[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

I don't know what you guys say about this, but I'm a little surprised to see this hasn't been changed since day one and that's about Steel Armour which is actually two different items in-game not one.

Heavy Armor

I think the first picture with the ID: 00013952 could be as it is or be renamed to Steel Imperial Armor due to the Steel Imperial Gauntlets (000f6f23), Steel Shin Boots (000f6f21), but the ID: 000f6f22 should be renamed to Steel Nordic Armor because it has almost the same engravings on the shoulders as the Steel Nordic Gauntlets (00013953) and the Steel Cuffed Boots (00013951) has.

Two different items with exactly the same name is just confusing everybody and sometimes I need to check my inventory before I do anything, so that I don't use the wrong Steel Armor in the smelter to get some steel ingots from a consumed Steel Armor.

I've no idea why Bethesda did this in the first place perhaps this is something that wasn't checked or they just need to speed up the development of the game a little, but it could also be something they needed to include in Skyrim E3 demo. :shrug:

Just a different issue.  It happen when I had read 9 tablets along the way to High Hrothgar, so when read the last tablet to get the Voice of the Sky effect I changed my mind.

So I reloaded the game and tried to read the last tablet again I won't get the Voice of the Sky effect active.  Is this a known issue?

* 00  Skyrim.esm  [CRC: C665FD56]
* 01  Update.esm  [CRC: 9D4C690E]
* 02  HearthFires.esm  [CRC: B73E6C1E]
* 03  Dragonborn.esm  [CRC: 100EFFB2]
* 04  ApachiiHair.esm  [CRC: 783F7167]
* 05  TravellersOfSkyrim.esm  [CRC: 4CAC21AD]
* 06  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.3.3]  [CRC: 273E1224]
* 07  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.0]  [CRC: 7F7F4F60]
* 08  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]  [CRC: F42F2CF3]
* 09  Better Dynamic Snow.esp  [CRC: 4A46A8A7]
* 0A  randomthunder.esp  [CRC: 1058BBB4]
* 0B  Ars Metallica.esp  [Version 1.2.0]  [CRC: DAA0CB0A]
* 0C  Ars Metallica - Hearthfire.esp  [Version 1.2.0]  [CRC: 4D46526A]
* 0D  Ars Metallica - Dragonborn.esp  [Version 1.2.0]  [CRC: B7D8828D]
* 0E  Barrels and Crates.esp  [CRC: 9BE22A5F]
* 0F  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.1.7]  [CRC: 4C4EB7AB]
* 10  Console Books.esp  [CRC: 0F92706C]
* 11  moredragonloot.esp  [CRC: 6C36D066]
* 12  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.1a]  [CRC: 4F3B7750]
* 13  TravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.esp  [CRC: AA0B8D2F]
* 14  TravellersOfSkyrim - Dragonborn Addon.esp  [CRC: 50E27438]
* 15  SkyTweak.esp  [CRC: A42519F9]
* 16  SkyUI.esp  [CRC: 9330CAF7]
* 17  Grimy Utilities Interface.esp  [CRC: 4E93F379]
* 18  BlitzConsoleCommandsMCM.esp  [CRC: 3969C36E] (reported as unrecognised)
* 19  HanasSkeletonStaff.esp  [CRC: 495F1F8E]
* 1A  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 1.2.2]  [CRC: 7764D0DD]
* 1B  ShezrieUTFalkreath.esp  [CRC: 9E82A773]
* 1C  ShezrieUTNightgateInn.esp  [CRC: BE5B0690]
* 1D  ShezrieUTWinterhold.esp  [CRC: 8EF02013]
* 1E  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.4]  [CRC: E371E2D9]
* 1F  Slof's Unique Frost.esp  [CRC: D9CC88C4]
* 20  Signs and Guardians.esp  [CRC: 1A7A8B32]
* 21  Open Cities Skyrim.esp  [Version 1.0]  [CRC: 8DDDC337]
* 22  OCS + Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.0]  [CRC: 6D35AFDC]
* 23  OCS + Dragonborn.esp  [Version 1.1.1]  [CRC: 389BB457]
* 24  SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp  [CRC: 1F27C375]
* 25  Better Cloth Enchanting.esp  [CRC: 87055A33]
* 26  Enchanting Freedom.esp  [CRC: C6B755E0]
* 27  EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp  [CRC: 50022D98]
* 28  EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp  [CRC: B62AD555]
* 29  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp  [CRC: D6C72A3C]
* 2A  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.3.1]  [CRC: CAB00700]
* 2B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp  [CRC: 4F66EF19]

The steel armor thing isn't a bug, nothing there for us to do.

When you reloaded your game after doing the tablets, did you completely exit out to Windows or did you reload from within the game?

Oh well a mod idea has just struck my head.  You wouldn't happen to have an aspirin or something to get rid of my headache. :P

I reloaded from a quicksave (F9 key) within the game.  Is that a problem by doing that?

loading from within the game (worst within the same area) is a lot faster than loading when first entering the game.

a lot of things get reused from the current game, and loaded into the new save. it is not quite clear which things work propperly, and which don't. i seem to recall some reports about interiors and merchants not updating propperly, or remaining the same even between different characters, when the save files are loaded after one another.

if strange things happen after a reload that weren't there before, it is always best to first double check with a fresh start of the skyrim.exe

Version 1.3.3 is now live. Enjoy!

Also, please keep in mind that from version 1.3.3 forward, Steam Workshop HAS NOT been updated and cannot be updated until Bethesda issues CK update.

loading from within the game (worst within the same area) is a lot faster than loading when first entering the game.

a lot of things get reused from the current game, and loaded into the new save. it is not quite clear which things work propperly, and which don't. i seem to recall some reports about interiors and merchants not updating propperly, or remaining the same even between different characters, when the save files are loaded after one another.

if strange things happen after a reload that weren't there before, it is always best to first double check with a fresh start of the skyrim.exe

Well with that in mind I take it Skyrim has the same problems as Morrowind when it comes to reload a save within the game especially if the save is a Quicksave.

What I've notice in Skyrim about the merchants is that they don't have the same barter gold after reloading a gamesave in-game, but they'll have almost the same barter gold as before and only their goods will change if you reload Skyrim.

Sorry to say, there's a report in the BGS thread about weapon plaque / display rack anomolies. All weapons are falling off or floating away from the racks. The BGS report was from someone who started a new game, and I've confirmed it with my existing game.

In Warmaiden's.

In Jorrvaskr.

In Riverwood.

In Northwatch Tower.

Hotfix version 1.3.3a is up now. The proper copy of the weapon rack fixes is in, I've checked it, it works. New game, existing game, all good. Plus fixed the inverted parent markers at the tower so that Stormcloaks won't be there at the start of a new game.

It doesn't look normal to me perhaps the others can give you more information than me.

v1.3.3a

i found that the "Ancient Knowledge" has no effect for weapon/armor upgrade

is this normal?

from the 1.3.1 patchlog:

The Patch 1.9 fix for Ancient Knowledge is still wrong. The perk was providing the bonus to all armor EXCEPT Dwemer, which is directly opposite of what the description of it says. It was also multiplying "Tempering Health" by 1.15 rather than raising Smithing skill use by 15% as described. Since Bethesda generated a new perk entry for it, our fix now acts on their provided entry instead of one we created to fix this.

what exactly do you think is wrong? USKP fixes, what you describe. Ancient knowledge was never intended to enhance the quality of your smithing, only speed up the rate at which you level this skill. this was fixed by the USKP long ago, and imho it is working as intended.

from the 1.3.1 patchlog:

The Patch 1.9 fix for Ancient Knowledge is still wrong. The perk was providing the bonus to all armor EXCEPT Dwemer, which is directly opposite of what the description of it says. It was also multiplying "Tempering Health" by 1.15 rather than raising Smithing skill use by 15% as described. Since Bethesda generated a new perk entry for it, our fix now acts on their provided entry instead of one we created to fix this.

what exactly do you think is wrong? USKP fixes, what you describe. Ancient knowledge was never intended to enhance the quality of your smithing, only speed up the rate at which you level this skill. this was fixed by the USKP long ago, and imho it is working as intended.

My bad, please forgive me cause i am new to this patch

and i do not notice that previously the improvement for equipment upgrade was a bug

btw, i just got a Dragon attach at Windhelm, 1st in the gametime....

after the dragon been killed, all the npc are squeeze togethers after i "wait" for few hours

they just wont back to their routines...

and i solve this by fast travel to others hold and travel back

A hotfix for the Dragonsreach crashes is up now, probably best to try getting it from somewhere OTHER than Nexus though as the site is a flaky mess right now.

Also, I hate this game sometimes. It seems Skyrim modding is cursed, this kind of crap was never a problem in Oblivion.

I've already installed USKP 1.3.3a and I haven't visit Dragonsreach yet since I updated it, but do I need to uninstall USKP 1.3.3a first before I apply the hotfix or can I just install the hotfix on top of USKP 1.3.3a.

Just install it over the top. There's never a need to uninstall the old one when it's just the ESP+BSA anyway.

small problem report :

Quest : A DEADRA'S BEST FRIEND

Desctiption : When Barbas lead the way till Helgen, it should waiting nearby the Gate wait for user to Unlock the gate,

for now, Barbas will cycling around.

For a new player, he/she mind have no idea that they have to  unlock the gate to let barbas get through cause barbas wont go near the gate

Today I read the tablets starting from the on other side of bridge in Ivarstead, but when I read the 9th tablet the Voice of the Sky effect was added.  So why wasn't it added after I read the 10th tablet?  Has anyone experience this?

Please post bug reports in the bug tracker, not in this thread. They will typically end up lost and not actioned. :)