Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Happy new 2023 everyone.

I have a problem with how mods from "Mods" tab are unselected. I very often have the following problem:

1. Search a mod with a space in the name
2. type (f.e.) Lux Space Via
3. A window is opened to show that 53 mods have been deselected (extreme case)

Questions
Is there a way to use something else instead of space key (or disable space) for unselecting a mod?
The behaviour is not consistent with "Installer" tab. Here I can select mod packages with space key.

Finally when unselecting multiple mods it would be helpful to be able to abort the unselect operation.

Thank you.

@ssuamier, typing to navigate to plugins isn't a Wrye Bash feature, it's a Windows feature. The space bar as a shortcut to activate/deactivate selected plugins, however, is a Wrye Bash feature, so it should probably take priority. I imagine it isn't used as a shortcut to install selected mods as there are multiple install options, & installing is more involved than activating/deactivating a plugin. A better solution would probably be to add a search bar (which there's already an issue for).

Edited by sibir

Dear modders, scripters, programmers!

Thank you for your great work! You all enhance the fun of thousands of players around the world through your work!

I had an idea, which would be a great addition to the Bashed Patch Tweak Options. Could you please make it possible to set the attack speed of all staves to a chooseable number, like you already did with staffweights? I believe this would be easy to implement since staffweights can already be changed via Bashed Patch Tweaks.

Thank you for your efforts and time!

@Player23 I've implemented the requested tweaks, but a regression in an ongoing refactoring is causing them to not work right now. They'll be available in the next nightly build, I'll post another message here once it's up.

5 hours ago, Infernio said:

@Player23 I've implemented the requested tweaks, but a regression in an ongoing refactoring is causing them to not work right now. They'll be available in the next nightly build, I'll post another message here once it's up.

Thank you very much! I didn't expect such a fast action! I forgot to mention, that I wish this feature for Oblivion, but same would be nice for Skyrim too ofc. What a great program and community-work!

@Player23 The new nightly build (311.202301110833) has the tweaks. There are two (Attack Speed: Staves (Maximum) and Attack Speed: Staves (Minimum)), though you probably only need the maximum one. They're available for Oblivion and Skyrim.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I have a question.

My Skyrim game is in another language, not English. I have many mods installed, and some of them couldn't be found in the game language, so instead an English version was installed.

As a result, there are many mods overwriting the Skyrim.esm, and what bugs me most are the location names. How do I configure the bashed patch that it keeps only the original location names from Skyrim.esm?

Thank you in advance! 

You can't, because the BP is designed in such a way that if data from a mod differs from the base game master, it will be imported. Since the data is different here (the mods in question having been designed for an English version of Skyrim), the BP thinks the mods are changing it on purpose.

What you could do is remove the Names tags from all plugins that are in English and add it to all plugins that aren't in English. That would at least make the BP prioritize names from properly localized plugins over the English names when there is a conflict, but that doesn't help if there is no conflict of course (i.e. you've just got one record from a non-localized plugin overriding a base game record). The only way to fix that would be to manually create patches in xEdit (there might be some xEdit scripts to help automate this, not sure).

I see, thank you for your reply!

I think I'll just patch it. The names are in the esp files, right? Not the txt files

I'm not sure what the txt files do. I think they're linked to MCM in some way

• 3 weeks later...

After getting back into Skyrim after close to a year I upgraded what mods I had and Wrye Bash to the 310 (installer) version. But when I rebuilt the Bashed Patch it gives me an error after finishing that says "File not found". But when I check it's there in my load order, there in the folder, and it has a data size to it. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling & reinstalling but it keeps giving me that error after rebuilding through the program.

Does anyone know why it's doing this? I've only touched it to rebuild the Bashed patch after a near a year of not even opening the program.

@Crimson13, it's not the Bashed Patch it's complaining about being missing, it's the post-build HTML summary. This only happens when you run WB through MO2, so it's an MO2 issue. However, the file is actually still created, & you can view it separately.

I'm using WB 311 with GOG version of Skyrim AE. WB can't build a bashed patch and it seems that the error happens near the end of the process (it takes about 12 minutes before it stops). The error message displays the same text as in the end of the bugdump.log but WB does not crash however. I'm using Vortex and Loot to enable and sort the mods. I have used WB before with Steam SSE and AE and had no such problems. I can't even figure out if the problem is caused by a specific plugin, the GOG version, WB or something else.

Edit: WB managed to create a patch with only levellists bashed, I'll try to import one additional thing at a time and see where it stops working.

Edit 2: WB managed to import everything except relations - it's this part that causes the problem I described. I'm ok with that so I'm calling off the alarm ;)

BashBugDump.log

Edited by fvt2021

I hope someone can help me. I have modded my Skyrim SE AE following the latest STEP guide and have added a few other mods I like. I created a Bashed patch using Wrye Bash 3.10 (I use Open World loot mod and it highly suggests to make a bashed patch). I then made a patch using Synthesis. Now whenever I start a new game, as the character creation screen loads I get a loud sound (sounds like a shout with no spoken words or some magical enchantment effect). This exact same sound applies everytime I exit/enter a door and even when I fast travel (seems something attached to cell transition or similar). For example: When I enter Whiterun from the outside or exit Breezehome I always get this sound and visiting the market square in Whiterun all objects (meat, vegetables etc.) are laying on the floor everywhere.....

If I disable the Bashed patch this problem is no longer present. I have tried disabbling a few other mods and keeping the Bashed patch active but without success. I have also tried moving my bashed patch up/down in the load order but again no success. When I built everything related to Dyndolod (xLodGen, Acmos, TexGen, Dyndolod) the bashed patch was active in my load order, I don't know if this is important or not. I don't use ENB. Any help/suggestions? Thank you very much

@spyromab, rebuild your Bashed Patch & uncheck patchers until the issue goes away to isolate it (I'd start with the Import Sounds patcher since it seems relevant). Then uncheck mods within the patcher you've narrowed it down to to isolate it to a mod.

Thank you very much sibir. I followed your suggestion and found the problem was with the Spell effects patcher. The mod causing the issue was Morningstar and I did not load it in my bashed patch.

I truly appreciate your assistance

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, SaintNightshade said:

@sibir

I checked the Mopy folder and the BashBugDump.log isn’t there, does Wrye Bash have to have a successful start in order to generate it? Because Wrye Bash won’t open at all.

I also tried the WIP build but I got the same error as before but this time it’s not a python39.dll it’s a python310.dll.

This is the new error:

Fatal error detected

Error loading Python DLL

“C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI269442\python310.dll”.

LoadLibrary: The specified module could not be found.

OK so I have the same issue as this person. And get the same results as they do when trying the nightly ... just now on 03.14.23 The difference is: I do have a dump log and will post that here.

Spoiler

localize.py  102 setup_locale: cli_lang='' - cli_target='' - falling back to (en_US, cp1252) from getdefaultlocale
localize.py  106 setup_locale: wx gave back en_US
localize.py  153 setup_locale: Set wxPython locale to 'en_US'
loot_parser.py   48 <module>: Using LibYAML-based parser
doc_viewer.py   54 <module>: pdfviewer using PyMuPDF (GPL)
bash.py  274 dump_environment: Using Wrye Bash Version 310 (Standalone)
    OS info: Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0, running on Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel
    Python version: 3.9.13 (tags/v3.9.13:6de2ca5, May 17 2022, 16:36:42) [MSC v.1929 64 bit (AMD64)]
    Dependency versions:
     - chardet: 5.0.0
     - lxml: 4.9.1
     - PyMuPDF: 1.20.0; bundled MuPDF version: 1.20.1
     - python-lz4: 4.0.1; bundled LZ4 version: 1.9.3
     - PyYAML: 6.0
     - wxPython: 4.1.1 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.1.5
    Input encoding: None; output encoding: utf-8
    Filesystem encoding: utf-8
    Command line: ['I:\\Games\\Bethesda Softworks\\.Oblivion\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe']
bash.py  515 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py  144 _supportedGames: The following games are supported by this version of Wrye Bash:
  Enderal, Enderal Special Edition, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 (WS), Fallout
  4, Fallout 4 (WS), Fallout 4 VR, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout New Vegas
  (WS), Morrowind, Morrowind (WS), Nehrim, Oblivion, Oblivion (WS),
  Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim Special Edition (WS), Skyrim VR
Wrye Bash looked for games in the following places:
 1. Windows Registry:
  The following installed games were found via the registry:
   - Enderal: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Enderal
   - Fallout 3: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3
   - Fallout New Vegas: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas
   - Morrowind: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind
   - Oblivion: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion
   - Skyrim: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim
   - Skyrim Special Edition: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
  Make sure to run the launcher of each game you installed through Steam
  once, otherwise Wrye Bash will not be able to find it.
 2. Windows Store:
  No installed games with modding enabled were found via the Windows Store.
  Make sure to enable mods for each Windows Store game you have
  installed, otherwise Wrye Bash will not be able to find it.
bush.py  205 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  211 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion
bush.py  227 __setGame: Using Oblivion game: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion
initialization.py  165 init_dirs: My Games location set to C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Oblivion
initialization.py  178 init_dirs: LocalAppData location set to C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Oblivion
initialization.py  226 init_dirs: Game Mods location set to H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods
initialization.py  231 init_dirs: Bash Mod Data location set to H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  235 init_dirs: Installers location set to H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers
initialization.py  237 init_dirs: Installers bash data location set to H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash
initialization.py  245 init_dirs: Checking if WB directories exist and creating them if needed:
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters\--Duplicates
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters\--Corrupt
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash
initialization.py  249 init_dirs:  - H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash\BSA Cache
loot_parser.py   83 __init__: Using these LOOT paths:
loot_parser.py   84 __init__:  Masterlist: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Oblivion\masterlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   85 __init__:  Userlist: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Oblivion\userlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   86 __init__:  Taglist (fallback): I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion\Mopy\taglists\Oblivion\taglist.yaml
loot_parser.py   93 __init__: Initialized loot_parser, compatible with libloot v0.18.x
__init__.py 3768 initBosh: Looking for main game INI at C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini
windows.py 1001 testUAC: Testing if game folder is UAC-protected
__init__.py 1603 _initDB: Initializing BSAInfos
__init__.py 1604 _initDB:  store_dir: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion\Data
__init__.py 1605 _initDB:  bash_dir: H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\BSA Data
__init__.py 1603 _initDB: Initializing ModInfos
__init__.py 1604 _initDB:  store_dir: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion\Data
__init__.py 1605 _initDB:  bash_dir: H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data
_games_lo.py  658 print_lo_paths: Using the following load order files:
_games_lo.py  665 print_lo_paths:  - Active plugins: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Oblivion\plugins.txt
__init__.py 1603 _initDB: Initializing SaveInfos
__init__.py 1604 _initDB:  store_dir: C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves
__init__.py 1605 _initDB:  bash_dir: C:\Users\*****\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Bash
__init__.py 1603 _initDB: Initializing INIInfos
__init__.py 1604 _initDB:  store_dir: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion\Data\INI Tweaks
__init__.py 1605 _initDB:  bash_dir: H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data
__init__.py 3701 __init__: Constructing panel 'Installers'
__init__.py 3711 __init__: Panel 'Installers' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3701 __init__: Constructing panel 'Mods'
__init__.py 3711 __init__: Panel 'Mods' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3701 __init__: Constructing panel 'Saves'
__init__.py 3711 __init__: Panel 'Saves' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3701 __init__: Constructing panel 'INI Edits'
__init__.py 3711 __init__: Panel 'INI Edits' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3701 __init__: Constructing panel 'Screenshots'
__init__.py 1603 _initDB: Initializing ScreenInfos
__init__.py 1604 _initDB:  store_dir: I:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\.Oblivion
__init__.py 1605 _initDB:  bash_dir: H:\Mod Database\.Installed\Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data\Screenshot Data
__init__.py 3711 __init__: Panel 'Screenshots' constructed successfully

This error occurs when trying to start WB for the first time.

Also ... I noticed that while that fatal error message is still an active window ... the folder and file that it says are missing/unavailable are actually present ... where it says it can't be found and seems to be deleted as soon as the error window is closed. Weird. This error seems to be related to unzipping of files into a temp folder ... why that is necessary IDK. For certain I have installed and integrated 7zip. I've also tested taking ownership of all relevant folders and removing UAC requirements, stopping active virus and tamper and folder protection BS in windows (while computer is aired).

The one thing that stands out to me is:

line 18    Command line: ['I:\\Games\\Bethesda Softworks\\.Oblivion\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe'].

The actual install doesn't have a leading period. There is a folder with that leading period and that is the carryover from a previous install .... from a system that just died and I never tried to activate WB in that old directory. I don't know why the OS died ... the HD that had the OS apparently kicked the bucket and the game was on another drive. My method had been to first re-install oblivion onto the new operating system (the latest windows 10), and that folder was just the rename of the prior install ... that couldn't be uninstalled because the OS wouldn't even boot into safe mode. I don't think this is the issue though and the fatal error doesn't seem to be addressed in the log file.

Now note that on my previous OS install of just 3 days ago ... not only did Wrye Bash stand alone work - this version worked with the same OS version ... just by unzipping into the install folder. And worked for every game - tested and verified. Now it is the same error across the board. And for certain will go as far as deleting and nuking everything ... but am also willing to do whatever testing and step by step detailed instructions to get this working.

My goal had been ... get a working modded install of all these titles from morrowind up to whatever the last Fallout was. But this has put a stop to all of that .... completely. Dead in the water. I've stripped out wrye bash and tried fresh ... and still the same thing. Everywhere I look online where this error is reported ... there are no answers ... just dead ends.

I think I got all the relevant details here ... I'm old school, but I've been away for some time ... I'm told that I wrote this: https://wrye-code-collection.github.io/wcc-wiki/7-tomeofpsymon.html But don't recall it in that format ... likely a re-posting of posts from a now defunct forum. I recall chatting with Wrye, Arthmoor, and many others over several years before departing. I remember being able to directly ask Wrye about these things ... now I can't even seem to find a post by the guy.

Is there perhaps a system service that has been disabled? IDK ... truly at wits end with this. It was all going so smoothly, Now I'm demoted to daggerfall mod use.

PLEASE SEND HELP

thanks

[Edit] and one more thing ... when updating to nightly ... the log is no longer even generated. It is only generated with the version download from nexus and git ...  310.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 080916.png

Edited by Psymon
clarification and typos

@Psymon, try installing or repairing the required MSVC Redistributable linked to in the readme. IIRC, the installer doesn't do it at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Psymon said:

line 18    Command line: ['I:\\Games\\Bethesda Softworks\\.Oblivion\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe'].

That's where WB is being run from, so check that it's there & move it to your current installation (or reinstall WB). You can also install WB elsewhere & either set Oblivion's path or let WB try to find it in the registry.

Just now, sibir said:

@Psymon, try installing or repairing the required MSVC Redistributable linked to in the readme. IIRC, the installer doesn't do it at the moment.

That's where WB is being run from, so check that it's there & move it to your current installation (or reinstall WB). You can also install WB elsewhere & either set Oblivion's path or let WB try to find it in the registry.

Well that is not where I click the exe ... I click the exe in the new install location ... where I unpacked the Mopy folder into ... as per common sense. Why it then goes to that folder is a mystery, but I'm willing to nuke all that previous install to test, but no getting it back then,

I revised the above several times ... for more details

WAIT ... dum dum alert.

SOLUTION: Install MSVC Redistributable in the first place. Thought I had ... and that solved everything.

Jeez I been gone a decade and thought this would be like riding a bike ... it had been up until OS death. I'm about to forever dump windows if it happens again.

thank you so much dude. I was about to chuck the whole project. You are awesome! Thanks

Still going from crashed OS HD to back up and fully installed in 2 days is impressive ... and an argument for ... having your mod database and installers on one drive, the games on another drive and both separate from the OS.

Edited by Psymon

Ok so after installing the above .... now xOBSE won't load insisting it doesn't see/find what I just installed. Frustrating.

But Wrye Bash worked fine, Just now can't load the game with OBSE.

So restarted system and tried to load wrye bash and get this error:

Spoiler

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 92, in _import_wx
  File "PyInstaller\loader\pyimod02_importers.py", line 352, in exec_module
  File "wx\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "PyInstaller\loader\pyimod02_importers.py", line 352, in exec_module
  File "wx\core.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _core: The specified module could not be found.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw", line 30, in <module>
  File "bash\bash.py", line 338, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 126, in _import_wx
  File "bash\bash.py", line 622, in _tkinter_error_dial
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'tkinter'

Any clues as to what to do next?

Yes this is the nightly you posted above

Edited by Psymon

21 hours ago, sibir said:

@Psymon, are you using the Python version? Unless you're planning on contributing code, I'd recommend either the installer or manual standalone.

I solved it. Yes I had installed Python (Now removed) ... but not yet the WB python. Removed that and then reinstalled MSVC about 4 times before I found out that xOBSE apparently requires both 32x and 64x variants to be installed, tripped me out because SKSE only requires 64x ... so testing and was like that works but not obse. Requirements like these really need some highlighting. Not an issue that is the realm of this utility, but since both OBSE and WB require MSVC then worth noting.

Thanks again. Very helpful and much appreciated.