Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

But I'm not a normal person, I bought Skyrim for PC! :tongue:Wouldn't make any difference, actually. I started a specific thread for that bug in BGSF and within the first half-hour CorePC came in and told me that he witnessed the same thing happening on someone's 360 copy.That pretty much explains everything. This bug is a programming error that slipped the net before the game went gold. Even on default settings, it still happened for me, too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Yep. Even that silly bcedit command thing did nothing to prevent it continuing to happen. Bethesda, are you even trying?

I just had a VERY hairy tussle: me and two Hagravens for a Word of Power. Together, they were much too strong for me to fight, so I had to get creative, because I was not leaving without that Word. In the end, I managed to lure them away long enough for me to sneak into their lair, learn the Word, and loot their valuables. Afterwards, I made a very dramatic escape by using my Become Ethereal shout (the word I received was the second word for it) and jumping off the top of a 50-foot waterfall.Good times! Gooood times!!!

Has anyone found all 9 dragon masks yet. My son was telling me about the ninth one and it sounds just a little over the top... I added the info on that mask to the UESPWiki after going on line and verifying what my son found in his game on the PS3.Healing you, summoning an uber powerful Dragon Priest that fights for you, casting a fire shield wall, knocking back enemies....

Nope, I think I only have 4 of those masks and I don't really like any of them since they're classified as heavy armor.Anyone know why I can't buy the house in Windhelm? The steward keeps yapping about something bad happening there and needing to clean up the mess first but it never progresses past that.Also, I'm done. Awesome quests.

No idea about Windhelm, but I tell you what isn't awesome, is horses. Can you believe they're even WORSE than in Oblivion?OTOH, a scene from earlier:Me: Oh crap, it's an ice wraith.Bunny: Oh crap, it's an ice wraith.Ice Wraith: BUNNY!Bunny: Oshi- *flees*Ice Wraith: *gives chase*Me: Guess I'll loot this tower, then.

Yeah, horses suck ass in ways I never though it was possible. Except for Shadowmere being more or less immortal that is.

Nope' date=' I think I only have 4 of those masks and I don't really like any of them since they're classified as heavy armor.

Anyone know why I can't buy the house in Windhelm? The steward keeps yapping about something bad happening there and needing to clean up the mess first but it never progresses past that.

Also, I'm done. Awesome quests.[/quote']I have found one so far. Volsung. In my game this one is light armor, better prices, more carry weight and can breathe underwater with this one. My son is the one who got them all, He has Shadowmere and rides that horse up and down mountains that look to be almost vertical. He did manage to kill that horse off once, but wasn't able to replicate that.

What's wrong with horses? Mine rocks. It fights for me and stuff.Shadowmer is a little OP (and on a different character).

It appears Skyrim's archery has an "arc compensation" auto-aim mechanic in place, which basically means that wherever you are aiming up to a certain specified distance, the game will automatically compensate for the arrow's flight arc to always put the arrow dead-center where you aimed your crosshair. There's why I have been so inaccurate in this game thus far... the game was interfering with my shots by trying to baby me with excessive auto-aim that I was not used to and I don't even need.If you don't like this mechanic and wish to disable it, add these two lines to your Skyrim.INI under [Combat]:f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0

I think we should start an ini thread with only those tweaks we've personally tried and verified as working. Burying them in a 1400+ post thread is silly :PAlso I kind of wondered about why I sometimes miss, but that's almost always been at distance.

Remember, kids - don't use quotes in URLs. It makes sad rabbits sad.And I dunno about you, but there's enough convenience stuff in there to make things worth my while. That is a pretty light feature list, though. Indicative of faster, more frequent patches, or just Beth being lame? We wonder.Also the one time ever that PS3 users get tossed a bone.

My son is real happy that there isn't an ice bolt sticking through his character anymore. He is playing on the PS3. So far that is the only real difference he has noticed.

Remember' date=' kids - don't use quotes in URLs. It makes sad rabbits sad.

And I dunno about you, but there's enough convenience stuff in there to make things worth my while. That is a pretty light feature list, though. Indicative of faster, more frequent patches, or just Beth being lame? We wonder.

Also the one time ever that PS3 users get tossed a bone.[/quote']

Convenience issues perhaps, but there isn't a single thing there other than the projectiles thing that I've actually been affected by. Their "General functionality fixes" for the UI is far too vague to even know what that means.

I would think it would mean fixing the Y-sensitivity as well as the numerous bugs the UI mouse controls contain (clicks occasionally don't do anything, clicking on certain filters in the Barter menu closes the menu instead of selecting the filter, etc.)

Oh, all those niggly little things I figured out how to deal with that aren't breaking the quests and AI? Yep, priorities. Bethesda needs them. If that calendar bug stays in the game then we might as well all just pack it in and go back to Oblivion.

Don't get me wrong, the rock solid stability is a thing to be cheered for loudly. The interface surely does need some love, but there are far more critical issues to deal with and it's just typical Bethesda indifference at this point. Remind me again why we all love their games so much? :P

And here I thought it was the chance to get eaten by bears on a non-stop basis.Too, this patch does seem to have all the hallmarks of a "let's pick off some of the easy stuff real quick, then work on the hard stuff" patch. Hard to know for sure, but you've gotta figure that the v-sync stuff and whatnot takes some time to work out. Here, three weeks into things, I can live with what look like a bunch of "Oops, forgot that one check in the script" type fixes.More patches are to be hoped for, of course, though two of them in the first month does look ok.

Anyone remembering Bethesda's new live update system they mentioned for fixing bugs in the game data? Whatever happened to that?