[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

do you mean they start rotated?You can twirl them around so if its just the starting position it might not be too hard though cant say for sure

Stuff like that, probably not. Where something is placed isn't considered an issue unless it's clipping with another object or is among the many havok floaters in need of attention.

Maybe, but no promises. Bulk tickets tend to get low priority without a fix file to go with it :P

Maybe, but no promises. Bulk tickets tend to get low priority without a fix file to go with it :P

Would have helped my chances for bug fixes knowing this earlier XD im the bulk ticket MASTER!!!! :D(hah working on a file for one of my few remaining open bug entries...only 3 left :D)

Is deleting or replacing OK when dealing with placed references? 

It's not OK. If you want to get rid of something, move it out of the way. The simplest way is to lower its z-translation until it disappears underground.

If, for whatever reason, a mod references an object which a previously loading mod has deleted, you'll inevitably get a CTD.

That's one of the reasons for mod cleaning and why deleted references in mods are carefully registered by the BOSS team.

How does USKP fix z-fighting between water and land?

I never heard of this occurring, but its should actually be possible. The problem here is that moving the water plane can, and editing the landscape does have unwanted side effects. Best to cover the offending spot with an unconspicuous landscape mesh such as a dirt pile or whatever.  Nonetheless, I'd really like to see a screenshot of that issue.

I'd really like to see a screenshot of that issue.

z-fighting between water and land near 55293

z-fighting between water and land near 59b3a

z-fighting between water and land near 59ceb

z-fighting between water and land near 59c82

z-fighting between water and land near e7f8e

z-fighting between water and land near 105cc8

While you're working in the CK, deleting is fine unless you get stopped by a prompt asking if you're really sure you want to delete - if you ever see that, don't. It means deleting that object will break something. And here's the kicker, chances are it already has by the time the prompt comes up so you'll have to exit the CK without saving and come back to start again.

When you're ready to submit a fix file, run it through a TES5Edit cleaning before uploading it so the deleted items get processed properly.

z-fighting between landscape and water isn't something we're likely to bother with as it would involve editing landscape data to properly address it and that's something we consider off limits due to the large risk of compatibility problems.

z-fighting between landscape and water isn't something we're likely to bother with as it would involve editing landscape data to properly address it and that's something we consider off limits due to the large risk of compatibility problems.

What about covering it with rocks?

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

There is also a new load order required - BOSS is *NOT* yet aware of it:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

[Everything else as usual]

Beta issues:

• Enthir's line needs the subtitle changed to match the audio.

• Nelkir's subtitle in DA08NelkirDoorOpeningHintsTopic needs "this castle" changed to "the castle." Same for DA08NelkirHowDoYouKnowThis topic in DA08NelkirQuestStartsBranch

• The DialogueWinterholdInnScene04 needs to only play when the Stormcloaks are in charge, not the Imperials.

• The bed you're flagged to allow children to use needs the RaceToScale keyword removed, or else Hrefna will grow in size when using it. Better to replace the bed with a new USKP "child" version, since Hrefna owns it anyway.

That changelog is ginormous!!!!!!!!!

Too bad my biggest fix for the north markers just got 1 measly entry XD I want to have every one shown dangit  ;) though it may double the size of the changelog heh

Next time I'll play (the first time in weeks ...) I expect a whole new world. Since we are still scratching on the surface of that massive block of scripts, it is almost inevitable that underlying bugs will pop up sooner or later, and new glitches may show that no one ever saw because the scripts were never getting there. Actually, I'd be even somewhat disappointed if that's not happening.

@Sclerocephalus

No need to try too hard...

Start a brand new game, play through (following Hadvar) until you exit the caves (complete "Unbound"). Save, check the log, lose count of the errors...

Problem is that of those who play with (script) logging turned on I would guess most only bother to look closely when the logs suddenly become huge, so all the little errors (which can really mount up) get overlooked, never reported and therefore never fixed (or even addressed).

Update and USKP (Beta) only.