to be able to walk right over those.The shooting an arrow into the sky thing is new though. I bet it's a byproduct of the magnetic auto-aim thing. The video has a second bug if you were paying attention. Quiver clipped the bench. In fact, if you notice, ALL NPCs who are seated on furniture have their weapons clipping through.

So I was playing around with a handcart; sending it flying by pressing it up against a wall until the physics caused it to take off while listening to my character get injured. A couple times, unremarkable, but come the third time..."BAWK!!!"The cart went sailing and flattened a chicken. Cracked me up. :lol:

Heh. That reminds me of a time in Morrowind where I jumped from a railing in Vivec City and landed on an Ordinator below. Killing him dead from the fall. I wonder if it's possible to kill an NPC by landing on them in Skyrim....

What if...I pushed a dead mammoth off a mountain into a crowd of NPC's below. It could be a sort of ten pin bowling.

It doesn't work with dead things unfortunately. You'd have to rig up a cart filled with weapons from your fallen foes or something and push it off onto them. Maybe a bucket full of giant toes :P

I really REALLY dislike it when modders do stuff like that. All that does is encourage Bethesda to consider it dealt with and never bother with it themselves.

BTW: People had said Skyrim.esm got changed. That did not happen. Only the Interfaces.bsa file and the EXE got changed, and both files are dependent on each other. So if you back out the EXE you have to also back out the interface changes or the menus will break.

I, as Arthmoor, shall remain firmly entrenched in my non-patched bliss.I trolled through the "mods" on SNex and found a few fairly decent looking retexes. Nothing incredible yet.I did find an injector settings file that I like. It makes caves and such pretty dark without killing the contrast and the world itself has just a touch more contrast but doesn't fall into ridicu-technicolor like most of the rest of the ones that have been posted. I believe it's called Easy Eyes. Doesn't seem to hit my FPS by more than a few, which the mod author promised would be the case in his description.Anyway, I'm going to go make a necromancer now. :D

I' date=' as Arthmoor, shall remain firmly entrenched in my non-patched bliss.

I trolled through the "mods" on SNex and found a few fairly decent looking retexes. Nothing incredible yet.

I did find an injector settings file that I like. It makes caves and such pretty dark without killing the contrast and the world itself has just a touch more contrast but doesn't fall into ridicu-technicolor like most of the rest of the ones that have been posted. I believe it's called Easy Eyes. Doesn't seem to hit my FPS by more than a few, which the mod author promised would be the case in his description.

Anyway, I'm going to go make a necromancer now. :D[/quote']TK is also in that group. I'm tempted. I do have this installed on another computer that hasn't been patched yet so I would even still have a BSA to go back to. I'm still waiting to see what happens with further patches. But what they did to the keyboard really, really annoys me.

Yeah, I'm running a mod to fix the keyboard and mouse bindings. Not perfect - it's hit or miss whether I can grab everything from a container or it switches itself to store items mode and I actually wind up transferring my stuff to the container... angry.png But I'm really not sure about loading that patch.SKSE has fixed the magic resistances bug that was introduced, so hopefully there will be another patch soon.

What Bethesda currently has planned for SkyrimA few highlights:The Creation Kit is slated to hit in January. This will include a tandem release of a Creation Kit Wiki and several tutorial vids to help you get started if you are new or get acquainted with new features if you are a returning modder.Bethesda is working with Valve to make it possible to distribute mods through Valve's own mod distribution service: Steam Workshop. A notable feature: you can browse for Skyrim mods anywhere you have an internet connection and flag mods you like, and then when you return to your game PC, thyey will be downloaded and installed automatically.And for those of you who can see the obvious holes in such a system (particularly pertaining to Bethesda mods), you can still use modding sites like Skyrim Nexus to get them.A hotfix for the backwards flying dragons and broken resistances is slated to hit next week. This time, they anticipate PC will get it first. :tongue:Finally, we can anticipate most future small updates to be obtained by the PC users first, and more often (title updates will likely still see tandem releases to keep things fair) because update certification is not required for us.

I have a screen of that waiting to upload to my gallery. I guess it more or less floored us all because once I shot it, I just stood there in awe for about 5 minutes or so.

I have a screen of that waiting to upload to my gallery. I guess it more or less floored us all because once I shot it' date=' I just stood there in awe for about 5 minutes or so.[/quote']did it felt your face off?

That particular shot? It sure came close. It isn't a room filled with horrible quality tables and chairs.