Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Well obviously the SQL errors this new code was supposed to eliminate aren't gone.Wait. Ads? People STILL let webpages show ads in 2011?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Sorry man, but I hate the new Nexus. Obviously DarkOne didn't get the message that orange and gray are almost the worst marketing colours :lmao:I guess it depends on what you're looking for, but considering I'm there to check for comments on my mods - major fail. The quick link to the comments is gone... *sigh*I feel for DarkOne though. Still going through the growing pains of setting up a new site myself... But still...

Double fail then, because the links to the comments once you find the comment tracker are all broken :P

Oh, Dwip, since you've got Morrowind installed, are the two mods I have up here for it working properly? I found an age old email from someone claiming that none of the dialogue works at all for either one of them. I KNOW they worked the last time I played the game, but that's been years ago now.

If you're waiting that long, it's suffered an SQL error and just couldn't tell you. Try again :P

Both of them DO throw up warnings about having the wrong version of the master file, with dialogue errors when I load them in the CS (so does the EEC mod, actually), so yeah, that's probably right. What precisely the deal is, I don't recall my Morrowind-fu enough to know.Wait, what comment tracker?

Apparently they needed cleaning via TESTool, though I think it did some other besides what it told me. I'm not entirely sure. I also don't know if it even worked. Hard to tell.

Is TESTool as reliable as TES4Edit? I guess I'll have to break down and install Morrowind and try to figure out the issue. Last I knew they weren't dirty so something has to have changed.Thomas, a blaring loudness warning would have been nice! The whole house is pissed at me now. :nuke:

TESTool is fairly reliable, though not as powerful as TES4Edit. Its main features include updating the master records for plugins using older versions of the expansions and cleaning out the "Evil GMSTs."And sorry I destroyed your eardrums, I've added in a little caution.

Did a bit of poking around - it seems as though TESTool has some issues with dealing with dialogue. Which of course my transport mod has loads of. A post over on Emma's Morrowind forum had harsh words for just letting the tool loose to fix things that might not actually be broken. So this stuff might be a bit touchier than TES4Edit.I can't remember now, but I know we had some kind of tool like this that could be used to check individual records for stupid stuff like duplicates. Unfortunately the copy I know I had was lost in a drive failure some years back.

Gah. Nehrim appears to have a severe memory leak that not even Streamline can work around. I've never seen normal Oblivion push to the wall at 3.99GB and then... just freeze.

Indeed. That's the issue with amateur development, increased potential for major bugs. I, too, have to remember to shut Nehrim down every hour and a half or so, due to the game freezing after playing for so long.Royally screwed up script, perhaps?

I have now come to the conclusion that Fallout 3's native transparency AA is complete and utter crap. It's too harsh an effect, and it also introduces visual anomalies around the edges of certain transparent objects (namely a small but noticeable line around the Mr. Handy buzz-saw, for instance).Now I'm using my GPU's transparency AA, which is much better about only providing the AA effect to the actual transparency and not the transparency and two-thirds of the texture that is not transparent (which is what Fallout 3's native did at times) and does not produce visual anomalies.No supersampling, though, because that seems to cause a bit of input lag.

Must be. Streamline is able to partially keep it in check though so I can go a lot longer than 90 minutes, but eventually it catches up and kills itself. Obviously a testament to how good a mod/game it is though if it can hold attention for that long. Random dungeoneering has actually been fun rather than blah so far.

I hate it when Fallout 3 decides it suddenly doesn't want to work anymore for no good reason. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:I've spent the last hour battling persistent CTDs in that damn Nuka-Cola factory. Crash on loading the interior, crash on saving, you name it.I finally got it working after much cursing and screwing around with my load order. I don't know what the hell the game's problem was. But now it seems I've lost my HUD grenade indicator... stupid game. :crazy:At least I finally managed to get the damn thing to let me do my Nuka-Cola plant errands. Love the security protectrons:"Protect all *sudden voice change* Nuka Cola!!! *voice returns to normal* personnel at all costs."I am quite glad problems like this are much less common in Oblivion. That stuff only happens with a bad load order in Oblivion, but with Fallout 3, your game can break even with your load order being absolutely pristine. Grr...

Am I the only one who makes the Fallouts run in a normal way, normally? Anyway, who really cares where the grenades are? :PPeople apparently didn't like a lot of the humor in FO3. I never quite got that. Robots FTW.Also, re: previous Nexus commentary, oar sticking.

I had zero issues with FO3. Other than the occasional bog down after 4+ hour sessions, but that's probably a good thing :P

Well, I think I've tracked down the problem: Energy Visuals Enhanced was acting up and being a bad boy causing crashes, and unfortunately I can't use the latest version in FOIP because it causes the game to hang up at the title screen.So it's time to say bye-bye to that one.

Speaking of which, I think its time I finally took a break from Fallout 3 and played my two Stalker games instead. Since they've been sitting idle on my desktop for the last several months, and with Skyrim so close i think its now or never.