[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

If you didn't fix up the mess in your load order, starting a new game won't help much.

Its not my Load Order, i just Discovered that its the Power Battle Cry from the Nord Race, im Never playing a Nord Character again.

Amulet of Talos. Have posted on the Official site, but to no avail.

Whether vanilla, modded, non-updated, officially updated, USKP updated, whatever, since this game came out, EVERY game i start or continue playing, EVERY Amulet of Talos is marked essential and i can not drop it. the only way to remove it is to use the console. any chance you guys could take a look into this?

Thanks for all your hard work. these patches have made a world of difference to my gameplay and are an instant install whenever i install this game.

~Berenost

daventry, Battle Cry is a hostile "spell", of course people will want to attack you if you use it on them. It's more or less the same as using a "Fear" spell on them. 

@Berehost

I have never had any trouble with Amulet of Talos. In fact, I just dropped one yesterday after wearing it without issues. Have you tried verifying your game cache through Steam after deleting your skyrim/data folder when no mods are installed?

Yep, sure have. have even done a complete comp reinstall of windows (upgraded graphics card). Still, have the issue. There is a mission in Markarth i believe where you have to get a NPC's named Amulet of Talos and turn it into someone for completion, but that is the only mission i have found that even references the amulet at all.

Though it happened only once, i have had this issue on the 360.

and now it is EVERY time i get the amulet in the game, irregardless of what point i am at in it, whether i am playing vanilla or modded.

very frustrating.

Have you clean the mods you're using with TES5Edit?  Please post your loadorder.

What you're referring to must be this quest, so the Amulet of Talos might be flagged as an essential item and cannot being dropped from your inventory before the quest is finished.

USKP beta 1.3.1 is up.

I doubt I need to caution about this, but just in case. DO NOT USE 1.3.1 with game version 1.8. You will regret it six ways to Sunday and back.

That said, if you're on the 1.9 beta now, you should be using the 1.3.1 beta. If you have the DLCs as well, grab the betas for them too. Make damn sure your load order is good or things are going to get messy fast.

Translators, the DLC patches will be needing their string files as usual.

Also on a general note for everyone, we're at the capacity limit for Steam Workshop. It is anticipated that future versions of the USKP will only continue to grow, not shrink, as you can see by this release being considerably larger. We may be left with no choice but to abandon further updates on the Workshop once 1.3.1 goes live. Unless Valve gives us more space.

I don't know how much good it will do, but I've posted a query on that to their Workshop discussion forum. I know the Workshop isn't a popular thing around here but it would be best for all of us if Valve can be convinced that the limit needs to be raised.

Hate to be bearer of bad news, but Eisa Blackthorn is still standing alone if you approach Frostmere Crypt from Northwest, by climbing the stairs before the actual Crypt's stairs. All other directions trigger the three bandits, so there's clear progress. And it's infinitely better than what Bethesda did in their Official 1.9 update :)

Unfortunately there's nothing more to be done about it then. We've done all we can with the system we've been given. Story Manager quests like this are notoriously difficult to do reliably.

I've literally surrounded the area with the location data it wants. Extending it further would conflict with the settings in nearby cells.

That's ok. Nobody can say you didn't try and it is much, much better now. You can only work with what you're given :wink:

Since the Bethforum is locked at the moment (ouch), I'll make an observation here.

I have noticed the Dawnguard version of PlayerVampireQuestScript cured more diseases than the vanilla ones, and from what I can tell they are all vanilla diseases.

The cured diseases are as below: Ataxia, and the trap version of every diseases (includes Porphyric Hemophelia).

Would it be appropriate for USKP to include this change?

Provided they're all vanilla diseases, yes. Please open a ticket for it if you haven't already and we'll look into it after this beta cycle is up.

Should I post bugs in the tracker about items and quests that leave errors in papyrus log? I only ask because there seem to be quite a lot of items that have misbehaving scripts attached to them and even more quest scripts that fail for one reason or another.

For example, I was planning on testing the Raldbthar Deep Market trap in Blackreach (which works fine btw). I coc'ed to the Dereclect Pumphouse, picked up one single Crimson Nirnroot outside the pumphouse (it left 4 distinct errors in my log), went back to pumphouse and ran to the Deep Market. The trap was silent (fix is retroactive). But as I exited the building, I got attacket by falmer, which left errors in my log from masterAmbushScript.

So, grand total of confirming one bug fixed was two new bugs (or at least error giving instances in my papyrus log). Should I report those as well?

We may need to try and add a distinct category for Papyrus bugs - stuff that should be fixable by only altering the script logic. Things like missing NONE checks, missing returns, erroneous returns, noisy debugs, etc. Yes, we DO address noisy debugs since they make legitimate troubleshooting nearly impossible.

If fixing one of these would require touching something on the CK side (properties, aliases, etc) then they should be reported in their usual categories.

In your test, I'd hesitate to bother though since you coc'd in and that's not generally a valid approach to bug reports. There's so much stuff that gets triggered on and off as you move through the game that you could end up reporting something that's not actually broken through normal play.

Adding in Papyrus category sounds great idea for me as I always play with logging enabled and see a lot of errors.

About coc'ing in. I thought it would be "safe" if I coc'ed into the pumphouse as it was several cells away from my testing target, the Deep Market. Was I mistaken in this? Also what's the difference between fast-travelling somewhere and coc'ing there?

Fast traveling to one of the entry points into Blackreach is fine. You'll pass through any needed triggers that way. coc'ing bypasses these things if they exist. It may seem a bit paranoid, but proper testing of stuff means doing it as the player would do it. Not as a developer would do it.

This sort of thing is why I think there are so many bugs in the game. So many of them are easily found when you play through properly that I am convinced they're abusing coc as a testing tool. So much so that they actually made it possible to coc directly off the opening game menu. That's madness IMO, because if you're on the opening menu and coc into the game, the game is in a totally undefined state.

I'm just thinking out loud for a second or two, but you could also use the AS-LAL mod to *coc* in there and do some testing.

Are am I the only one here who miss an in-game tool like RefScope or ConScribe in Oblivion.

Conskrybe exists and is quite useful, but will need to be updated again for Patch 1.9 once it goes live.

I'd kill for a Skyrim version of Refscope.

Just popped 1.3.1a up to the download sites. We've removed the steel armor and troll meshes that we intended to pull from the beta before 1.9 bum rushed us out the door. Sorry :P

I noticed that USKP adds a new recipe specifically "recipearmorscaledcuirassBUSKP".

This to me seems to have pure intent but perhaps steps out of line with what USKP is meant for in my opinion. From what I understand this mod is supposed to fix bugs and glitches in the game rather than add new features. In a nutshell this would be no different than making fur armor, light imperial armor, or any non craftable variation of armor craftable. This can create problems with smithing mods that aim to change recipies and crafting because this new recipe cannot be altered by modders.

Now understandably new tempering has been added for some armor because bethesda had overlooked quite a bit of it. This can also create unchangable content for modders although perhaps not as severe.

I just wanted to suggest branching off fixes that add new recipies into an optional secondary patch. That way users can decide to uncheck it if conflics are caused with smithing mods.

USKP will not be split, into any number of parts. Arthmoor has made his position on this matter very clear in several posts. And USKP will continue to fix bugs, it is mod authors' responsibility to resolve possible conflicts. There is no way for USKP to dance around tens of thousands of mods.

This can create problems with smithing mods that aim to change recipies and crafting because this new recipe cannot be altered by modders.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there's nothing special about the USKP -- other than it's the one plugin that everyone, absolutely everyone, should be using. Its recipes can be modified by other mods just as easily as the vanilla content can be modified. Copy the records across, edit them, and then just make sure your mod is later in the load order.