TES V: Skyrim

AndalayBay

Chaurus and spiders. That does make my job a bit easier.Unfortunately, there's no Keywords I can adequately use to detect if a damage type is poison damage. I could create my own, which then begs the question: how many other mods would have need of editing the vanilla Frostbite Spider and Chaurus poison Magic Effects?Otherwise, I'm probably going to have to SKSE-ify the mod. Just in case I have to, I have put out a request for a GetResistValue() function for Magic Effects, and that will allow me effective detection of poisons.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Thomas Kaira

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

I've never had an NPC poison a weapon used against me. Though I hadn't really paid attention until you mentioned it either :)

I used to in Oblivion though. I remember seeing the shader and sometimes being paralyzed. It's a pity if it's another thing that got removed.

I hope TESVSnip is still safe with just removing records...I don't trust it is, though, so just in case, I'm making a backup. Better safe than sorry.

Not safe except for read-only. So yeah. Backups galore. You might get away with it though as long as you're not going to have any compressed records.

It's more subtle than that. You are ok with the first level of compression. TESVSnip just doesn't handle the second level of compressed records properly. But there could be more issues that we haven't identified, so backups and lots of testing are recommended.If you are dealing with compressed records, you should turn TESVSnip's recompression on. The instructions are in this post on DC.

Okay, I've just eclipsed 2000 hits on MDI on Steam Workshop, so I think it's safe to say this mod has taken off.And all of them want NPC support. I was going to wait until I got this first update out before tackling that, but I think I'm going to move it up the timetable now. :crazy:

You know. If it gets full NPC support, I might just give it a shot myself. :)

[minor rant] The company with the worst communication ever. Internal and external.Let's do the math....- Today is June 7th.- Dawnguard is already announced with a date of June 26th. Yep, just over 2 weeks away.- Beta testing applications for Dawnguard on xbox is already open and STILL open. No one has been contacted yet and no idea when it starts.- Patch 1.6 is STILL in beta on PC.- Based on trailer, Dawnguard allows mounted combat, currently in the beta patch 1.6.- When, and only when, patch 1.6 is finalized for PC does it get sent to Sony and MS to do their thing.- Sony and MS thing takes 2 weeks.Are we getting the picture?Conclusion: Dawnguard will be released to Xbox platform and basically all xbox users will now be beta testers. It may even be released before patch 1.6.Lovely. :facepalm: [/minor rant]

Yeah, it's been a bit of a clusterfuck due to E3 being right in the middle of it all. It appears nearly everyone at Bethesda packed up and flew to Vegas.Though, to their credit, GStaff is still responding to email, and still forwarding issues to the team that have been specifically brought to his attention. Who knows what comes of it after that, but that's the best we can do as users, yes?I would have expected to see Patch 1.6 go live this week at the latest, if they followed their usual pattern. That didn't happen, which suggests there's a problem somewhere. Unless they pull a Friday release, don't expect it until Tuesday at the earliest.So yeah, they're probably going to regret setting Dawnguard for the 26th. A responsible company would roll it back another 2 weeks. We shall see.Also, I'd expect they have TONS more people applying for that beta than they counted on and if the CK beta is any indication, that's not getting sorted out until next week either.Lesson learned: Don't release betas during an E3.

Arthmoor, I'd appreciate you giving the Ob gates a test. They're right there <----- in the beta section.I've already had one person test it, and no CTD's (phew!) but they are for you and I trust your judgement.Remember, no collision, and I'm still iffy on the textures, they may change. Don't forget to repath the textures in Nifskope first.

These came out really nice!http://postimage.org/image/g1cmfltyl/full/A hell of a lot bigger than I thought, but I like them. Only odd thing I see are the small cluster things. Not sure what those are for.Also, I realized I probably didn't ask you for the base piece these usually sit on in Oblivion as well. Might need to lighten up the texture a bit. They do seem slightly darker than I was thinking, not too much though because the screenshot is down-shadow of the sun.In any case, these rock. I'll definitely put them to good use. Open Cities will surely have one or two of these about, as well as future villages.

Civil War Neutrality FixEventually that'll make its way into the USKP. For now, if you're stuck like I was trying to get Tulius and Ulfric to go to the peace conference without having to commit yourself to one of their causes, grab that.

Yay! Glad you like. :lol: I decided to scale them to the size of an original gate, good for being seen in the distance and whatnot. People can downscale them as they wish in the CK. The "clusters" to me are the base, according to this picture. Every google pic I found also had them, so I threw them in. And the spike thingy. One could probably drop some rocks down for it to sit on.I'll be working on retextures today. Thanks for testing!

[mini rant] So, to continue with the above minor rant, Beth in their infinite wisdom released patch 1.6 to Xbox this morning in anticipation of Dawnguard. This means, of course, it's crappy first issue beta shit, but hey, we got mounted combat before the DLC beta. I take back everything I said, they're perfectly on the ball. :facepalm: [/mini rant]

Ugh. Well I suppose they pulled a Friday release after all. Hope you aren't planning to play the Companions quest line because the beta has a fatal bug there that broke it. I can't believe they gave that to Microsoft for certification this soon.Ok, so the clusters need a texture change then because they don't really fit with the one you're using :)

So. Skyrim Nexus. New code. Wasn't this supposed to make things faster? :P

An interesting discovery: you know those Actor Values that normally don't have their values saved (BrainCondition, for example)? This is not the case if you use ForceAV on them. Then their values DO get saved.Looks like I just solved my statistic storage problem for NPCs. banana.gif

Some news on the illegal resource conversions. GStaff apparently got his big stick back from Valve and will begin wielding it again to clean the place up.

I think he had a rather enjoyable day. This guy had 5 pages worth of Morrowind weapon ports - not any more. :tongue:The guys doing Return to Morrowind were pretty glad to hear about this. They are recreating assets from scratch and weren't too happy with that guy's antics.

Some news on the illegal resource conversions. GStaff apparently got his big stick back from Valve and will begin wielding it again to clean the place up.
Glad to hear that.

So, 1.6.89 is now live. And according to the forums, the following issues have NOT been fixed:1. The Companions script is still broken.2. The Windows cursor still appears if you Alt-Tab out.3. Mods editing vanilla dialogue still cause the dialogue to become silent.4. Using Skyrim's native AA on certain AMD drivers can cause massive screen-flicker while in menu mode.And we are still waiting for the CK update which the team is probably not even aware they need to issue one (given the response Arthmoor got when he asked).Not surprised, really.

Hmmm. Weekend emails, Monday patch releases? What's going on over there?

So I've seen scattered reports here and there (some in my own threads) that NMM has exactly the same problem with removing conflicting content that its older brother OBMM had. I sure hope as time goes on that people embrace the BSA and put and end to this sort of thing.

I already have, but some people still have trouble with scripts loading from BSAs for some reason, so I offer separate DLs where I package the scripts loose.Thankfully, none of my mods edit anyone else's scripts, so either way, NMM shouldn't hiccup on them.