[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

• 2 weeks later...

All fixed too. Typos in the changelog are quick an easy :P

Thank you. Another typo in USKP changelog : Shore's Stone should be Shor's Stone.

I've seem to have hit a known documented bug in the College quest Arniel's Endeavor.

Specifically Part 3 (mgrarniel03) involving the dwemer convectors. The first time works, but then it screws up from there into a quest breaking mess.

This is my sqv log when I realized the 2nd convector just wasn't doing anything. Seems to me a couple of aliases didn't fill?

sqv mgrarniel03
        --- Papyrus ---------------------------------
        mgrarniel03script:
            Script state = ""
            ::ArnielStep_var = 3
            ::SoulGemStage_var = 2
        QF_MGRArniel03_0006A097:
            Script state = ""
            ::Alias_Arniel_var = alias Arniel on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector2_var = alias Convector2 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector3_var = alias Convector3 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector4_var = alias Convector4 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector5_var = alias Convector5 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector6_var = alias Convector6 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_Convector7_var = alias Convector7 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_SoulGemStage1_var = alias SoulGemStage1 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_SoulGemStage2_var = alias SoulGemStage2 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_SoulGemStage3_var = alias SoulGemStage3 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::Alias_SoulGemStage4_var = alias SoulGemStage4 on quest MGRArniel03 (0006A097)
            ::ArnielSpell_var =  (0006A104)
            ::doOnce_var = 1
            ::FavorRewardSmall_var = FavorRewardSmall (00035215)
            ::MGRArniel04_var = MGRArniel04 (0006A119)
        - 11 Aliases for quest 'MGRArniel03' (0006A097)-
        REF 'Arniel'-> '' (0001C1AB)
        REF 'SoulGemStage1'-> '' (FF001446)
        REF 'SoulGemStage2'-> '' (FF001708)
        REF 'SoulGemStage3'-> NONE
        REF 'SoulGemStage4'-> NONE
        REF 'Convector2'-> '' (000646BC)
        REF 'Convector3'-> '' (000FB80A)
        REF 'Convector4'-> '' (00109495)
        REF 'Convector5'-> '' (000D131D)
        REF 'Convector6'-> '' (000C89C0)
        REF 'Convector7'-> '' (00109494)
        --- Quest state -----------------------------
        Enabled?            Yes
        State:            Running
        Current stage:    10
        Priority:        30

From what I gather in the CK looking at the quest, it's supposed to go;

1st convector - stage 10, 20, 30 -> 13 (Place the warped soul gem into another Convector)

2nd convector - stage 13, 20, 30 -> 16 (Place the warpred soul gem into a final Convector) -- yes, this typo is really there

3rd convector - stage 16, 20, 30 -> 40 (Deliver the soul gem to Arniel)

According to my quest journal, it only shows as stage 16 objective. Nothing else. It's certainly not even going to stage 13 for me to reach 16.

That convector quest has always been problematic. in 2.1.3 a bugfix to the duplication bug was issued, but the other problem still persists, it seems.

SoulGemStage3 should fill when the second convector gets heated, and SoulGemStage4 when the final convector is heated. It seems it never happened.

It is possible that the "counter"  variable in MGRArniel03SContainerScript didn't get reset to 0, somehow. It is possible that the container script suffer from multithreading problems.

Random thoughts about the container script:

- How fast are the functions "IsObjectiveDisplayed" and "SetObjectiveDisplayed"? And does "SetObjectiveDisplayed" ensures that "IsObjectiveDisplayed" will return true inmediately? That would something to research, I wonder if replacing them with boolean variables would make a difference.

- Maybe using states to make two implementations of OnMagicEffectApply? The normal one, and another empty one for whenever the gem is "used". Then, the code at "OnItemRemoved" would set the state to normal one when necessary.

I had that bug today myself, and in my searches I found that it is nearly always caused when the player has the Destruction perks "Destruction Dual Casting" and/or "Augmented Flames."

The work-around I eventually found was to make sure the spell was not being dual-wielded and to only cast it in bursts - not hold down the cast until the quest popup showed. It seems that the spell tries to apply twice, as the first convector will typically jump straight to the "place into final convector" stage, and if you avoid that then the second and third convectors can jump to a stage where it does not register being removed or placed into convectors. Casting the spell too long or too rapidly will cause it to skip the second convector stages and then it will no longer recognize any attempts to heat it in other convectors.

I also noticed that if the gem is removed too quickly from the final convector it does not advance the "remove gem from convector" stage, but this is easily fixed by placing the gem back into the convector and removing it again.

I ran across this thread while doing my searching, and thought the information I found could contribute to the USKP efforts. These are some amazing patches, and thanks for all the hard work in keeping the Bethesda games enjoyable!

• 2 months later...

I haven't read through 69 pages of this thread, so I do not know if anyone have asked about Sybille Stentor, the court wizard in Solitude, before and her daily schedule or should I say evening schedule especially about her merchant service.

Anyway, I just arrived to Ivarstad when a courier approached me and gave me a letter from Falk Firebeard.

I decided to fast travel to the Blue Palace, but before I enter the entrance I told my followers (Lydia, Jordis) to relax while I went to talk to Falk Firebeard about the letter.

As I came closer I notice the court wizard Sybille Stentor was also present.  So I decided to buy some stuff from here, but soon I exit the dialogue and reloaded my gamesave.

Now, everything that she had for sale before was replace with other stuff, so I reloaded my game on more time and now she I didn't offer any merchant services at all.

If it's important the clock was before midnight and still her merchant service is missing gone, so I assume her behavior is by design for offer offering merchant service only once.  Is this is bug or is it just by design?

• 5 months later...

Today when I was waiting for the second letter from Ralis Sedarys in the Unearthed quest.

I decided to visit Tel Mithryn a second time, but this time Neloth's steward Varona Nelas was lying dead next to Talvas Fathryon just outside of Tel Mithryn.  I examine her body and trigger this quest.

However, when I talked to him he didn't have a "Varona Nelas is dead" topic and the only topic he had was about the Black Books, so I find it strange though that I couldn't tell him that Varona Nelas were found dead despite what the journal suggested.

The only thing that could cause this is a quest dialogue conflict I think, because I've only started the Path of Knowledge quest but haven't talked to Neloth yet until now when I was trying to tell him about the death of Varona Nelas.  So I don't have a second a journal update for the Path of Knowledge quest.

Also, I did talked to Neloth's apprentice and agreed to kill the Ash Guardian, which completed the From the Ashes quest, before I talked to Neloth.

I don't think my loadorder is related to this quest conflict, except that I still use the original UDBP mod and I think it's the last UDBP.  I also find this picture a bit odd.

20160627132133 1

Has anyone else notice the same thing as I did in-game?

You mean there is a conflict between those two quests or did I missunderstood you.  So the solution is to use the console and advance the steward quest or talk to the related NPC's about Varona Nelas's death.

She means that there have been a lot of issues with that particular quest in the past.

I can't say that I've experienced the issue that you're describing in my game. Advancing the quest using the console is probably not the best solution since it would risk breaking the quest further.

Completely unrelated, but I just noticed from your screenshot that the dialogue "Follow me. I need your help." is listed twice when Talvas is an active follower. That might be an engine bug though, I can't recall for sure.

She means that there have been a lot of issues with that particular quest in the past.

I can't say that I've experienced the issue that you're describing in my game. Advancing the quest using the console is probably not the best solution since it would risk breaking the quest further.

Completely unrelated, but I just noticed from your screenshot that the dialogue "Follow me. I need your help." is listed twice when Talvas is an active follower. That might be an engine bug though, I can't recall for sure.

I doubt that that quest could cause a lot of problem alone and why do I think that, because the Path of Knowledge quest seems to *take control* and what I mean by that is that as long the Path of Knowledge quest is active the other side quest (I think that affects Tel Mithryn side quests that includes Neloth) doesn't show the actual quest topic in Neloth's dialogue if Neloth is somehow involved in a certain active quest.

Anyway, I had no other choice then to reset the DLC2MQ04 quest via the console in order to advance the steward quest, but now it seems I've run into another quest issue because I dunno how to get the DLC2MQ04 active again.

Also, I found no notes about this quest issue I ran into between The Path of Knowledge and the Reluctant Steward quest (I read the quest notes and known bugs for both quests) on UESP.

EDIT:  I think the duplicated "Follow me, I need your help" topic for Talvas should be a "I found Varona Nelas, the steward, dead on the road to Raven Rock" topic or similar, otherwise it doesn't make sense to have a duplicated topic for a NPC.

EDIT:  I think the duplicated "Follow me, I need your help" topic for Talvas should be a "I found Varona Nelas, the steward, dead on the road to Raven Rock" topic or similar, otherwise it doesn't make sense to have a duplicated topic for a NPC.

If you have few mods on your actual game you may upload a save to allow us checking this. Inspecting papyrus logs when selecting one of these 2 topics may allow to track the culprit and set appropriate fixes (probably just wrong/incomplete conditions check imo).

I use less than 60 mods.

It seems I cannot upload an archive as an attachment in a post in this forum.  So I'll send you a PM with my saves.

EDIT:  I dunno why I can't send you a PM with an attached .rar archive. :shrug:

Please note that various follower mods may cause this kind of issue (I have UFO in mind but there are others), so you should try to disable them if you have some.

If the issue persists you should open a ticket in the bugtracker (under 'Quests' category I'd say), give a brief description, post your screenshot and upload your associated archive in the Files for fixes forum section.

I've used AFT for a long time and have never experience any issues, except for Aerin when having Mjoll in tow.

EDIT:  I submitted a ticket to the bug tracker and uploaded the archive here.

• Arthmoor locked this topic