Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I haven't actually looked all that hard. I'm not using MGE near as much as I could be.Should probably look into the bizzare indoor stutter bug I keep having, too. Pretty sure that's MGE's fault.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Yeah, tried 3.8.2b last night and couldn't so much as get it to install, so after an hour of beating on it I went back to 3.8.0b. Also tried some shaders and got some atrocious flickering for not much gain, so I tossed that too.

Well, that happened fairly quickly. I'd say it took everyone by surprise.Though I'd feel a lot better if someone would take me to tennis right now rather than being stuck in a house full of grieving people and letting down the person I promised to fill in for.

So, GMOD.com, you think you can host my work without my permission?*reuploads file being hosted under slightly different name*Take that! :tongue:(For those wondering, this causes the redirect provided by the site to break)

That place is such a joke. I haven't gone looking yet but if I find my shit there I won't stop at sabotaging the links. Although if they're not hosting the content themselves a DMCA notice won't help.

That place is such a joke. I haven't gone looking yet but if I find my shit there I won't stop at sabotaging the links. Although if they're not hosting the content themselves a DMCA notice won't help.
They do have the German version of Vergayun up there and a couple of other files. I did not look any further than that.

At least you guys have some control over your mods. They've uploaded Imperial Furniture without permission and I don't have control over that version. In that case, I can send a note to Amajor7. If they upload Oblivion XP there is nothing I can do at all. Oh well, all I can say is that users will only get the old versions.

At least you guys have some control over your mods. They've uploaded Imperial Furniture without permission and I don't have control over that version. In that case' date=' I can send a note to Amajor7. If they upload Oblivion XP there is nothing I can do at all. Oh well, all I can say is that users will only get the old versions.[/quote']Actually the updated version is yours and I think you do have the right to control that.

I've already seen Vergayun and (I think) Feldscar being mirrored there. Better get to work on requisitioning a few Roses of Sithis. :tongue:And no, they are not hosting the files themselves, instead they redirect you directly to the Nexus servers, which while not a DMCA violation, is bandwidth-leeching. Dark0ne has already stated that he's letting them slide on this for now because technically the site is still in beta. But if they do not stop this when they exit beta, he will be blocking access to Nexus from GMOD.Of course, besides the permissions, there are a couple of severe flaws in the way GMOD is handling things right now:1. If the files are altered, GMOD's links break. People have been "exploiting" this to sabotage their links and prevent GMOD from being used for accessing files they did not request permission to mirror.2. You still need a Nexus account to download files hosted there. If you don't, the download link GMOD provides will not work. Kinda pointless, eh?

Well I'll have to go back and check again then, because I'll have some choice words for the guy if my stuff is there without permission. Translated or not.

Well, some good news on that front: GMOD has now been locked out of TESNexus, so their mirrors no longer function and you are required to navigate to TESNexus properly to obtain your mods.So no more stolen bandwidth, and effectively this means that ALL TESNexus mirrors have been shut down on their site. The rest of the Nexus network will hopefully follow suit soon enough.

Fucking javascript, how do you work?Rich text boxes tend to need it, and it loves to break. A lot like the javascript controls for the bbcode buttons here.

Yeah, so text box controls in VB are pretty humane. Declare some strings, tack them together, write over the text field, like so:

dim String1 as Stringdim String2 as StringString1 = "Some text"String2 = " A space and some more text"txtTextbox.text = String1 + String2

And it all works and everybody's happy.And then you start looking at doing the same thing in a rich textbox.

Dim Position As IntDim String1 As StringDim String2 as StringDim myFont1 As New Font("Arial", 14, FontStyle.Regular, GraphicsUnit.Point)Dim myFont2 as New Font("Arial", 14, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point)String1 = "Some text"String2 = " A space and even more text"rtbRichTextBox.Select(Position, 0)rtbRichTextBox.SelectionFont = myFont1rtbRichTextBox.SelectedText = String1Position += string1.LengthrtbRichTextBox.Select(Position, 0)rtbRichTextBox.SelectionFont = myFont2rtbRichTextBox.SelectedText = String2Position += string2.Length

Considering the crap I'm outputting is a very long line of bold text, then some regular text, then more bold text, on and on about 10 times, this is going to be a very long piece of code. I miss the other way.

Ok, I'm actually working too hard, and that position stuff is pointless for my purposes. This two line sub I wrote is the most worthless goddamn thing in the entire world, but lets me do each piece of text on one line instead of four. Not quite as good as doing each piece of text on ONE line, but you know.

I'm back.I came home last Sunday and my parents told me I could only use the empty half of the house and I had to tidy my room. It took a week, mostly because it hadn't been done in eight years.It took a week, I finished yesterday evening, but now I have an office in the second living room.

Shorter that guy: "I just want to play Fallout 1 again. Over and over again. Why are you doing anything new?"That was incredibly tiresome, except the part about how annoying F:NV's "You're going to Primm. Really, you're really going to Primm" attitude was. I think we can all get behind that.You know what isn't tiresome? My software for work blew up, so I'm not working tonight. PARTY.

Yay! And I've just started my exams and have to study all night; while I have the flu. Now how much paracetamol can I take before I overdose?

Read a story on Fox News about gila monsters coming up out of the ground during the rain. The guy said if you pick one up and move it more than 1/4 of a mile from where you found it, it'll die. Weird.