[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

Yes, but likely a rather small dent in a very large problem (or a very large number of very small problems).

It is almost inevitable that underlying bugs will pop up sooner or later, and new glitches may show that no one ever saw because the scripts were never getting there. Actually, I'd be even somewhat disappointed if that's not happening.

I'm sure you will have a brand new toy to play with !  :rofl:

Yes, but likely a rather small dent in a very large problem (or a very large number of very small problems).

psh just did what you said somehow was expecting more haha though still is alot of bugs

haha a small victory would be to concentrate on just these bugs at the start so at least a portion of the game is script bug free XD

Lol.

Ok, so maybe not all that many, but enough of them, some repeated several times, to be worth fixing. Some errors get "baked in" so you can't get rid of them later, so yeah - fixing the early ones could be a good idea.

We have to finally have to be at least making a dent in the dang log :S

What about this new idea for the log: list the scripts we have not fixed already instead of those that have been fixed. This way, the logs may even become smaller eventually - and we have a visible goal ...

There are over 10,000 source files for scripts. I don't think that's going to be feasible :P

Then all that's left to do is for someone to report them :X

Done - all 14 of them :blink:

I suppose an alternative would be a [META] for each error. e.g. "cannot disable an object with an enable state parent", "Object reference has no 3D", "Unnecessary trace lines" and so on.

Pros. All errors of the same type grouped together, easier to search for duplicates, easier to mark a block of reports as fixed :- "all reports above here fixed in [uSKP x.x]".

Cons. Looking at the "Tracking Bugs" category, apart from Hana and Nightstar there have been no posts since last December, so any new "topics" may well simply be ignored, and they will descend into a right old mess if discussions take place in there.

Cons. Looking at the "Tracking Bugs" category, apart from Hana and Nightstar there have been no posts since last December, so any new "topics" may well simply be ignored, and they will descend into a right old mess if discussions take place in there.

Not True

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/822-meta-tracking-bug-for-all-things-related-to-placement-errors-floaters-see-throughs-embedded-objects-z-fighting-etc/?st=70#commentsStart

the Bug Tracker interface has a few issues. "last activity" never accounts for any posts it seems. see for example all the "fixed" posts by Arthmoor.

one would assume the "fixed" sections of each category list the bugs in reverse order of fixing date, but no, they don't.

This Site Interface seriously needs a big overhaul soon, i don't understand how arthmoor still keeps an overview of all the bugs. i couldn't with these messy navigation features.

it's driving me crazy e.g. that the green main navigation bar is not reachable all time. why have a horizontal (bug category) and a vertical (bug progress state) bar, when you can only ever reach one of them, and not switch quickly between all "confirmed" bug sections for example.

Fair enough - I'm not sufficiently familiar with Tracdown to know about such issues.

If it's that bad why not go back to Bugzilla? Too much work porting everything across, I suspect.

Of course you should continue.

As can be seen by the long list of fixed bugs in the current beta, UI issues with the Trackdown didn't hold the USKP back a bit.

The Trackdown is working perfectly (i'll reword my above post to clarify this), it is only the interface, that could use improvements to speed up searches and give a quicker glance at recent activites.

nothing you would have to worry about when reporting a bug.

BTW: i like the AFK site layout much better than the old Bugzilla, i just wish it was more fleshed out for ease of use.

There are over 10,000 source files for scripts. I don't think that's going to be feasible :P

Once we have fixed several thousands of them, you might change your mind ... :grin:

Yeah, no, we're not going back to Bugzilla. If you guys think the UI for Tracdown is bad, Bugzilla is hideous. We made the move because something better was needed that wasn't a scatter-brain written mess, and at the same time also wasn't full of security holes like a lot of other tracker packages out there.

Sadly the code for Tracdown is too complex for me to follow (most IPB based code is, probably intentionally so) so there's nothing I can do about trying to fix it up here. Best any of us can do is report poorly done stuff and then forward those on to IPB to be addressed by Tracdown's author.

tbh even though i suggested half in gest, a steady progressive script bug fix approach is the best comprimise so that progress can still be felt

Yeah, no, we're not going back to Bugzilla. If you guys think the UI for Tracdown is bad, Bugzilla is hideous.

Actually, I had no problems as a Bugzilla user. For one thing, the search and categories worked pretty well. Dunno how it was to administer.

Man-o-manischewitz, I've not found the search here useful. And not possible across categories at all.

And I hate the status on the lower right. In Firefox, it's very hard to read or scroll.

One nice thing about Bugzilla was everything was a message. Status changes, comments, all nice and simple text. None of this scrolley boxes within boxes UI.

arthmoor, did you check the SprigganBearCompanion encounters as well for Brown/Black consistency? they seem odd.

Beta issues:

• Enthir's line needs the subtitle changed to match the audio.
  • Nelkir's subtitle in DA08NelkirDoorOpeningHintsTopic needs "this castle" changed to "the castle." Same for DA08NelkirHowDoYouKnowThis topic in DA08NelkirQuestStartsBranch
  • The DialogueWinterholdInnScene04 needs to only play when the Stormcloaks are in charge, not the Imperials.
  • The bed you're flagged to allow children to use needs the RaceToScale keyword removed, or else Hrefna will grow in size when using it. Better to replace the bed with a new USKP "child" version, since Hrefna owns it anyway.

Bump.

Typos in the USKP 2.0 changelog:

• unforseen -> unforeseen, th orc -> the orc
  • in game dialogue. HEr chest, HEr -> Her, LItemSpellTOmes50AllRestoration -> LItemSpellTomes50AllRestoration
  • persistence location -> persistent/persist? location
  • Rueful Axe has the wrong sound detection level set. (Bug #13457) #Actually it had its equip and unequip sounds changed. The sound detection change is from earlier version and is in the changelog already.
  • Ebony Blade (both versions) has the wrong impact data set and the wrong detection sound level set. (Bug #13457) #Actually it having wrong sound material was corrected, not impact data set (also corrected the detection sound level)
  • Keening has the wrong sheathing sounds. #does this include equipping it as well, as both equip and unequip sounds were fixed?
  • From Bug #13457 these fixes are missing from the changelog: the following battle axes (Steel 00013983 and dwarven 00013993) have WPNBlockAxeImpactSet [iPDS:000193C9] instead of WPNBashAxeImpactSet [iPDS:000193C8]. Also no mention of the Lunar weapons or the Kahvozeins Dagger, which inherit the properties so they were changed too.
  • Thane of Winterhold (Favor257) had the wrong value set for the objective display property. (Bug #13642) # this was not mentioned on the bug in question, only 256 and 258 are, though, using the bug number makes connecting where the fix comes from easier.
  • enabled  but -> enabled but
  • UV errors on the Whiterun temple corner pieces. #fixed also texture error
  • temple entrance halls, halls vs. hall
  • (Bug #13688) # is this retroactive or not, see bug for comments
  • (Bug #13493) # needs [NR]
  • DunValtuhumeQST -> DunValthumeQST
  • Prevents it from throwing errors in your inventory. (Bug #13670) # shouldn't that be "in your papyrus log"?
  • (Bug #13658) # needs [NR]
  • Covered gap with snow/ice wall (XX00538C) (Bug #13401) # what's with the X's
  • 4154D - Removed this rogue flying lean marker (Bug #13505) #removed? do we want to use this word as it might be confused with deleted?
  • C3837 - Removed this platter hidden inside a desk #same as above

From Bug #12440 discrepencies in the changelog:

• fortneugrad02 vs fortneugrad01
  • geirmundshall01->weatherfallforest missing from the changelog
  • bonechillpassage01->weathermountain missing from the changelog

Either the last two weren't included in the patch or then they got left out of the version history. Either way, I want to make sure that their omission from the log was intentional.

I think there are also some fixes included in the patch that are not mentioned in the version history, but I'll have to get back to you on that later.

Changelog cleanup is done :P

As fro 12440, not all of those were taken in so they won't all be in here. Unless you were saying they are and aren't listed.