TES V: Skyrim

AndalayBay

Neither. It just informed me there had been an update. There was no indication of a progress bar OR something in the game updates section. Since Bethesda doesn't know how to use update notices, it sort of left one to wonder.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Thomas Kaira

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

Call me a heretic, but I have actually happened across an ENB config that I like.Quietcool ENB.I like the atmosphere that Realistic Lighting brings to the game, and coupled with this ENB config, it really elevated the graphics to a new level for me. Bit of an FPS hit, but nothing I really can't handle.

Hmmm, I might check that out. Sounds like it makes the interiors darker, but not too much. Although my machine might not be too happy. Definitely time for a new one...

Remember those mods from that guy on Steam that are direct rips of Morrowind weapon models? Remember how we all reported them? They're still there.As I was cleaning out my PM box at BGS, I found one from GStaff after reporting it to him. Seems Valve took away his controls for removal of content, and he encouraged me to go ahead and report the violations. Which I already had done by then.

Remember those mods from that guy on Steam that are direct rips of Morrowind weapon models? Remember how we all reported them? They're still there.

As I was cleaning out my PM box at BGS' date=' I found one from GStaff after reporting it to him. Seems Valve took away his controls for removal of content, and he encouraged me to go ahead and report the violations. Which I already had done by then.[/quote']Real smart of Valve.

Ever wanted a mod where you could break your bones with a satisfying snap?Yeah, I've got that right here. :devil:

Remember those mods from that guy on Steam that are direct rips of Morrowind weapon models? Remember how we all reported them? They're still there.

As I was cleaning out my PM box at BGS' date=' I found one from GStaff after reporting it to him. Seems Valve took away his controls for removal of content, and he encouraged me to go ahead and report the violations. Which I already had done by then.[/quote']Is that what happened. We've got a whole bunch of people on DC really pissed that that guy is getting away with it. Why doesn't Beth get the lawyers involved?I've reported those mods too, and several others on DC have as well. But without being able to say why we're reporting it, it seems rather pointless.

The irony being of course that you now CAN specify a reason for your report. Too late to help in this case.

Crap, so have I. Although he's added more, so I might be able to find some I haven't reported yet. But I fear I'd be wasting my time...

I reported what I could. I'll update our thread on DC about this too and see if some of the people there can report them. I can't believe Bethesda is putting up with this. Makes you wonder if they're regretting their Valve agreement yet.

Because he essentially implemented Craps into Skyrim? Dice games at taverns aren't in and of themselves an original idea :PAlso, you really gotta love his mod descriptions.If you're thinking this resembles the Sixes game in Sutch, not really. Though it's quite possible the inspiration in the back of his mind came from there. Or perhaps he just got done playing Witcher. Which, btw, has a bad ass dice game in it.

Okay, so I guess I'm going through a bit of OCD here trying to get my mods timing where I want it. Now I've set it up so that depending on when I wish it, it will clock in either game time or real time and let the script know which it did. I do hope this will be the last time I rewrite this damn thing.

Brasher's descriptions are priceless. Followed closely by the clueless comments he gets periodically. :lmao:TK, what the hell are you up to?

Trying to make a script's internal timing mechanism as perfect as possible, accounting for all scenarios of time passing in game and reacting as one would expect.So, I need to calculate for timescale and at the same time not. And tell the script whether or not the calculated time passage should be handled as game time or real time, so that it knows how to handle the numbers it spat out.I consider it very important that I get this right before release. This is not something I would want to be changing around in an update.But, I think I may have things exactly where I want them on that front, as I've finally found a way to get all that stuff above set up in a manner that does not require insane post-calc math to handle properly. For the curious:

Float Function GetTimeDelta()	Int TimeDeltaReal = (((gameHour.GetValue() - TimeLast) * 3600) / Timescale.GetValue()) as Int	Float TimeDeltaGame = gameHour.GetValue() - TimeLast	TimeLast = GameHour.GetValue()		If TimeDeltaGame < 0		TimeDeltaGame = TimeDeltaGame + 24	EndIf	;Sanity check.		If TimeDeltaReal < 0		TimeDeltaReal = 1	EndIf	;Sanity check.		If(TimeDeltaGame >= 1) || (HasTraveled())		CalcRealTime = False		Return TimeDeltaGame	Else		CalcRealTime = True		Return TimeDeltaReal as Float	EndIfEndFunction

To describe the above very quickly: it calculates real-time in seconds passed, then game time in hours passed. Then, after a couple sanity checks, if the player fast-traveled, waited, or slept, it puts up a flag that the previous calculation it returned should be handled as game-time. Otherwise, handle the calculations as real-time. Easy to manage, easy to adjust, easy to use. That's what I have been trying to do for the past week.