Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Maybe we should all remind ourselves of the rules we keep breaking... oddly enough we actually have some :P950 replies and climbing though, I think we've done alright even if we're not the most organized or conventional site around.Also I finished my play through of Nehrim. There are screenshots to convert, and possibly even a blog review post for it if I feel motivated to write one up. The short short version though - Vastly superior main story compared to vanilla Oblivion. Vastly superior landscape details. Vastly superior dungeons. Good leveling system. However it falls very flat in the NPC interaction. IE: There's almost none beyond those strictly assigned to quests. No random banter, nothing. It was almost exclusively rants about the Aeterna being thieves and killers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Overall that sounds pretty good for a free mod, as usual :grinning:And to think we've got a religion and politics forum... The worst rants we've had are from Silencer because basically everybody agrees with one another... Oh well, can't win them all.

Really though, tops to the Nerhim guys for their dungeons. Some of the stuff they've made really blows your mind.I should probably put the several hundred screenshots of Nehrim I've taken so far somewhere accessible, while I'm at it.

Cookies!

(actually' date=' I'm snacking on poppyseed muffins right now, but...)[/quote']I'm considering an oat-and-wheat cookie with chockolate chip and hazelnuts right now. To go with my morning coffee.

In which I realize I haven't upgraded anything related to Oblivion in over a year, and since I want to have a game for when RST releases, that's bad. Could get exciting. For my own amusement, I shall keep a running commentary.Bash 287? That's only 7 versions out of date. BOSS, too.Jesus, my installers are a mess. I'm not even sure what a lot of this stuff even is.Nothing like having out of date versions of my own mods installed.UOPS 3.3.3 -> 3.3.7Weather: All Natural 0.9.9.5 -> 1.31OCC 3.5.3 -> 4.1AWLS 5.1.6 -> 5.5.4RAEVWD 1.6 -> 1.9Map Marker Overhaul 3.5.3 -> 3.9.1Bruma Guild Reconstructed pre-release -> 1.0.1A Brotherhood Renewed 1.0.4 -> 1.1New Roads and Bridges 4.5.7 -> 4.6.2Faregyl 2.0 pre-release -> 2.0.5Feldscar 1.0.4 -> 1.0.12Added Frostcrag VillageMolapi 1.0 -> 1.0.1Vergayun 1.0.5 -> 1.0.7Old? What is this old you speak of?Kvatch Rebuilt - is the 2.0.1 version worth the time?TheNiceOne's Enhanced Hotkeys - Anyone using this? Better than Super Hotkeys?Castle mods - anyone have any favorites?Quest mods - anyone have any favorites?What's going on in traveling NPC mods these days?Any experience with daedric invasion mods?Ruined Tail's Tale - worth the time? How about Vilja?What's the best way to go about Pyffing all my vanilla meshes, since I never got around to this?

I'm not able to be a massive help but...Kvatch Rebuilt; I've only done a little bit of this but I enjoyed what I've done so far. I takes ages to play out.Castle mod - Glenvar Castle. I mean, sure, it is still somewhat unbalanced, but so are pretty much all the castle mods, and this one forces you to complete a reasonably difficult (and well designed) quest and then pay to get the place fixed up. And it's really neat once you get the castle back into shape, but not too over the top either.

Favorite quest mods:Kragenir's Death Quest by Povuholo -- not compatible with RSTThe Ayleid Steps by Ervvyn Verona House -- compatible with RSTLost Spires -- DR does have a pretty complete list of what is and is not compatible with RST somewhere in his posts.Kvatch -- I'm just using one of the No Fire modsI enjoyed Ruined Tall Tale when I played it.

lol @ DwipI thought I was bad when I saw NRB was updated to 4.6.2 and I was still at 4.5.9. Didn't even see the part about the new drawbridge added!My thoughts on the other questions;Kvatch Rebuilt update - I've heard good and bad things so I haven't tried it. It's interesting content but I have heard of bugs in it. I think Thomas can tell you more.TNO's Hotkeys - I don't use any hotkeys, so no comment.Castle Mods - I don't bother, they just take up space. If I want a castle I'll build one myself ;)Quest Mods - I liked Knights of the White Stallion/Feudal Empire to expand on the Black Bow quest. And I really enjoyed Vampire Hunting - Order of the Virtuous Blood to expand on that quest. Along with StarX's Vanilla Vampires Revised it adds life (lol) to the lifeless vampires. With that you must have StarX's Vampire Deaths to watch them explode into flames when they die! KDQ, I think I played that about halfway through then got annoyed with it. It adds way too many things and conflicts with just about everything. Oh, Dibella's Watch is getting good reviews and adds quite a bit of new content to a new world.Traveling NPC's - I dunno, I don't use but I think Crowded Roads is the most recommended.Daedric Invasions - Why??RTT and/or Vilja - Oh gawd, I could rant all day about how much I hate companions, especially chatty ones! But YMMV.For new immersion, try Cliffworm's Sounds of Cyrodiil (or any of Cliffworms cool things, really). I've been meaning to try it but my play time is all wrapped up in RST. Don't forget to leave room for that!! Coming soon!

Enhanced Hotkeys are fabulous - strongly recommended. Very solid and they even work with my keyboard, which was always a challenge for other hotkey mods. Way better than Super Hotkeys.Might want to check out Enhanced Economy too. It even has some quests, although they are rather dull :grinning:I'm still running the old version of Kvatch Rebuilt. There were a number of bugs in the new one which frightened me off. I think Arthmoor helped Zaldir fix them, but I need a solid LO right now for developing tDBC. I don't have any time to play anyway, other than for testing.I love Cliffworms dungeon sounds (Oblivifall - Ambient Dungeon SFX). Amazing how creepy it makes dungeons that you've done 10 million times already.

Kvatch Rebuilt: The 2.0 content adds a good quest line for after the city is rebuilt. Be warned, it has one extremely wicked water level dungeon.Hotkeys: I don't use a hotkey mod.Castle mods: Castle Seaview is cool. Can't comment on others since this is the only one I use :PQuest mods: You've probably played all the ones I'd be able to name since I've played them too.Traveling NPCs: Roaming NPCs, Immersive Travelers, and Tamriel Travelers. The crowded roads mods are far too overkill.Daedric Invasion mods: Nope. There's Enhanced Daedric Invasion, but other than that, I think the only other mods to fit that are part of FCOM.Ruined Tail's Tale: Worth it if only for the big fire scene at the beginning. I haven't actually played through version 3 beyond that yet. Version 2 was decent but if you're not big on companion mods it'll definitely irritate the hell out of you before long.PyFFI: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1172029-relz-oblivion-pyffi-optimization-kit Make sure you grab the updated batch files that Alphanos put together or you'll run into living hell with bad LOD meshes.

Underground got removed from my load order due to a massive conflict with Fort Akatosh redux.As to the rest:Due to my sacrilegious ways, I don't tend to partake in the Dark Brotherhood questline, so I don't have any mods for them. :whistle:Quest mods:- Ayleid Steps- Integration: The Stranded Light- The Lost Spires (though I'm debating this one's removal right now. Didn't do enough for me.)- AFK_Weye (but of course whistle.gif)- RST will be in when it arrives (*pokes Hana*)Traveling NPCs are handled by TIE now.Castle mods: Don't care for them.I also highly recommend Cliffworms' work, especially Losing My Religion and Sounds of Cyrodiil.

Thanks. This helps. The last time I asked this question was a little abreviated.Variously:@prettyfly- I've had Kvatch Rebuilt for a while. Just kind of curious as to if there was a better option I should be considering.- Glenvar Castle was what I was looking at last time, apparently, so I imagine I'll get it this time.@Ysne58- KDQ and I didn't get along. Just not my thing. I have Ayleid Steps and Lost Spires. I've been staying away from Verona House (and Bartholm, etc) because I didn't want the large towns they add. My own is apparently enough for me. :P@Hanaisse- I keep staying away from Fuedal Empire 300, though looking at it I'm not sure why. Pondering Vampire Hunting. Also the StarX mod, though I'm not really sure if I'm doing anything with vampires this game.- Sounds of Cyrodiil, yes. Also Immersive Interiors while I'm here.@AndalayBay- Enhanced Hotkeys it is, then. Think I'll pass on EE though. Not my thing.@Samson - - Actually, I've been through relatively few quest mods. Lost Spires, Ayleid Steps, my stuff, your stuff. 'bout it. Per old thread, still happy with Heart of the Dead?- Tamriel Travellers would seem to be the best of these offhand, but hrm. Maybe Roaming NPCs. I waver.- Enhanced Daedric Invasion was what I was thinking of, yes.- Your PyFFI link is busted.@ThomasKaira- There's a non-RBP version of Integration now, yes? I have LAME, but don't much want RBP, which is what kept me off Integration in the first place.

Right. Edited the link. Not sure what I was doing there.Heart of the Dead was good. But again, it's part companion mod, so be prepared for that. Though at least in this case the companion has more substance. You also get to choose between the two based on how you want to pursue the story.There's also Windfall which I failed to mention, but is on the old list. I haven't actually finished that, which I think I'll have to correct. So far it's been pretty good. It's lacking in coherent useful journal entries though.Yes, there's a non-Lame+RBP version of Integration now. Might try and squeeze that one in myself but it desperately needs me to finish the OC patch for it first or it seems like a considerable chunk of time will be spent using the AI doors.Depending on how you feel about mods intended to scare you, Gates to Aesgaard could be good or bad. If you should choose to play, grab both chapters, and make sure you're using a quest delayer for it or you'll actually get spammed by both right out the gate - which makes no damn sense.

Right. Edited the link. Not sure what I was doing there.

Yes' date=' there's a non-Lame+RBP version of Integration now. Might try and squeeze that one in myself but it desperately needs me to finish the OC patch for it first or it seems like a considerable chunk of time will be spent using the AI doors.

.[/quote']I have been avoiding this one because I really didn't want to add LAME + RBP. I'll take a look at it.

Speaking of outdated files, I've been setting up my Laptop for use so I can play Oblivion on it from time to time (its been used exclusively for modding for the last eight months). Lets see, Faregyl is at version 1.0.10, Cyrodil Travel Services is at version 2.0.3, and...Jesus, I think I need to do some updating too.

@SamsonI don't suppose you've ever considered doing the single file thing for your OC patches like you did with the NR&B ones. This is about to get heavily annoying.

Considered, yes, but have yet to act on it. Mainly because there's a lot more of them and they'd be split over OCC and OCR. Probably would require a useful wizard as well.What exactly is about to get annoying?

Good thing I only have 35 then. You can't possibly need them all, can you? :PNo, the Ayleid Steps thing never got resolved as far as I know. It would have been dead simple for him to have simply included a second marker to check whatever he's checking rather than someone else (re: me) having to create a slot wasting patch for one event. Cause I can guarantee you all the patch will be is an edit to one script and an extra marker thrown down. Even with CBash able to merge stuff with injected records it's still a pain to have to bother with such trivial things.