[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

and please don't pester the BOSS team until the USKP is out of beta. they are well aware of the upcoming changes, and will implement them in time. but right now we are in BETA. obviously BOSS doesn't update until the 2.0 version of USKP goes live!

I know that it's not advised to use the USKP beta version with a game save we intend to keep, but with this update must I start a new game or can I just overwrite the previous beta patch and still benefit from these 8 new fixes ? I started a new game with the previous beta version and my character is only level two in Bleak Falls Barrow. If I could avoid to do again the Helgen prologue... Forgive my laziness !

You can just overwrite the old beta files. But saves do like to remember everything, so it's not advisable to use the betas on a character you intend to keep.

Updated USKP beta:

• The wilderness encounter with the Aspiring Mage (WE31) would never complete properly, the mage wasn't equipping the staff for his scene, and he wasn't giving the staff to the player like he said he would. (Bug #13890)

Does this bug fix also allow the Aspiring Mage to unload from the area where he spawns when you leave the area? I noticed that this encounter is bugged (on v. 1.3.3) in that it doesn't unload when I leave the area and the mage and the dead wolf persist indefinitely. I was just trying to make sure that this is addressed also, because there are so many of these world encounters that have this problem (as I've been reporting lately). Using the console command setstage WE31 255, will allow this encounter to unload properly, so maybe this can be taken a look too (if necessary).

Some observations about the beta after playtesting:

• ingots now clip when piled on top of each other, so some tweaking is required

gallery_1498_8_112191.jpg

• Missed at least one debug statement from Bug #13667:
    [10/13/2013 - 10:39:59AM] [WICommentTriggerScript < (000F18D8)>] triggered by [DLC1SeranaLevelingScript < (03002B74)>]
    [10/13/2013 - 07:05:34PM] [WICommentTriggerScript < (000EB21B)>] triggered by [DLC1SeranaLevelingScript < (03002B74)>]
    [10/13/2013 - 07:20:27PM] [WICommentTriggerScript < (000F77A7)>] triggered by [DLC1SeranaLevelingScript < (03002B74)>]
    [10/13/2013 - 07:50:26PM] [WICommentTriggerScript < (000EA792)>] triggered by [DLC1SeranaLevelingScript < (03002B74)>]
  • Should a similar fix to the one in Bug #13537 for vendors be applid to found scrolls too? My level 4 character has gotten Scrolls of Mass Paralysis, Guardian Circle and Blizzard, so they are not level dependent either.
  • Bread, cabbage, and dwemer item collision all look fine
  • Didn't notice any issues in Alfthand (or Blackreach) with the collision edited meshes, could grab the previously unobtaible items
  • The haybale is looking great, though, now very flat objects may clip slighty depending on placement on the bale but that's to be expected and looks way better than the terrible floaters. Nothing needs to be done about it, just noting it.
  • Noticeably less errors are shown in the log :)

Thank you for your answers. Sure, I don't intend to keep this character, if I'm here it's to test the betas. I just wondered if these 8 new fixes would require a new start or are retroactive. Sorry, my post was badly worded.

and please don't pester the BOSS team until the USKP is out of beta. they are well aware of the upcoming changes, and will implement them in time. but right now we are in BETA. obviously BOSS doesn't update until the 2.0 version of USKP goes live!

"Pester" is a strong word... I don't want to "pester" anyone. BOSS team did implement the 2.0 betas support. There was even a discussion on the boards on how to manage the betas updates. I just wanted to report the beta update, but ok, I won't do it anymore, I don't want to be importune. ;)

hm, i'm sorry if i came across as offensive. maybe i even misread your post. did you say it worked with the first beta, but doesn't work with the bate update?

because i didn't get that earlier, and if so, that probably is something the boss team would want to know about.

sorry again.

hm, i'm sorry if i came across as offensive. maybe i even misread your post. did you say it worked with the first beta, but doesn't work with the bate update?

because i didn't get that earlier, and if so, that probably is something the boss team would want to know about.

sorry again.

No need to apologize ! English is not my native language and I'm often not very clear in my wording.

And yes, exactly, it worked with the first 2.0 beta, but not with the yesterday's update.

Does this bug fix also allow the Aspiring Mage to unload from the area where he spawns when you leave the area? I noticed that this encounter is bugged (on v. 1.3.3) in that it doesn't unload when I leave the area and the mage and the dead wolf persist indefinitely. I was just trying to make sure that this is addressed also, because there are so many of these world encounters that have this problem (as I've been reporting lately). Using the console command setstage WE31 255, will allow this encounter to unload properly, so maybe this can be taken a look too (if necessary).

WE31 is a special case. It's only mean to clear away once you've spoken to the mage and received the staff from him. It does not advance to stage 255 until that happens, so he'll be out there somewhere until you've finished with him. Then he'll clean up properly once you leave.

WE31 is a special case. It's only mean to clear away once you've spoken to the mage and received the staff from him. It does not advance to stage 255 until that happens, so he'll be out there somewhere until you've finished with him. Then he'll clean up properly once you leave.

Okay, thanks for confirming that. I won't start another tracdown report, since WE31 is being addressed with 2.0.

Another line that needs to be removed - Captian Lonely-Gale can still be asked about the murders even though Blood on the ice has been completed and Calixto has been stabbed by me with all mysteries solved.

Okay, thanks for confirming that. I won't start another tracdown report, since WE31 is being addressed with 2.0.

Also, the only reason we treated that one differently was because of the unique item involved. If it had been any other mundane staff we'd have had him clean up just like any other.

Also, the only reason we treated that one differently was because of the unique item involved. If it had been any other mundane staff we'd have had him clean up just like any other.

Interesting. I never would have guessed that him not equipping the re-animation staff would have caused this WE to not unload as it should.

Beta Update:

• MGCollegeLecturesQuestScript and QF_MGCollegeLectures_000E0C67, which control the College lecture system, were a source of Papyrus stack overload due to indiscriminately polling the system every 30 seconds and registering numerous game time updates that are never resolved. This could eventually lead to save game bloat, but manifests first as the lecture scenes failing to play anymore. (Bug #8708)
  • 41 more scripts have had their debug messages silenced. This should put a stop to any further debug trace messages for the vanilla game. (Bug #13969)
  • The Companions radiant quests were capable of generating save game bloat due to improperly handling the recycling of the quests whenever the player visited Whiterun. In a long enough game, it would have been possible to generate substantial amounts of dynamically created objects and NPCs which were never properly cleaned up. Quests CR06, CR07, CR10, and CR11 were responsible for generating these potential bloat bombs. In order to correct this, ALL of the CRxx quests now have an added stage 255 and the 4 capable of generating bloat now have code to manually clean up their messes. The new stage 255 will be called by CycleRadiantQuests() in the Companions housekeeping script. (Bug #13958)

Also includes Gruftlord's post above. We're anticipating this to be the last round from here until we go live.

After switching to the beta files on a new save, my game's running much faster and the extremely annoying lip sync problems that started with the last official patch seem to be a thing of the past.  Nice!

After switching to the beta files on a new save, my game's running much faster and the extremely annoying lip sync problems that started with the last official patch seem to be a thing of the past.  Nice!

I'm pretty sure the lip synch issue will show up again at some point, but if it didn't that would be really nice. I have never played once since 1.9 on Xbox or PC without having that bug.

It would be highly unusual for switching the unofficials to esm format to have any effect on something like that. People who don't even use them still report the bug, so.....

It's not 100% gone, but it's much improved.  The game seems a little more responsive as well (menus and combat).  I don't know enough about what could cause the problem in the first place to hazard a meaningful guess as to what change affected it.  Aside from the beta change, the only other thing I did was remove Point the Way.

USKP 2.0 comes with updates for the following critter scripts:

• Critter
  • CritterSpawn
  • CritterFish
  • CritterBird

CritterMoth and CritterDragonFly are missing (incidentally, it's only these two that have been spamming the log lately). Were they really never fixed or have they been forgotten ?

CritterMoth and CritterDragonFly were not edited - they're still marked with their original file date of 2/12/2012 in my USKP folder.

So I guess that means they were never fixed. Possibly because nobody at the time realized they needed to be. Papyrus is still largely alien to a lot of us even now and complex crap like multiple inherited scripts make little sense and logic errors that cause log spam aren't generally obvious.

While on my way into Warmaidens to test racks, I noticed that the Irileth guard scene wasn't finishing properly. Apparently, USKP 1.2.6 moved two guards down from the roof, where the developers had put them (probably because there's not enough room below).

Now they are crammed together with the captain, and he cannot easily get on the road. I ran it at least a dozen times, and he only was able to get on the road once.

So, I've a proposed very simple fix at http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/14016-whiterun-guards-do-not-leave-riverwood-after-irileth-dispatches-them/ -- hopefully simple enough to make it into 2.0 beta.

just a quick question to the mesh gurus: i just realized after a WATER update, that the USKP versions of the blacksmithforgemarker.nifs (namely blacksmithforgemarker.nif and blacksmithforgemarkerwr.nif under meshes/furniture) have switched file sizes compared to the vanilla versions.

in vanilla the regular mesh is 2.4 MB big, and the Whiterun (*wr.nif) version just a little over 400kB. in the USKP versions those values are switched.

they both look fine ingame of course, just wanted to know what was the reason for the size switch? does the smaller file inherit parts from the bigger and it all pretty much doesn't matter, or what is up?

Interesting. I hadn't notice that happened either. The forges all seem to be working fine. Maybe they should both be 400K or something :P

On that I don't know what to tell you because I'm not seeing it. Chickens look and act normally to me as far as I can tell. You'd have to be awfully specific about what it is you're seeing that's not making sense to you, because Hexaae sure couldn't. I've even stood in front of several of them together, each individually clucking, and have observed no "trembling and jittering".