The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Update 13 will include some sort of update to the main story, though they haven't said what this entails.

Am I weird if this intrigues me more than all that house stuff? :P

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/morrowind

It's official now. June 2017.

Will The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind be purchasable in the Crown Store?

No. The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is not a DLC game pack, and will not be available in the Crown Store to purchase. You'll need to purchase a copy from a retail store or as a separate digital download.

Well, that's significant, isn't it. Sitting on a pile of crowns and now there's nothing to spend them on.

8 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Well, that's significant, isn't it. Sitting on a pile of crowns and now there's nothing to spend them on.

That's kind of lame. They must want us to spend them on stuff like pets, mounts, followers, and so on. :peer:

Yep, unless they announce some sort of other DLC in between housing and the expansion, there won't be jack shit for at least 9 months.

I don't need their crown junk. I almost feel like I've been suckered, so I sure won't be buying more crowns until what I've got is almost gone.

Yeah, I'm really annoyed that I can't use some of the crowns I've bought get the expansion. That was a dirty move on their part. I don't need or want any of the junk they have in the store either; it's way overpriced.

They seem to only release major updates quarterly. 1st quarter is housing and now we know the Morrowind expansion will be 2nd quarter. So likely not anything worth getting until the 3rd quarter which will probably be September.

Just for shits and giggles I looked at the crown store prices for some of these houses. ARE THEY INSANE? They all cost MORE than any single DLC ever did, including the price for the standard edition of their entire Morrowind expansion!

Also, the single greatest change they made: Motif pages now stack. No more endless lists in the guild bank! I wonder if Roomba needs an update now.

Yeah, those homes prices are insane especially if you were to buy them using crowns which I wouldn't even consider

I don't know about Roomba. Can't recall it being one of the add-ons that needed an update, but maybe I missed it since I bulk updated like 5 or 6 at once on the day the Homestead stuff came out.

Edit: I checked in Minion and Roomba had an update on February 4th, so pretty sure any changes related to stacking motif pages were taken care even though the change log doesn't specifically mention it. But the listed log changes are a bit hard to understand for someone like me who's not a programmer so who knows.

Also, patch notes for big the Homestead update: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318838/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-5 (in case you haven't already seen them)

Latest patch notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6

Looks like they fixed a few things, but I don't see anything about treasure map chests. Was that actually ever an issue or was it just rumored that certain Homestead items weren't appearing like they should? :blink:  It would be kind of nice to be able to use those again since I have quite a few in my inventory, but if they're still broken that would stink.

Fixed an issue where other player characters could become invisible while in Cyrodiil.

Not sure if Lorelai will be pleased about this or not. It seems that they discovered her secret to ganking all those people in PvP. :troll:

• Fixed an issue that was causing you to be unexpectedly returned to the character selection menu.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when changing zones or using a wayshrine.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur after attacking a Sentinel in the Wailing Prison.
  • Fixed a crash that was tied to previewing furnishings.

So many crash fixes. :stare:

• Fixed an issue where the tooltip for the Grim Harlequin style would occasionally display as “UNUSED 21”.

Ah, so that explains what the "Unused 21" style actually is. Looks like Grim Harlequin is a crown-store only style. :peer:

Yep, told you. CraftStore already knew what the pages were and I guess that's why it had the crown symbol. So the addon guys were ahead of the bug fixers at ZoS :P

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321575/re-patch-notes-treasure-map-chests-not-fixed

Treasure maps have not been fixed yet. You would think adding something to a loot table would take like 3 seconds, but I guess not?

The patch on 2/20/17: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/323296/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-7

Master Writ invitations and Master Writ quests that previously required you to craft an item in the Deadly Strike set now require an item in the Death’s Wind set instead.

• This is a retroactive fix, and any affected Master Writs will still award the originally promised number of Writ Vouchers.

No mention of increased drop chances for Master Writs. :peer:

Fixed an issue where Ra Gada motif chapters and Ancient Sandstone (the Ra Gada style item) could be found in treasure map chests across Tamriel, instead of specifically in Craglorn. These items are now limited to a variety of Craglorn sources, as originally intended.

Looks like they finally got around to fixing it this time. We won't have to hold on to all of the treasure map anymore now. :D

• Made several adjustments to the places Decorative Wax can be found. These changes increase the overall availability of Decorative Wax, and make finding it a more consistent experience.
    • Decorative Wax now comes from a wider variety of sources, including insects and other chitinous creatures, wasp nests, barrels, urns, alchemy bottles, cabinets, cupboards, and backpacks.
    • Reduced the chance to obtain Decorative Wax from several sources that were dropping wax more often than intended.
    • Fruits, vegetables, and meats found in the world no longer have a chance drop Decorative Wax.
    • Plentiful Harvest no longer applies to furnishing materials found from the sources listed above.
  • Plentiful Harvest no longer applies to Clean Pelts.

Not sure if this is good or bad. Sounds like they added a number of additional places where Decorative Wax can be found, but the plentiful harvest perk no longer works for wax, pelts, and maybe other furnishing materials.

• Fixed an issue that could cause long or seemingly-infinite load screens in zones containing a high density of player characters.

Good. That was annoying. At least the few times it did happen to me.

No, they still have not fixed treasure map chests. The issue was that they're not dropping paintings, it had nothing to do with motif pages, which I never saw one do ever. So don't spend your treasure maps yet, because you'll still get screwed.

38 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

No, they still have not fixed treasure map chests. The issue was that they're not dropping paintings, it had nothing to do with motif pages, which I never saw one do ever. So don't spend your treasure maps yet, because you'll still get screwed.

Well crap, that seems lazy of them. Luckily I haven't used any treasure maps yet. Guess it'll be at least another week before they fix that then, assuming they don't start skipping patches for a while again. :peer:

30 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

I don't know how they managed it, but they broke the game to the point where it might just be unplayable: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/323416/new-patch-stats-are-1-4-ish-of-what-they-were

:facepalm: That's really bad. Seems like when you think they can't break stuff any worse, they do.

30 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Oh okay, good. That would have been really bad to have to deal with for a whole week. :|

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/325237/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-8#latest

Treasure chests found by following treasure maps now have a small chance to contain painting furnishings.

• Note: This does not apply to Collector’s Edition treasure maps, which continue to grant their previous rewards.

Took them long enough. :peer: Also, had to look it up but these "Collector's Edition treasure maps"  are apparently the ones that come with an Explorer's Pack for those that per-ordered the game.  :blink:

• Made additional fixes for the issue where your game could crash when changing zones or using a wayshrine.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause long or seemingly-infinite load screens in zones containing a high density of player characters.

More crash fixes. :xmastroll:

Yeah, I wish they would too. Something makes me think the drop rates are deliberately low, but there's probably something broken too if I had to guess. Same thing with the surveys, they don't drop often enough.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327347/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-9

Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended.

Those did seem like they were being awarded less often than other kinds of master writs. The trouble is that t seems like the overall drop rate for master writs is too low.

Yeah, I got my first provisioning one the other night after all this time. A measly 2 vouchers for purple food.

• 2 weeks later...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

This patch largely contains a number of fixes for unreleased and future content that is not yet available, including things for future in-game holidays and events, so don’t worry! You’ll see it one day. We are still working on fixes for a number of reported issues including those with the Grouping Tool, issues surrounding Bolt Escape, and more. The size of today’s patch is approximately 1GB in size.

Privacy policy and future content. 1 GB. Seems like a whole lot of nothing. :peer: