Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 268, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 340, in _main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 471, in _detect_game
  File "bash\initialization.pyo", line 156, in init_dirs
  File "bash\initialization.pyo", line 55, in getPersonalPath
  File "bash\env\windows.pyo", line 828, in get_personal_path
  File "bash\env\windows.pyo", line 543, in _get_known_path
RuntimeError: Failed to retrieve known folder path 'UUID('fdd39ad0-238f-46af-adb4-6c85480369c7')' - this is most likely caused by OneDrive, see General Readme

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Wrye Flash 31.9 Standalone and heavily modded Fallout 3 with the help of Mod Organizer 2, some time ago when building bash patch something like this happened:

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 5953, in Execute
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 20400, in initData
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 22655, in initData
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 22655, in <genexpr>
AttributeError: 'MreTree' object has no attribute 'smallIconPath'

Game was 90% finished and I really, really want to just finish this so I can let go, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

19 hours ago, Yerltvachovicic said:

I'm using Wrye Flash 31.9 Standalone and heavily modded Fallout 3 with the help of Mod Organizer 2, some time ago when building bash patch something like this happened:

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 5953, in Execute
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 20400, in initData
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 22655, in initData
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 22655, in <genexpr>
AttributeError: 'MreTree' object has no attribute 'smallIconPath'

Game was 90% finished and I really, really want to just finish this so I can let go, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

This is the forum for the main fork of Wrye Bash, not valda's Fallout forks. However, their forks have been superseded by this one, so I'd recommend migrating to it (you can find it here or here). It's actively being developed, so, even if your issue hasn't been fixed yet, the devs can take a look at it when they have a chance.

• Like 1

Hi- hope 2022 is treating everybody well!

I made an override patch with SSEEdit to revert the weight of a Septim from Immersive Jewelry's 0.01 back to weightless, 0.00. For reasons unknown to me, SSEEdit failed to prompt me for permission to add Immersive Jewelry as a Master to my override patch, which it should have done. No worries, I added it manually and chugged ahead. After activating it, everything looked fine- the yellow font means "ITM but conflict winner" which is entirely accurate in this case:

1778074961_IJSeptimWeightOverride_xEdit_1.thumb.png.32c6c5b51831191611ddf9d3544961b1.png

I tested this in-game and it works just fine despite the fact that Vortex did not recognize the conflict between my override and IJ's perverse weight-adding record.

So I rebuilt my Bashed Patch and confirmed that it had recognized that my override loaded after the IJ plugin and therefore overrides it:

But when I went in-game, suddenly my gold had weight again! WTAF??? I examined my entire load order with SSEEdit and found that WB had nullified my override, and I can find no way to tell it to stop doing that:

1618999424_IJSeptimWeightOverride_xEdit_2.thumb.png.ea409b18fe5a326cd670273bd6a404d3.png

Please, can someone tell me how to handle this mess and make WB stop overriding my override? :D

4 hours ago, Infernio said:

@Vyxenne Add the Stats tag to your override plugin. You can do that by putting {{BASH:Stats}} in your plugin's description.

Thank you. I did that and it caused WB > Rebuild Patch to completely ignore my override patch, which left my patch as the conflict* winner. But I would appreciate any info on the following remaining questions:

1. *Neither SSEEdit nor Vortex detected any conflict between my new override patch and the other 2 plugins (Skyrim.esm and Immersive Jewelry.esp) that also contain the same record (MISC 0000000f, "Gold001"). How is it possible for me to copy a record from one plugin "as override into" a new plugin without it creating an immediate conflict with BOTH of those two plugins?
  2. What is the meaning of "Stat" as a Bash tag? If it means "ignore me" (which was the result of adding it) it seems that the tag should've been named "ignor" or something more indicative of its function. Since that didn't happen, I know it must mean something more than just "ignore me."

Thanks in advance for sharing the answers!

@Vyxenne

1. I cannot speak for the xEdit/Vortex teams, you'd have to ask them for further information.
  2. That's a bash tag. They tell the Bashed Patch which information to import from a plugin. They are documented in the advanced readme. The Stats tag, for example, is documented like this:

Modifies the stats (e.g. weight, value, etc.) of items and other objects.

See the Skyrim, Enderal: Forgotten Stories & Skyrim: Special Edition Stats section for more information.

Following that link, you get a full list of the record types and subrecords covered by the tag, which includes

(MISC) Misc. Item:

• DATA
      • Weight
      • Value

And DATA\Weight is exactly what you want your patch to change, so you give it the Stats tag to inform the Bashed Patch that you'd like it to import that data from your patch.

I have a mod for Fallout 4 that i can run fine, but when i run Wrye Bash, the resultant patch causes the game to crash at the main menu.  Disabling the mod, running Wrye and then reenabling the mod works, but the Bash Tag "Deactivate" doesn't seem to be working and i recall there used to be a "No Merge" tag but that seems to have been removed.

Huh, somehow the conversation that was in here yesterday has disappeared... Nevermind, it has reappeared.

Anyway, @Tourist without knowing what plugin is causing that, we can't help. Also, Deactivate and NoMerge have nothing to do with that - NoMerge tells the BP not to merge a plugin, which is irrelevant in FO4 due to ESLs, and Deactivate is simply a hint to the user that a plugin should not be activated (WB will show it in red and highlight it in the Plugin Checker if it's active anyways).

1 hour ago, Infernio said:

Huh, somehow the conversation that was in here yesterday has disappeared...

Anyway, @Tourist without knowing what plugin is causing that, we can't help. Also, Deactivate and NoMerge have nothing to do with that - NoMerge tells the BP not to merge a plugin, which is irrelevant in FO4 due to ESLs, and Deactivate is simply a hint to the user that a plugin should not be activated (WB will show it in red and highlight it in the Plugin Checker if it's active anyways).

Oh, i thought it was meant to tell Wrye to deacivate the plugin before compiling the patch.  doh. :P

Anywho, the mod in question is: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44724 Redistribute Weapon Lists - Pipe guns removed

On 1/8/2022 at 7:44 AM, Infernio said:

@Vyxenne

1. I cannot speak for the xEdit/Vortex teams, you'd have to ask them for further information.
  2. That's a bash tag. They tell the Bashed Patch which information to import from a plugin. They are documented in the advanced readme. The Stats tag, for example, is documented like this:

Following that link, you get a full list of the record types and subrecords covered by the tag, which includes

And DATA\Weight is exactly what you want your patch to change, so you give it the Stats tag to inform the Bashed Patch that you'd like it to import that data from your patch.

Thanks-

2. After I posted my question about the Stats tag, I had another look at the WB documentation, which I had previously skipped because it says right up front that it is out of date, making it seem pointless to read, so I hadn't read it until this week. I eventually found the link to the Advanced readme, and educated myself on the Stats tag as it pertains to SSE. I came back here to edit my question, but had issues accessing the conversation to edit it, and so I had no way to let you know that I had found the answer on my own.

1. The issue I asked about (neither Vortex nor SSEEdit detecting the "obvious conflict" I intended to create via my patch) is neither a Vortex nor an xEdit issue- I clearly did something wrong when I attempted to override/undo/revert/nullify the existing Immersive Jewelry override of the vanilla form MISC 0000000f Gold001, such that the conflict I expected was not, in fact created, not that Vortex or xEdit was at fault in any way.

I now suspect that my error was copying down the 0000000f record "as override into" my new patch plugin from the IJ plugin instead of from the Skyrim.esm plugin where the Form originates. My thought process was "I want to override the IJ override, so I need to copy that override record into my new override patch." I now believe that, while my uninformed reasoning was sound and logical, it was not the right way to override an existing override in Beth games. I'll test this later when I get through catching up my forums.

Thanks again for your on-point response.

I'm currently using 310.202112311523.  I have a feature request/enhancement.

Reflect the true Mod Index for ESL and ESPFE mods in the "Saves" tab when viewing savegames. The MI field is currently reflecting the LO value instead of the MI value.  ESL's and ESPFE's should always have a MI somewhere in the FE range.

This would make it easier to keep the FE mods in line with the savegame memory positions when adding new standard plugins that move the 05-FD MI range around.

Thank you!

@4nk8r Wrye Bash distinguishes between load order indices (where there is no special ESL behavior) and in-game indices (where ESLs have the special FE behavior). On the Mods tab both are visible, but you are right that the masters view on the Saves tab should offer a second column that shows the 'true' in-game indices. I opened an issue for it: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/624

Just now, Infernio said:

@4nk8r Wrye Bash distinguishes between load order indices (where there is no special ESL behavior) and in-game indices (where ESLs have the special FE behavior). On the Mods tab both are visible, but you are right that the masters view on the Saves tab should offer a second column that shows the 'true' in-game indices. I opened an issue for it: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/624

Thanks!  I was aware of the distinction in the Mods view, but I frequently use the Saves view to realign my mods after adding new plugins.  I have that disease...Gottaddnewmoditis.  Just can't help myself.

Hey guys, there is a Bash Patch fix (.csv) posted here: Colovian Traders Lock Fix which I think should be included in Wrye Bash, since it is a common bug most users get. Another even more common problem is the Mystic Emporium door always being locked. So I think a similar .csv integration could be done to make sure the owner is in the correct faction.

@4nk8r The new nightly (310.202201242117) has support for the Index column on the Saves tab. You may have to right click the column headers in the Masters list and enable it via 'Columns > Index' first though.

@Tourist Finally got around to looking at this. It's a circular leveled list. You can fix this by updating LOOT, I've added the required tags to the masterlist (if you don't use LOOT, manually add the Delev and Relev tags to Redistribute Weapon Lists.esp).
In the future, you can figure this out for yourself by checking in FO4Edit: simply right click a plugin and click 'Check for Circular Leveled Lists'.

• 2 weeks later...

Brothers, who can help me, after I use Mod Organizer 2 to start wrye bash, after I click on the ghost, all the esp files are overwriting the directory, what should I do? How can I move 366 esp? 

@2$A(4%KAA0RA4`C)N)Y{}5.png

Hi - had to reinstall windows for an unrelated issue and after reinstalling wrye smash my load order was messed up and all the plugins were deactivated. The loadorders.txt file in roaming/skyrim was deleted and I forgot to make a copy of it during the reset, but I had made a back-up of my my games/skyrim folder with the bashloadorder.dat files and copied that over again. Even after that the load order hasn't returned to the original, am I missing something or do is there no other solution?  Thanks!

12 hours ago, zhuabaobao123 said:

Brothers, who can help me, after I use Mod Organizer 2 to start wrye bash, after I click on the ghost, all the esp files are overwriting the directory, what should I do? How can I move 366 esp? 

@2$A(4%KAA0RA4`C)N)Y{}5.png

Since you're using MO2 to manage your mods, you shouldn't use Wrye Bash's ghosting feature. MO2 doesn't seem to recognize that only the names of the ghosted plugins changed & treats them as if they were deleted & a new file with a ".ghost" extension was added, therefore placing it in Overwrite. You'll have to ask on the MO2 forums to see if there's an easy way to undo that.

7 hours ago, fluffernugger said:

Hi - had to reinstall windows for an unrelated issue and after reinstalling wrye smash my load order was messed up and all the plugins were deactivated. The loadorders.txt file in roaming/skyrim was deleted and I forgot to make a copy of it during the reset, but I had made a back-up of my my games/skyrim folder with the bashloadorder.dat files and copied that over again. Even after that the load order hasn't returned to the original, am I missing something or do is there no other solution?  Thanks!

Since you still have your "bashloadorder.dat," you may be able to press Ctrl + Z to restore a previous load order. In the future, always make sure to back up both "plugins.txt" & "loadorder.txt" where applicable.

On 2022/2/7 at AM9点32分, fluffernugger said:

嗨 - 必须重新安装 Windows 以解决一个不相关的问题,重新安装 wrye 粉碎后,我的加载顺序搞砸了,所有插件都被停用。roaming/skyrim 中的 loadorders.txt 文件被删除了,我忘记在重置期间复制它,但我已经用 bashloadorder.dat 文件备份了我的 games/skyrim 文件夹并再次复制了它. 即使在那之后加载顺序还没有恢复到原来的状态,是我遗漏了什么还是没有其他解决方案?谢谢!

ok thanks for your answer