Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

56 minutes ago, SomeGodzillaFan said:

Is this the right place to ask for help? If so, I am having troubles completely deleting Wrye Bash from my program files. I have deleted Skyrim Special Edition a few months back and I may have forgotten to uninstall Wrye Bash correctly, because it is still in the programs tab in the control panel and it shows up as an installed app in the apps tab on Windows. I have run the program's own uninstaller a couple times, yet it is still there. Does anyone know how to completely get rid of it, if I can?

Screenshot (96).png

Have you tried uninstalling it from the control panel? If Wrye Bash is no longer installed, it should give you the option to remove the shortcut there.

10 minutes ago, SomeGodzillaFan said:

I did and when I went through all of the prompts to uninstall Wrye Bash the app still remained there and it allowed me to go through all of those prompts again. I even went as far as to delete the folder containing the application itself from the Appdata folder, but it still appears as an installed app. I'm wondering if I should either reinstall Skyrim Special Edition and Wrye Bash, just so I could uninstall it properly, but there's always the possibility it will remain on my computer despite my efforts.

I tested the v310 uninstaller & it uninstalled properly. If you've uninstalled every installation it gives you the option to but the uninstaller itself isn't getting uninstalled, the old uninstallers may have had an issue (yours appears to be v308) that has since been fixed. You can try installing the latest version & running that uninstaller. If that still doesn't work, the uninstaller is separate from Wrye Bash installations & was located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wrye Bash\ for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran into below issue on Wyre Bash for Oblivion (Installer-22368-310-beta1-1653063411) on Win 10 Pro build 19043. Uninstall/reinstall failed to clear.

https://afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games
or to the Wrye Bash Discord at
https://discord.gg/NwWvAFR

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 298, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 465, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4297, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3918, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3679, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3668, in _tabOrder
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

4 minutes ago, evil.storyteller said:

Ran into below issue on Wyre Bash for Oblivion (Installer-22368-310-beta1-1653063411) on Win 10 Pro build 19043. Uninstall/reinstall failed to clear.

File "bash\bash.py", line 298, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 465, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4297, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3918, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3679, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3668, in _tabOrder
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

Try the WIP build linked in this post. If you keep getting it, please upload a bug dump while reproducing the error.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sibir said:

Try the WIP build linked in this post. If you keep getting it, please upload a bug dump while reproducing the error.

Thanks! I hadn't tried that due to the 307 reference in the post, but opening the link I see that it is 310.202207101026. That loads with no errors.

(This morning I also tried 309.1, which also loads with no errors)

8 hours ago, evil.storyteller said:

Thanks! I hadn't tried that due to the 307 reference in the post, but opening the link I see that it is 310.202207101026. That loads with no errors.

(This morning I also tried 309.1, which also loads with no errors)

You're welcome! It could be a bug that was introduced in the 310 beta & was fixed at some point in the latest code.

• 2 weeks later...

On the latest version every time i build a new bashed patch, the patch requires Advanced Adversary Encounters Ultimate as a master. I don't even have AAE installed on MO2 and none of my other active mods need it. Not sure if this has been encountered before or how to fix it.

1 hour ago, BiggerGreen said:

On the latest version every time i build a new bashed patch, the patch requires Advanced Adversary Encounters Ultimate as a master. I don't even have AAE installed on MO2 and none of my other active mods need it. Not sure if this has been encountered before or how to fix it.

Check your load order to see if some other mod is still providing it or any patches requiring it. Wrye Bash can still draw from inactive plugins too, so you need to completely uninstall them.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, sibir said:

Check your load order to see if some other mod is still providing it or any patches requiring it. Wrye Bash can still draw from inactive plugins too, so you need to completely uninstall them.

I removed an immersive weapons patch that had AAE as a master. Thanks

Edited by BiggerGreen
Fixed reply

6 minutes ago, BiggerGreen said:

I removed an immersive weapons patch that had AAE as a master but it still crashes.

Wrye Bash is crashing now? Are you using the WIP build linked here? If so (or after installing it & the crashes continue), can you please post the bug dump in WB's install folder?

I*m currently using the stable 309.1 Wrye Bash.

I don't know if this was fixed, but I'm ready to try out an unstable version:

There are some fomod which have a large amount of files that are splitted not only into folders but also multiple subfolders.

Example: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53653?tab=bugs

This mod has no install option. And the number of files in the mod is just too high to make a flat hierarchy out of it (I reported it, but I guess it will not happen).

A different mod author only refers to a other mod manager that support these fomods (both vortex, mo2).

Can these mods meanwhile installed or is there any other option? (besides switching mod manager). Thank you.

1 hour ago, ssuamier said:

I*m currently using the stable 309.1 Wrye Bash.

I don't know if this was fixed, but I'm ready to try out an unstable version:

There are some fomod which have a large amount of files that are splitted not only into folders but also multiple subfolders.

Example: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53653?tab=bugs

This mod has no install option. And the number of files in the mod is just too high to make a flat hierarchy out of it (I reported it, but I guess it will not happen).

A different mod author only refers to a other mod manager that support these fomods (both vortex, mo2).

Can these mods meanwhile installed or is there any other option? (besides switching mod manager). Thank you.

The latest version of Wrye Bash is v310, so please try that first. However, the mod may just need to be repackaged to be BAIN-compatible.

@ssuamier That is the only remaining limitation of FOMOD support in WB: BAIN must need to recognize at least *something* in the package for it to be installable - but it will take a lot of refactoring work to get BAIN to that point wrt. FOMODs. Until that happens, there is a workaround: you can "trick" BAIN into thinking there's something installable in there.

To do that:
 1. Unpack the package (Archive.. > Unpack to Project)
 2. Create a dummy ESP (on the Mods tab, Files.. > New Plugin..., call it e.g. "dummy.esp")
 3. Create a dummy subpackage in the unpacked archive (on the same level as the "fomod" folder, again call it e.g. "dummy")
 4. Put the dummy ESP into the new dummy subpackage
 5. BAIN should now recognize the project. Repack it into an archive (Project.. > Pack to Archive). Done

The final layout should look like this (contents of the other folders elided due to length):

Fixed Mesh Lighting
|- dummy
|  |- dummy.esp 
|- FML - Core                    
|- FML - Creatures - Mods

BAIN can now recognize it. And since the FOMOD installer doesn't mention the dummy subpackage, it will get skipped entirely once you run the FOMOD installer.

13 hours ago, Infernio said:

@ssuamier That is the only remaining limitation of FOMOD support in WB: BAIN must need to recognize at least *something* in the package for it to be installable - but it will take a lot of refactoring work to get BAIN to that point wrt. FOMODs. Until that happens, there is a workaround: you can "trick" BAIN into thinking there's something installable in there.
BAIN can now recognize it. And since the FOMOD installer doesn't mention the dummy subpackage, it will get skipped entirely once you run the FOMOD installer.

Yes, this old trick still works, I had totally forgotten it (and did not know it can be applied on these kind of fomods as well.

@sibir Thank you, on the 24 I missed a few updates.. oops

Thank you.

Wrye Bash is crashing now? Are you using the WIP build linked here? If so (or after installing it & the crashes continue), can you please post the bug dump in WB's install folder?

I messed up and copied the wrong sentence i had meant for a reddit post i made. My bad. I meant that my game still crashes. Every time in the Mind of Madness quest when the dragon priest spawns and i'm not sure why. It's only when my bashed patch is active. There's no conflict in the patch itself. I am also not 100% what the stuff in crash logger means or if i am looking at the right log.

5 hours ago, ssuamier said:

@sibir Thank you, on the 24 I missed a few updates.. oops

Thank you.

You're welcome!

1 minute ago, BiggerGreen said:

I messed up and copied the wrong sentence i had meant for a reddit post i made. My bad. I meant that my game still crashes. Every time in the Mind of Madness quest when the dragon priest spawns and i'm not sure why. It's only when my bashed patch is active. There's no conflict in the patch itself. I am also not 100% what the stuff in crash logger means or if i am looking at the right log.

In the Bashed Patch building dialog, disable patchers in batches & rebuild until the crashes stop. Once you've narrowed it down to as few patchers as possible, do the same with the options listed within the patcher to narrow it down further. Then the issue can be investigated.

17 hours ago, sibir said:

You're welcome!

In the Bashed Patch building dialog, disable patchers in batches & rebuild until the crashes stop. Once you've narrowed it down to as few patchers as possible, do the same with the options listed within the patcher to narrow it down further. Then the issue can be investigated.

Good news: I removed Mysticism and it's related patches and that fixed my crashes. I assume it was a conflict with Odin. I tried and failed to get away with using both.

Bad news: The bashed patch sometimes causes my saves to be corrupt.

EDIT: The first time after resorting and rebuilding the patch, all my saves were corrupt. Turned off the bashed patch to make sure it was that, it was. Then every subsequent time with the bashed patch active my saves were fine. Should i worry about my saves becoming corrupted after a few dozen hours in a character?

Edited by BiggerGreen
Tried a couple more times

10 hours ago, BiggerGreen said:

Good news: I removed Mysticism and it's related patches and that fixed my crashes. I assume it was a conflict with Odin. I tried and failed to get away with using both.

Bad news: The bashed patch sometimes causes my saves to be corrupt.

EDIT: The first time after resorting and rebuilding the patch, all my saves were corrupt. Turned off the bashed patch to make sure it was that, it was. Then every subsequent time with the bashed patch active my saves were fine. Should i worry about my saves becoming corrupted after a few dozen hours in a character?

If your Bashed Patch is causing save corruption that can be reproduced, then follow the same steps I laid out to find out what patcher & what option is causing it.

6 hours ago, sibir said:

If your Bashed Patch is causing save corruption that can be reproduced, then follow the same steps I laid out to find out what patcher & what option is causing it.

Ok. Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I ran into a error well trying to run wrye bash for the first time and was hoping someone can help.

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at

File "bash\bash.py", line 317, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 387, in _main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 503, in _detect_game
  File "bash\initialization.py", line 197, in init_dirs
  File "configparser.py", line 697, in read
  File "configparser.py", line 1096, in _read
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from bolt.Path('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout New Vegas\\Fallout.ini') [line 59]: option 'stestfile1' in section 'General' already exists

22 minutes ago, Killerquan13 said:

Hi. I ran into a error well trying to run wrye bash for the first time and was hoping someone can help.

Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at

File "bash\bash.py", line 317, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 387, in _main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 503, in _detect_game
  File "bash\initialization.py", line 197, in init_dirs
  File "configparser.py", line 697, in read
  File "configparser.py", line 1096, in _read
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from bolt.Path('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout New Vegas\\Fallout.ini') [line 59]: option 'stestfile1' in section 'General' already exists

Open your Fallout.ini & remove any extra lines starting with stestfile1. There shouldn't be more than one.

12 minutes ago, sibir said:

Open your Fallout.ini & remove any extra lines starting with stestfile1. There shouldn't be more than one.

This worked! Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I don't know why, but when i have bashed patch plugin enabled every turret has no ammo and is not shooting. I tried adding bForceNPCsUseAmmo=0 to my fallout4.ini but it doesn't help. Anyone else had this issue and somehow fixed it?

6 hours ago, kupa11 said:

Hello. I don't know why, but when i have bashed patch plugin enabled every turret has no ammo and is not shooting. I tried adding bForceNPCsUseAmmo=0 to my fallout4.ini but it doesn't help. Anyone else had this issue and somehow fixed it?

All the Bashed Patch does in FO4 at the moment is merge leveled lists, try looking at it in xEdit to see what leveled list it's merging that could be causing this & from what mods.