• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

When there's a palisade for them to swarm over, of course. Law of defenses. If you built it, they will attack.

I really hate how shop cells owned by the NPC running them mean that NPC will sell his shirt, pants, shoes, and everything that's not nailed down.

Coincidence. I was just making a shop owner. Must remember to not make him owner of the cell, make the owner a faction instead.

Did that. Cured the "sell the whole house" problem but the bastard still wants to sell his armor that isn't being worn while in the shop. God damn, isn't there some way to avoid this happening?

Question is, why does a shop owner have armor in his inventory anyway?The only way is for him to not sell any type of thing in his inventory.

Because he has a suit of armor which he will switch to if attacked. It's either that or make the guy stand around all day wearing it in a blacksmith shop just so the inept game code can instead decide to sell the clothes off his back he would otherwise wear. Which btw he WILL sell even though he's not set to sell that item type.

Huh. After double checking, my tavern owner who should only buy/sell ingredients and potions wants to sell her dagger, but not her clothes. My armour guy doesn't want to sell either his own weapon or his clothes. However, both want to buy EVERYTHING. :shrug:

Make sure their stats aren't auto-calced, then manually set the stuff they'll sell/buy?Who runs around jacking store owners?

I generally don't use auto-calc on any of my NPCs, and my affected shopkeeper is only set to sell weapons and armor. Certainly not clothing. It's lame beyond belief that any of this is even an issue.

The stats were auto-calc'd then unchecked so that yes, you can manually set the buy/sell options. The point seems to be, setting those options makes no difference.Btw, I set my merchants as essential... suit of armor can be left at home.

Vanilla does that too. I actually bought the Highwayman's shirt from Hamlof Red-Tooth one time and the next time I visited the shop, he was wearing something else. I should have kept buying clothes from him and then I could have shopped with a naked Nord...

Avatar changing time. I've decided I like the characters from Fat Pizza so much (cult Australian comedy) that one of them gets to take over from Cartman. Hmm...there's almost a similarity between this and someone else changing this avatar recently...

You guys keep this up and I'm not going to recognize anyone anymore... Though Arthmoor, I wouldn't mind if you switched to the male Argonian. I don't know, that female Argonian looks like she's batting her eyelashes at me and I just don't see you batting your eyelashes at anyone :lol:

Nope, the male Argonian images we have thus far aren't up to my standards. Yes. I have standards for my avatars. I'll swap out as soon as I've snapped a good shot with whatever my Argonian character ends up looking like. In a setting I like even. :)Also, damn LOD mesh errors.

Hmm...since my custom added Harvest Flora is working so well in Nehrim for me, I think I might go to the bother of actually making a version that isn't merged into one of the master files. I'm sure most people who use the game would appreciate it.

Guess I might as well get in on the avatar changing game' date=' too...[/quote']No Dwip... that is not permitted... Or dude, that is one ugly avatar ROFL

Yup, Mass Effect 2 is a lot of fun. Basically Mass Effect 1 with all the baggage removed. I've started up another playthrough due to my recent purchase of the Shadow Broker DLC (so I've collected 4 of the packs so far, Cerberus Network I got for purchasing the game new, along with Kasumi, Shadow Broker, and the Equalizer armor pack). This just leaves Overlord and Arrival for new mission DLCs, and they are not really what I would consider essential. I will not be getting any more armor packs, though.When it comes to story and characters, Bioware easily destroys Bethesda in that front. But Bethesda has the definite edge on world-building and free-roam gameplay. Bioware games constantly shepherd you from point to point, whereas Bethesda lets you shepherd yourself. But of course, the price is paid in storylines and characters. This is why my first choice for story and character-driven games will always be Bioware, though they are slowly being tainted by the might of EA. Bethesda just doesn't do them the same way. But of course, their focus is elsewhere. So if I want a free-roaming game where I can be whatever I want to be, Bethesda will always be my prime choice for those games.And Mass Effect 1 is my cited reason for why Bioware should just keep things simple in their games. It had what could possibly the worst inventory system I've ever seen. Want to install a weapon upgrade? First select the weapon you want to upgrade, then select which slot to put the upgrade in, then select the upgrade you want to add, then hit the confirmation button. That's four clicks to do something as simple as installing a new part. Unintuitive menus, inexcusably generic loot (16 kinds of weapons which only share two models between them. If they were mod weapons, I'd see why, but a bunch of retextures just aren't enough for a professionally developed product), and even more generic sidequest locations (again, over 20 sidequests taking place in the same four sets of rooms with slightly different clutter each time. Not good enough, even worse than Oblivion's dungeons).But I did get the PC version, which fixed the issues of unintuitive power usage and the impossible-to-drive Mako. And if I had to say, I feel the PC version of ME2 is the superior version. Bioware did a good job on the port, with only a few glitches popping up here and there, very few crashes, and easy-to-use controls. Oh, and planet scanning is infinitely more manageable with a mouse, I can go twice as fast with it than I could possibly achieve on console. Nevertheless, if planet scanning is back in ME3, there will be hell to pay.

I guess I just never saw the appeal of Mass Effect.I'm also not convinced Bioware is as great about story and characters as people think. What they ARE good at though is somehow making you care about the outcome.Some of that taint from EA might explain why things in DAO:Awakening felt so forced and predictable.