Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

I have no idea what you're talking about with any of that.
You most certainly are a sly one.Completed the DB main quest. I was impressed. It actually evoked feelings. Needless to say, I was able to find a release for them. BUAHAHAHAHAHANow I'm back to grinding the thieves guild quests out to build up the Flagon. Fun times. Only not so much. Just hit 100 sneak though. With the toys you get along the way, that puts my sneaking ability at like 150 or so. I can pretty much walk up to someone and kill them so long as it's not broad daylight. Maybe a little OP.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Did I mention that archery without a crosshair is satisfying as hell? Especially when you get a good long-range shot or a OSK sneak attack.

Just finished the DB today myself. Quite a quest line. Bethesda is going to have trouble topping a lot of this in TES VI. Quite a few things in several quest lines seem purposefully over the top.

Pete Hines told us that most PS3 users are not experiencing issues with their games.The numbers, on the other hand, tell a different story. Out of about 26000 people who voted in that poll, 75% are experiencing game-breaking bugs on the PS3.Covering your ass much, Pete? When three out of every four gamers have a broken game on their hands, you have a PR disaster. This poll results article is just one out of a number of articles that have been posted now of bad press Bethesda has received for shipping the PS3 version of Skyrim broken.I hope for their sake the Thanksgiving patch fixes this. If it doesn't, this will be the end of Bethesda's run on the PS3. This is the second game they released on the platform to experience these issues in a row.EDIT: Stay away from the BGSF PS3 tech support forums. It's anarchy in there right now.

Arthmoor, you got some responses about your smithing question, but it seems our members can't decide what to call you. I've seen Arthy and Arth so far... :tongue:

Yeah, the conclusion we reach I guess is that I'm not playing with the console mindset of grind-grind-grind your skills for no useful purpose.

I'd say that's more of an MMO mindset. Grinding professions in WoW is pretty similar. You spend time and materials to skill up to make a few pieces that are actually useful, and they're only useful for a time. But, you can sell stuff on WoW, so it's a little easier to justify it if you're of that mindset.After having done 10s of profession grinds in WoW, only the alchemy in Beth still makes me angry. Blacksmithing and Enchanting are both fairly quick in comparison. Just think, in WoW, you have to skill up cooking...

So yeah. Definitely need to move my house out of Whiterun after that battle in the city. The Jarl is uber-pissed at me and the wife doesn't feel safe there anymore :P

Amusing, since after I won the battle, everyone loves me. :PSo, you thieves' guild types. Was the Goldenglow mission as FUBAR for you as it was for me? Guy with the key never ever went to bed, I had thugs and mercenaries teleport themselves to me and start fighting each other, and I think there were a couple more things I've forgotten.Also really underwhelmed by burglary thus far. Blazing lights everywhere, nobody's in bed at 2am, and there's nothing to bloody steal from anyone, so it's pointless. Does this get any better?

Yes, Goldenglow Estate was a bit messed up. Even after being told about the secret entry. You don't need the guy with the key btw. The safe is pickable, which I did, but then I went upstairs to loot stuff and he was cowering in a corner. I talked to him. No option to say I'd already broken in (remind me to file a bug) so I told him I was going to open it myself and he attacked me. Killed him dead. Nobody seems to care despite my having gotten the distinct feeling he wasn't supposed to be killed.Yes, the random thief missions are worthwhile. The main faction quest does indeed get way better as you go. I'd say story wise it's better than the DB quest this time.

Funny, since he was just sitting in a chair hanging out when I went up there. Decided I wanted the lockpicking practice anyway, but.Ended up killing a guard who was sitting there guarding the basement. Nobody cares about that, apparently, despite initial words to the contrary.I like the random thievery missions, I'm just sad that there's basically nothing to steal thus far besides whatever I was sent there for. Totally unlike Oblivion. Am also enjoying the tiny bit of story I've gotten so far (just starting the second mission).Which is, of course, why I decided to walk up to Windhelm at random.

I saw that vid before, and I don't like that water at all. It doesn't fit Skyrim, given all the roiling rapids and waterfalls, how would the streams be that calm?

Living near a fairly large river, I can tell you that that's pretty accurate to reality. The only time you'll see surface distrubances, even on a fast flowing river, is when there are rocks and such to disrupt it. Otherwise, it'll be fairly smooth as 90% of the current is actually at the bottom. :)

What he said wrt to rivers, though the smoothness is a bit off when it comes to the ocean and large lakes, which would see more chop than that from wind if nothing else, which the Bethesda water models a bit better. Kind of take your pick, really.

Woudln't know. I haven't even done that many bandit quests in each city's inn. They never seem to have more tasks for me once the first ones are done, so I stopped checking.Now, is it just me, or is the Civil War part of the game moving way too quickly? It seems like I've barely done much of anything and we're about to take over the whole of Skyrim.

Wait. So there's supposed to be armor stands in this game?!? Does the Whiterun house not get one?

No, but there are two in the Solitude one.Civil War seemed mostly ok, if a whole lot of "kill some dudes in a fort" missions. Which I would really, really like a "No seriously guys, I've got this" option for.Thing with the various steward/innkeeper quests is that once you do the first one, you have to stop talking to them, then check back in. I think it's instantaneous, but you may have to wait a little while.

I wish there were some kind of third option for the civil war quest line, since I don't care for either one of the two sides.

I'm sure someone will make the "I don't care about the war" mod :P I just hope when they do that they don't just drop the plotline. It should proceed on its own with fort battles and Hold liberations.

Okay, I give up on trying to fix this fucking day-time sync bug on my end. No matter what I try, it continues to occur. Now I'm pretty much stuck watching over my clock every second before midnight to figure out when my day changes and re-syncing my clock manually.It is all on Bethesda to fix this now.