[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

They also are squeaking now when they are rolled over by a carriage. Adds some immersion.

I don't know whether they already did this before, but I did never notice this.

An unhappy end for Hana's happy chicken ...

Yes, i agree, the chickens are a really great improvement.

still though i'll try to explain the jitter in more detail.

On that I don't know what to tell you because I'm not seeing it. Chickens look and act normally to me as far as I can tell. You'd have to be awfully specific about what it is you're seeing that's not making sense to you, because Hexaae sure couldn't. I've even stood in front of several of them together, each individually clucking, and have observed no "trembling and jittering".

It's a head movement like you would expect from a picking chicken. you know, small and fast forward/backwards moves of the head/neck. only, the chicken is not facing the ground, but is keeping its head up in these instances.

i saw two kinds of this jitter. one occured with the head straight forward, kind of like the chicken was in it's resting/nifskope position for a second, and only the jitter was played 3 or sometimes 6 times in a row. then the chicken regained it's normal behaviour

i'm not quite sure how these animations work, i think Skyrim doesn't use animation blending. so what i observed next is a bit odd (i.e. there should actually only be one jittery animation, at least only one new one).

so the second animation was basically a "chicken turns its head to the left or right" animation blended with the jitter.

in all cases the feet were unnaturally stiff however.

i know it is hard to explain, without showing a video. so i'll try to use the one provided by sialvi again

you can see the chicken in seconds 0-1.5 move it's head to the left and center again twice. but the final center movement is rather aprupt already. after that, next is a pecking movement. those two are the jitter animation we describe. watch what the rest of the chicken body does during these "peckings". next to noting. the feet are very stiff, and slide backwards on the ground, while the body remains its center of mass, tail goes up.

then at second three, the chicken moves it's head to the right and center again. again there is a pecking movement with these awkward feet slides. It's like a bad attempt at Moonwalking.

If it weren't for the feet, it wouldn't actually be noticable too much, that this animation fragment is completely stiff, and rather just a rotation of the chicken by it's horizontal left/right axis. But the feet clearly give it away.

i hope this helps others see what is meant. and maybe someone can find out how to improve this.

though i feel for the poor guy already, because i observed strange jitters at the end of several (male) idle loops myself. it could just be the engine having probelms ending one animation and starting the next, when the animations don't end in the same exact position. then a small jitter happens and the next animation plays. in this case.... can of worms.

the other explanation would be, that some animations have these odd jitters at the end in which case.... another can of worms.

but lets ignore this for now, the odd chicken behaviour is quite noticable, because it captured the whole chicken. idle loops only appear odd on the left hand every 10 seconds of so

edit: ok new thought: the chicken pecking appears isolated, sometimes more times in a row. has anybody taken a look at the animation that was used to activate the clucking? maybe it is just this one frame, with the chicken unfortunatelly rotated by a few degrees around the Y or x axis. then, every time the cluck animation(+sound) are played, the chicken does the rotation. and afterwards resumes other movements again.

this could explain why otherwise i observed jitters only at the end of animations and here they can happen in a row, with 1,2,3 and 6 repetitions reported so far. There simp,y is no animatiom here, only one recorded frame.

what animation file should we be looking for, and which program could i use tho have a look at it?

CritterMoth and CritterDragonFly were not edited - they're still marked with their original file date of 2/12/2012 in my USKP folder.

So I guess that means they were never fixed. Possibly because nobody at the time realized they needed to be. Papyrus is still largely alien to a lot of us even now and complex crap like multiple inherited scripts make little sense and logic errors that cause log spam aren't generally obvious.

Great. And there are two more:

FireFly.psc

FishSpawn.psc

They simply may have been overlooked, because they don't have the "critter" prefix. Firefly.psc controls the torchbugs and has been found spamming the logs quite frequently.

EDIT:

Also, I just noticed that Dawnguard comes with its own CritterMoth, CritterPerch and CritterSpawn scripts, If these haven't been taken care of yet and Dawnguard is installed ....

In addition, Dawnguard has a separate DLC1CritterFollowSCRIPT to control the elder moths, but this is actually nothing but a very slightly modified CritterMoth script, so be prepared that the elder moths will continue to spawn critter errors.

I found a possible issue with the weapon racks and plaques in the Honeyside Manor basement. It seems as though they don't work in that they can't be activated. I haven't updated to v. 2.0.0 on this game yet though and I am still using v. 1.3.3c. This might be a false alarm if this is being looked into with the beta (just thought I should mention it). I've uploaded a save in case somebody wants to take a look at it (here). If you need any more information, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I tried using beta v. 2.0.0 just to see if that made a difference and it didn't the above mentioned racks and plaques still can't be activated.

I found a possible issue with the weapon racks and plaques in the Honeyside Manor basement. It seems as though they don't work in that they can't be activated. I haven't updated to v. 2.0.0 on this game yet though and I am still using v. 1.3.3c. This might be a false alarm if this is being looked into with the beta (just thought I should mention it). I've uploaded a save in case somebody wants to take a look at it (here). If you need any more information, please feel free to let me know.

Edit: I tried using beta v. 2.0.0 just to see if that made a difference and it didn't the above mentioned racks and plaques still can't be activated.

This is already known and will be fixed in v2.0.0.

The reason for this is an edit by the Hearthfires DLC, which links the player home decoration enable marker to the activators. This makes the activators think that the marker is a pre-placed weapon ....

This is already known and will be fixed in v2.0.0.

The reason for this is an edit by the Hearthfires DLC, which links the player home decoration enable marker to the activators. This makes the activators think that the marker is a pre-placed weapon ....

Thanks for letting me know. I just wanted to make sure you guys didn't miss something. 

On another topic:

Am I correct to assume that CR03 (Animal Pelt Collection) won't be included in v. 2.0.0 after all? It sounded like from reading the bug fix for #13958, that it turned out to be more trouble than it was worth trying to restore the CR03 quest.

Correct, it won't be in the USKP beta. However, it will be in another mod that's idling waiting for the 2.0 release to go live.

I remember the recommended load order going: Skyrim, Update, DG, HF, DB, hi-res texture pack DLC, and then unofficial patches in the same order (Skyrim, DG, HF, DB, hi-res). But now that USKP v2 is false-flagged as a master, Wrye Bash won't let me put it below the hi-res DLC files, because those are plugins and not masters. Is this okay? Or does Wrye Bash need to start allowing this?

The load order when using 2.0.0 and on is as follows:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

[Everything else]

You also need to make sure you're using Wrye Bash 304.2 since older ones won't let you move a false flagged esp into the esm group.

TES5Edit 3.0.31 and higher are also needed so that it retains the load order when loading them.

From the 2.0.0 changelog: "Circlets worn on female elves had a large gap behind the item and the forehead."

I always suspected that elves have a large gap behind their forehead ...

Version 2.0.0 is now live - loads of fixes, refer to the official changelogs for all the details.

IMPORTANT!

When upgrading, update EVERY unofficial patch you are using AT THE SAME TIME. Simply overwrite the files, run BOSS, and then load your game. Everything should drop into place nicely. Attempting to piecemeal update these patches will result in Bad Things™.

If you are using the beta, you MUST NOT use a save that is currently using it. Reload one from before you began testing so that all of the retroactive fixes will take effect. Failure to do this will result in some fixes being ignored.

I noticed that some of the descriptions for various alchemy potions have been altered with 2.0.0, which I'm sure was the intent. However, I've noticed that the text (in the effect description) is much smaller with any potion (or food) that has a "restore stamina effect." Was this done deliberately (see below for screenshots)? It's a very minor issue, but thought that maybe it should be brought up. You should notice the difference if you load your game up and look through the "potion" section in your player character's inventory or if you start mixing a potion using an alchemy station.

I've included several screenshots -- #1 and #2 show the smaller than normal text, #3 shows the normal text size (for comparison purposes). Take special notice of the text size on 1 and 2 versus 3 in the lower portion where the effect of the drink or potion is listed.

How come the update quests/scripts are running out of sequence?

[10/29/2013 - 03:42:09PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:09PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:09PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:27PM] PATCH 1.5 QUEST HAS STARTED
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:27PM] PATCH 1.6 QUEST HAS STARTED
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:27PM] PATCH 1.9 QUEST HAS STARTED
[10/29/2013 - 03:42:29PM] PATCH 1.4 QUEST HAS STARTED

Bethesda's official patch scripts have always done that. Nothing they're doing is dependent on running in a certain order though so it's not  a big deal if they don't.

Ok, just wondered if some of the recurring problems were being caused by earlier updates overriding things the later updates "fixed".

All the "none objects" and similar we're seeing in the logs. Recurring in the sense that they keep happening, on different objects/scripts all over Skyrim (and outside if you include the DLCs).

Are they 1.9 related? Are they possibly because 1.9 was intended to run after the others but is being overridden by earlier changes? I don't know, hence the question. Fixed meaning by Beth, not the USKP.

No, those errors are all garbage from something that's gone fubar within the engine and how it talks to Papyrus.

Probably in the end, part of what causes these: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1476556-no-native-object-or-object-is-of-incorrect-type/

That thread is sadly not getting the attention it needs either.

As in not getting any attention whatsoever? (outside of those already discussing it here). Would be nice if Beth would jump in there and give you some idea of wtf is really going on.

No, those errors are all garbage from something that's gone fubar within the engine and how it talks to Papyrus.

Probably in the end, part of what causes these: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1476556-no-native-object-or-object-is-of-incorrect-type/

That thread is sadly not getting the attention it needs either.

Thanks for pointing to it, I didn't know about it. Mostly what he'd reported here, but needs more eyeballs. Nice bit of testing, tho!