The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Actually, I cannot wait to see everything scaled. Same like in Skyrim and other ES games. Currently, a lot of quests just don't make sense because if you are playing in Cyrodiil, you level up in no time, making some quests outgrown, trivially easy with zero reward.

Basically, the whole game will feel as in the current DLCs, can't see any problem in that, whatsoever! Not all monsters will feel the same. Try fighting IC monsters as a ~15lev character - VERY hard, if not impossible, because you lack good weapons, skills and passives.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/286412/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-5-8

Fixed an issue where it would appear as though you were unable to form or join a group (this was previously a UI issue).

What is this the 4th or 5th attempt to fix that?

Fixed an issue that was causing the game to crash for some players, ultimately causing unexpected server downtime.

I was getting some CTDs but not sure what they mean by causing unexpected server downtime.

I have never had a problem with group finder, at the start yes, but now, no. and Pete ESO was offline for many more hours than normal the other day, which was annoying because it was during my midday.

The group finder has been a massive pain in everyone's ass since Shadows of the Hist dropped. From our experience last night it seems to have been mostly fixed aside from a strange glitch that tried to put 5 of us in the same dungeon.

Still skeptical about this whole "One Tamriel" thing, but...

Monster Masks will drop 100% of the time from the final boss in Veteran mode.

Good news for people who are only casually doing these things to hunt for the gear :P I imagine one still has to hope for the right trait, but at least getting one at all will make that easier.

OOOooooo, the rumors were true!

We are currently experimenting with Personal Vendor options on the PTS. You may notice functionality that is not currently on the Live megaservers. Please enjoy these features on the PTS, which may or may not be available when we publish Update 12.

And finally an incentive to do this stuff:

Fighters Guild Bounties

• Updated the rewards from the Cyrodiil Fighters Guild Bounties.
    • These quests now award Alliance Points.
    • The Ornate item from the reward always scales to your level, all the way to CP160.
    • The reward will always contain a piece from the Cyrodiil’s Light, Ward, or Crest item sets.

The personal Vendor may cost 5000 crowns again like the banker, they should of added some way to be able to get them without that steep price, that is more than a DLC. 

That would suck if they made those cost crowns. No way I'm paying full DLC price to have an in-game vendor. That should be something drawn from in-game gold.

• 3 weeks later...

North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for maintenance – October 03, 2:00AM EDT (7:00 BST)

Looks like another global shutdown tonight (all the others are listed too).

Followed by the big one for Update 12:

North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for patch maintenance – October 05, 4:00AM EDT (9:00 BST)

Well, it looks like 50GB for me. Thanks Zeni! Your launcher corrupted the patch manifest and forced a full repair :|

btw Craglorn isn't soloable unless you are super strong, the main quest alone make me fight 3 world bosses and then go to 2 group delves. Who ever said that was talking shit and should be fired.

Craglorn
Craglorn has been re-designed so not all content will require a group to play.
  • The main story quests are now balanced for one player, and the remaining group content can be completed with as little as two players.

Good to know that it wasn't just me then. I was going crazy last night trying to figure out why I couldn't see the quest arrows (or markers) on the map and compass.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/296327/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-5

Monsters in Normal versions of dungeons have had their health increased to the correct levels.

Okay... :blink:  Seemed like they were plenty hard in normal Cradle of Shadows the other day.

Fixed an issue where some quest pins would not display on the compass or map.

That was frustrating. So much stuff I couldn't do without quest markers.

Well then I'm glad we did that dungeon when we did if they seriously think it needed buffing. Cause it certainly did not.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6

• Muhma the Stinger, Craglorn
    • This boss no longer attacks you while on the ceiling.

:D

Water obtained from bottles, backpacks, urns, and other world objects now scales appropriately to your level or passive rank, whichever is higher.

Good. I noticed they managed to mess that up.

Monsters in Normal Dungeons have had their power reduced, and boss monsters have had their health slightly increased.

Again?  :peer:

Crown Packs are on sale 40% off this week. If you were looking for a cheap way into any DLC you don't have, now's the time to buy!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/299553/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-7

Fixed an issue where your game could crash when tripping a trap in Hew’s Bane or the Gold Coast.

That sounds pretty bad.

Undaunted Delve daily quests will now properly cycle.

Didn't realize they weren't but okay.

• Monsters summoned by Dark Anchors can no longer be attacked before they land.
  • The Dread Flesh Colossus and Dread Grievous Twilight will now drop loot.

That explains why I noticed people killing them before they completely spawned.

Didn't realize any daedra ever dropped loot at anchors. :blink:

Undaunted Delve daily quests will now properly cycle.

Didn't realize they weren't but okay.

I noticed it, I got the same quest in 3 days in a row, and the 4th I got nothing.