Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

40 minutes ago, Malonn said:

Why wxPython?  Innocent curiosity.  Because someone chose it once upon a time, and now it would require too much refactoring to switch to a different framework?

Pretty much. Wrye originally chose wxPython even as far back as Wrye Mash, and switching to something else would be a lot of work. There is an open issue related to de-hardcoding the use of wx in WB, but it's still ongoing. If someone hypothetically wanted to switch to a different gui lib, it would be best to wait for (or help close) that issue.

I've also been told that TKinter is ugly in comparison.

38 minutes ago, XJDHDR said:

Pretty much. Wrye originally chose wxPython even as far back as Wrye Mash, and switching to something else would be a lot of work. There is an open issue related to de-hardcoding the use of wx in WB, but it's still ongoing. If someone hypothetically wanted to switch to a different gui lib, it would be best to wait for (or help close) that issue.

I've also been told that TKinter is ugly in comparison.

Gotcha, gotcha.  I would not recommend switching to tkinter.  It's not comprehensive enough.  Now, Qt (the PyQt6 or PySide wrappers) has all you could want in a GUI framework.  Very modern.  wxPython doesn't look bad, and I am not aware of any draw backs in comparison to Qt, but I thought I read it just doesn't have as much to offer.  But, in the end, someone has to tackle the keyboard.