TES V: Skyrim

AndalayBay

Well then that's Havok's silly policy because all someone needs to do is link to their download and say read the docs inside of it.

.nif files are Gamebryo assets though' date=' and the only reason they're subject to this level of craziness is because 99.9% of them contain collision blocks that use Havok. Technically speaking, stripping the collision and then remaking it in Blender can absolve you of this problem. Practically speaking, nobody is going to waste the time doing that.

Besides, since Havok only seems to cry about the documentation and not the end result, one is still left to wonder what the problem is.

And Sunday or not, it surprises me this has remained up for as long as it has when moderators ARE about. The files are very clearly ripped directly from Oblivion, textures are identical even.[/quote']I think Gamebryo has similar crap in their license agreements. I was looking into getting the NIF documentation and it looks like I need to request an evaluation copy of Gamebryo... And then I still won't have what I need...And yes, I am also completely mystified as to why they would have such rules when you can just download the software...Might need to send off another note to Gstaff then if Nexus won't take care of it.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Thomas Kaira

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

They appear to be busy taking care of something else that's a bit more important to the modding world right now :P

They appear to be busy taking care of something else that's a bit more important to the modding world right now :P
? I'm not sure what you're referring to. :tongue:

Good. So it looks like England finally woke up :PNot sure who reported it, but they took all the TESVSnip entries down earlier, which is what I was hinting at.

Oh, interesting! Zaldir said he was going to talk to DarkOne when he saw our posts on DC. I didn't think they would take it that far because now they're evaluating the quality of mods.

Except Snip isn't a mod and taking it down would qualify under the removal of malicious software if the authors are knowingly distributing it in a broken way. Which they are. They can't claim ignorance at this point.

Yes, I guess. There's also a large number of people claiming it works fine... Although how they're getting away with it, I'll never know. I do hope Ionis comes through unscathed though. It'd be a shame to lose Solstheim.

A lot of those people also claim to be using it for some pretty shortsighted and downright dumb reasons relating to the EULA. So I guess it would go hand in hand with having no clue what they're doing :PYeah, hope Ionis isn't hosed, but it doesn't look good. I registered data loss even with the Gildergreen mod, which grew by 2.5K and contains less actual code than before. Which I would guess is about the size of the missing VMAD block.

Zaldir posted that he hid those and was talking to the other moderators about what to do next over at DC.That drama queen jr. just doesn't want to accept that his testing methods are wrong.

Urgh... placing just one building means having to redo half the cell's navmesh. My fingers hurt now.

Mine have bled themselves raw, you'll live after one building :P

Okay, could someone please explain to me why for every NavMesh I finalize, I get unrectifiable "Missing Bounds" errors?

I was getting that after I fused some vanilla navmeshes together and wound up causing 3 of them to get deleted in the process. It was whining incessantly about the deleted ones.

So, I should just ignore those errors, then? It's just the CK bitching because the NavMeshes no longer precisely match what is defined in Skyrim.ESM?

If it's not causing your NPCs any trouble I'd ignore them. I'd only start worrying about it if some ended up deleted.

Yup, the errors were being caused because I had deleted a couple Navmesh nodes. After trying again on the Navmesh only moving nodes around and creating new ones (deleting nothing), the plugin opened error free.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel Papyrus needs an update safeguard that cancels a script's update call if a previous update of the script is not finished running. I wonder why Bethesda left that out, it sounds like a fairly simple sanity check, you know.

So it appears the author of TESVSnip has just had a hissy-fit over the community's reaction to TESVSnip's problems, and has stormed off after announcing he is done working on the tool.

I'm not the one that hid the file. That's all thanks to the Skyrim Nexus staff.So you all should be sure the thank them and users like Arthmoor for making sure there will be no more updates to TESVSnip.
Guess he took those comments about TESVSnip being broken way too personally.And in the meantime, thank you, Arthmoor, for doing what needed to be done. If he doesn't recognize that, his loss (it could just be the bruised ego, though, which is why I advised him to take a few days to get his head on straight and re-evaluate his position). But he cannot avoid the fact that TESVSnip was badly broken and dangerous to use. Because of that, this community did exactly what I would have expected it to, and very maturely, as well (the tool was at fault, not the author, and we never mentioned his name in any of our posts regarding Snip).

He had already abandoned Snip. Give me a fucking break. Just like he did with the 3DS Max plugin. At least with that he was honest enough to say "here you go, I'm outta here". Btw, it doesn't work... Jerk.Also it was Zaldir that hid the files. He saw our discussions on DC and took action.Do you have a link to his post?