[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

The added recipes are also very much addressing bugs and aren't just there to pad the file with useless stuff.

It also doesn't create any problems beyond the possibility of seeing multiple entries in the smithing menu for the same item.

USKP will not be split, into any number of parts. Arthmoor has made his position on this matter very clear in several posts. And USKP will continue to fix bugs, it is mod authors' responsibility to resolve possible conflicts. There is no way for USKP to dance around tens of thousands of mods.

I in no way ask for the authors of uskp to perform such an impossible monumental task of giving all mods compatability however there are ways to prevent issues such as only altering form IDs part of the master file and adding new ones only when absolutely necessary specifically the ones that poke themselves out visually in the game. There are many things that can be added and would never be noticed however there are other things that can stick out like a sore thumb.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there's nothing special about the USKP -- other than it's the one plugin that everyone, absolutely everyone, should be using. Its recipes can be modified by other mods just as easily as the vanilla content can be modified. Copy the records across, edit them, and then just make sure your mod is later in the load order.

Unfortunely that is not correct. If two plugins share a form ID the editor will assign a new number to the second loaded form ID and attach "DUPLICATE" to the name. Plugins can overwrite a form ID from a master file but it is simply not the case with two plugins. Even if the active file the form ID was edited from is unchecked and the form IDs retain the same number as separate files the game itself will still consider these as a separate form ID.

The added recipes are also very much addressing bugs and aren't just there to pad the file with useless stuff.

It also doesn't create any problems beyond the possibility of seeing multiple entries in the smithing menu for the same item.

Multiple entries in the smithing menu for the same item is the problem I am refering to. I do not really understand the bug being addressed by adding the horned varient of the scaled cuirass however I do understand why tempering was added.

As far as having fragmented uskp patches go it was mostly a suggestion and I realize it may not be a desired solution. Another solution would simply be to remove the recipe from uskp as I am fairly certain there are no bugs being addressed by adding it as a recipe.

Perhaps the person that had added the recipe felt it was a missing recipe that should have been craftable? Regardless though it seems more like a personal preference than a bug fix and considering uskp is indeed a mod many players will be using things like this should be considered for the sake of other mods. To modify a form Id from a master file seems very acceptable but adding new ones just seems to cause problems when it is in a way so visible to players.

The crafting system leaves no other choice, and when you have loading screens and other in game cues telling you you can temper stuff - and then it isn't in the menu - people report the bugs. Rightly so. We fix them by adding the necessary information to let the game do what it's telling users it should do. If that means having to add new forms to the file, we don't have a choice.

A sizable portion of the USKP simply couldn't function unless new forms were added to the file. It's always been the case, and likely always will be.

As NightStart said though, it's possible for other mods to modify this data by using the USKP as a direct master if the modder is bothered enough by the duplication. You can't do it the way you describe though.

The files are never going to be split up though until Steam allows their mod entries to use multiple plugin files.

The Shop Owner in Dawnstar from the Morthal and Pestle has a wrong open and close time limited, she Only Opens from 9am till 1pm and then she is closed till the Next Day, plus she doesent give me the Radiant Quest to fetch her Ring

The Jarl of Winterhold Refuse to make me Thane

At Darkwater Crossing, they tell me about Derkeethus being missing, a Quest pops up, but theres no Marker leading me to him.

• 3 weeks later...

USKP beta 1.3.2 is up, second post has the details.

File size is maxed out, so 1.3.2 will be the last one able to upload to Steam Workshop until Bethesda updates the CK to allow larger files. After 1.3.2, updates will only be available from other sites.

Beta updates:

Captain Lonely-Gale still had a few missed details to fix:

PrinceShroob has spliced in corrections to audio during Blood on the Ice to account for him becoming Steward.
If he needed to be resurrected, he'll be moved to the Palace since he'd be stuck in the body cleanup cell.
The wall idle marker Jorleif uses is now owned by the steward faction so Lonely-Gale can use it too.
The authority figure alias in Blood on the Ice also needed to be swapped if the quest was still running at the end of the war.

Other stuff:

Minor correction to an older fix for dialogue relating to Tova Shatter-Shield.
Retro script needs to remove Drifa's essential flag if TG01 is past stage 10 since Bethesda apparently fixed it so changing base NPC data will propagate forward on an existing save.

@alt3rn1ty: Um. That seems like a bit of a strange issue :blink:

Yeah the wedding papyrus errors - There are quite a few isinlocation and moveto .. I am wondering if its anything to do with my habit of talking to my new spouse before she gets out of the temple door ..

The first thing that should happen after the wedding sequence is your spouse says "I will see you at home", and she proceeds to walk out. As soon as she ( or even he I suppose, never done the female side of the wedding ) is out of the door she cannot be found wandering in Riften no matter how quick you are getting out the door .. Its as if as soon as she is out of the door she fast travels to her home.

At that point I want her to continue travelling with me from Riften - So I first get out of third person perspective ( the wedding scene leaves you looking over your own shoulder ) press F

Immediately turn and move close to my spouse and engage her in conversation .. At which point you can tell her Lets Go / Follow me ( I forget exactly what it is for a vanilla follower, I'm used to not getting wed to Vilja who does not allow that yet ) .. And then she follows

So I wonder by doing this if I am interrupting the natural progression of wedding scripts which at that stage have not quite finished ?.

-----------------------

The giving arrows thing I ought to put on a separate issue .. But I was just wanting to get down 'on paper' all I had at the time reference Jenassa.

And the sequence of events may have been important so kept it together.

I dont know if that is an occasional vanilla followers known bug, if so its probably an only Bethsoft can fix thing .. Not sure, I dont ordinarily use vanilla followers.

-----------------------

Installed the Beta update - Will continue running through ( now at level 14 and nothing new to add currently )

Hopefully a small fix for the racial powers' text could be included in the final 1.3.2. There's still somel inconsistency as pointed out by Jumps-Down-Stairs on this bug.

Couple more quick fixes:

Lonely-Gale's steward schedule had a gap, causing him to leave the palace.
The authority figure alias in MS11b needed some extra flags.
The two civil war quests, CW and CWObj, will now be terminated after the war.
Minor text consistency fixes for the racial ability descriptions that were made.

I've gone around and done some quick checking on the CW stuff and it doesn't appear to be causing any strange side effects but it could definitely use more eyes on it to check.

Version 1.3.2 is now live, enjoy.

Please keep in mind that this is also the last version we'll be able to make available to Steam Workshop until Bethesda updates the CK to allow for larger file sizes.

Just tested Ill Met by Moonlight (DA05), since I was curious whether the 1.3.2 quest stopping fix also prevented the get both daedric rewards exploit.

However, it turns out I couldn't get the Ring of Hircine even if not going for the exploit. The quest would end after killing all hunters and talking to Sinding, and Hircine just wouldn't appear after exiting the cave. As far as I remember, he should appear immediately upon exiting. Savior's hide can be obtained normally.

Can anyone reproduce or is it just my game?

Edit: Tested properly (without other mods), will open a bug report.

There was a regression in Ill Met By Moonlight that caused getting the ring reward to fail. That's now fixed, but it looks like 12,000+ people need to update again. Sorry about that :(

Couple of quickies that got away, hotfix to 1.3.2b:

USKP Fixes

• A debug message in the updated weapon rack script was accidentally left on.

Placement/Layout/Ownership and other World Object Fixes

• Several coffins and other graves for NPCs in the Markarth and Solitude Halls of the Dead were not initially disabled like they should be, resulting in them showing up as all belonging to the priest in charge until the assigned NPC actually dies. Unassigned coffins and urns have been changed to objects that don't display the owner name.

Whatever that bug is, it's not something that the USKP introduced. Purchasing stuff for Hjerim has been working fine with Lonely-Gale, and there's certainly no sign of the Jarl of Winterhold coming to Windhelm.

• 1 month later...

If my memory serves me, but wasn't Brynjolf's quest triggered dialogue for the initial Thieves Guild quest fixed when he was outside in Riften.

I was doing another quest for Vilja to recover her unusual flute unique actually and my target was a NPC that was staying in Bee and Barb, so I fast travel to Riften and I once got there it was late evening but as soon I stepped into Bee and Barb Brynjolf started exactly the same quest triggered dialogue as it were in vanilla.  Is this supposed to be like this or not?

I simple couldn't walk pass him without he started that dialogue in Bee and Barb, but I could walk pass him while he was standing still in the market place and selling his goods.

Beta for 1.3.3 is up. Second post has the details. These changelogs aren't getting any smaller :P

My respect for how much you do is growing faster then the length of the change logs!

Beta for 1.3.3 is up. Second post has the details. These changelogs aren't getting any smaller :P

I think you're right about the changelog they tend to be a lot larger than you thought perhaps larger than the esp itself. :P

Anyway thanks for the update mate. :)

Error-checking:

You merged in the text edit to TGFences’ hello “So, did Delvin send you again…†but did not include the relevant audio file, too. Since I assume you don’t like the audio, you need to remove the text edit.

DialogueWhiterunElrindirTopicsBranch2 in DialogueWhiterun, second response: text not changed to match new audio. ("Try Olfina, the new innkeeper..." -> "Try the new innkeeper..." -- Mikael is now the Bannered Mare's backup innkeeper, not Olfina); also, change the GetDead check to Mikael's ref.
DialogueWhiterunJonTopic3Branch in DialogueWhiterun, third response: text not changed to match new audio; also GetDead check on Olfina should be changed to Mikael instead.
Favor013PersuadeSpeech in Favor013, Mikael’s first response: text not changed to match new audio. ("...one Nord lass..." -> "...one lass..." -- Carlotta is an Imperial, not a Nord)

Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\MaleBrute\DialogueRi__00071768_1.fuz is missing from the archive.
Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\MaleEvenTonedAccented\DialogueRi_DialogueRiftenH_00042323_1.fuz is missing from the archive.
Sound\Voice\Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp\FemaleCommoner\MS05KingOl_MS05KingOlafsFe_00000D62_1.fuz is missing from the archive.

I'll add more later. I found theses earlier today and meant to do more debugging, but you weren't online, so I waited, and now that it's later, I'm tired.

I went through most of the changelog for 1.3.3 beta and noticed some things.

These entries are missing a bug number at the end:

• EnchFortifyArticulation had the wrong associated value set. Should be Speech instead of SpeechcraftMod. (Bug #9652)
  • EnchArmorArticulation01 to EnchArmorArticulation07 had the wrong progression of enchantment values which did not match the descriptions. Old progression: 10/12/15/17/20/22/25. Proper progression: 5/10/15/20/25/30/35. (Bug #9652)
  • Benor did not have a key to the Morthal Guardhouse. Nor did he have an available bed. One has been given to him in the jailhouse level as there is no more room upstairs. His sleep package was adjusted to point to the new bed. (Bug #13063)
  • Arrald Frozen-Heart did not have a key to the Morthal Guardhouse. (Bug #13063)
  • The Notched Pickaxe (dunVolunruudPickaxe) found at Throat of the World should not be allowed to be disenchanted due to its unique status. (Bug #12068)
  • EnchFortifyPersuasionConstantSelf: "+ Speechcraft." -> "Increases Speech skill by points." (Bug #9652)
  • TGAmuletofArticulation01 to TGAmuletofArticulation07: "Persuade checks in dialogue will almost always succeed and Speechcraft is % better." -> "Persuade checks in dialogue will almost always succeed and increases Speech Skill by points." (Bug #9652)

• AlchFortifyPersuasion: "+ Speechcraft for seconds." -> "Increases Speech skill by points for seconds." (Bug #9652)

• FortifyPersuasionFFSelf: "+ Speechcraft." -> "Increases Speech skill by points." (Bug #9652)

These contained typos:

• The basic fork (weapBasicFork01) was missing impact sound data, block sound data, the VendorItemClutter keyword, had the wrong draw sounds set, and did not have the right sound detection level set. (Bug #13066) -- detection level set -> detection level or critical damage set. (Bug #13066)
  • (MS04) has been completed thanks to Hexxae -- Hexxae -> Hexaae
  • Vex's seeep jobs...  -- Seeep-> sweep
  • Hulda (and all the other innkeepers to - even modded ones) -- to -> too
  • 000a2d9d: Child's bed inappropriately downscaled causing the child sleeping in it to hover. (Bug #12904) -- bed -> bed was, the child -> Gralnach
  • Delvin, Tonilla, and Vex -- Tonilla -> Tonilia

In the Placement/Layout/Ownership and other World Object Fixes section

• some bug numbers use square brackets [] while other use brackets (). Inconsistant.
  • Should the "!May not work as it is persistent!" be replaced with [NR]? That would be more consistent.
  • "(Bug #12867) Rearranging the havok enabled items will not be retroactive." is inconsistent with the rest of the version history.

These issues marked fixed in the tracker are missing from changelog:

• Froki has no crime faction assigned and will therefore talk to werewolves and/or vampire lords when this should not be allowed. (Bug #13027)
  • Haming has no crime faction assigned and will therefore talk to werewolves and/or vampire lords when this should not be allowed. (Bug #13027)
  • Farengar: "Come to Dragonsreach to discuss the ongoing hostilities, like the rest of the "great warriors"?" stops running once civil war is over (fixed in some version before 1.3.3, Bug #12874). This should also get an entry in the changelog.
  • Improved Disguise Mechanic for Diplomatic Immunity. Altmer players can now disguise themselves using hooded or unhooded Thalmor robes or elven armor, other races still must have hooded robes. (Bug #12852)

Lastly, just a question, where did the information for this fix come from?
"Hemming mistakenly refers to Sibbi and Ingun as his children when they're actually his siblings. Corrected their relationship settings to match."

Sorry I posted this in the wrong post and I was too tired to notice it last night.   Anyway here is my report about the Say Once flag bug I mention it here.

I can also confirm that the Say Once flag now works as intended (needs to be confirmed by others) except that she only allow me to walk halfway into her shop before she rushes towards to me and say something like "What do you need?" or " Do you need something?", but her behaviour has changed and it's similar to what's was in Oblivion when a NPC walk towards you before they said "Please leave now!  You're trespassing." or similar.

• Sayma repeats her greeting dialogue to the player about being there for Roggvir's execution due to the greeting not having the Say Once flag. (Bug #12877)

I think you fixed the Say Once flag bug, but I'm not sure until someone can confirm this or not.  My loadorder is the same as before except that I updated USKP before I did this test.

* 00  Skyrim.esm  [CRC: C665FD56]
* 01  Update.esm  [CRC: 9D4C690E]
* 02  HearthFires.esm  [CRC: B73E6C1E]
* 03  Dragonborn.esm  [CRC: 100EFFB2]
* 04  ApachiiHair.esm  [CRC: 783F7167]
* 05  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.3.3]  [CRC: 273E1224]
* 06  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.0]  [CRC: 7F7F4F60]
* 07  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4]  [CRC: F42F2CF3]
* 08  Chesko_Frostfall.esp  [CRC: A86681B4]
* 09  Better Dynamic Snow.esp  [CRC: 4A46A8A7]
* 0A  randomthunder.esp  [CRC: 1058BBB4]
* 0B  Economics of Skyrim.esp  [CRC: 6E2B0731]