The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Looooving the game so far! :D It feels like a mixture of Oblivion, a bit of Skyrim and something very fresh and new. Loving the detail they put and how optimized and well it performs on high settings with ambient occlusion. I already bought all DLCs.
I certainly miss the Skyrim atmospherics. There's no "Falkareth in rain" atmosphere anywhere, nor the misty marshes and mountains. Reminds me again how beautiful Skyrim is. But that's not against ESO - the game is beautiful in its own way, using incredibly detailed visuals and smooth animation. I so love the way they made Fullscreen windowed mode! Wishing the same could be implemented in Skyrim.

The quests have been all good and rewarding so far, if a bit short in terms of deep exploration, but I understand this is a MMO. I'm hooked!

• 2 weeks later...

A 320 MB patch today with a few new fixes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/240493/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-2-9

Fixed an issue that was causing many fishing holes in Wrothgar to not grant fish if three or more people were fishing together. Fishing with your buddies is a time-honored tradition in Wrothgar, and is once again supported.

Don't know what took them so long with this one. That was messed up.

Fixed an issue that was preventing you from looting the dungeon boss Praxin Douare upon defeating him.

They finally decided to fix that; apparently it has always been a problem. Some of you who haven't done many group dungeons probably weren't aware of it.

Yes, it is pretty big. I suspect they're adding content into our games for the next DLC. They did the same thing well before Orsinium was released with some really large patches and then when the supposed "big" patch with the DLC launch came along, it turned out that its size was very small in comparison.

:D Yeah, they probably should but apparently you get the content on your PC regardless of whether you actually buy the DLCs or not. Seems like the wrong way to go about things to me too.

It's funny, I remember when I bought those two DLCs, the game was like "okay, thanks for the crowns/money, now go play it" I was like, no, wait, when will DL start? So I logged off and restarted the game, but there was no download. So I figured.
But it's not bad. I guess they wanted us to buy stuff in the crowns store and then seamlessly use whatever we bought there.

I cannot wait for them to implement the new Champion points system and get rid of the veteran marks. Hoping I won't hit the vet level until then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it looks interesting from what they've announced so far. Pretty sure the 64-bit game client thing is something that everyone with get with the patch that comes at the same time as the DLC  regardless of whether they purchase the DLC or not. That is assuming they have a 64-bit OS.

If anyone is looking to join up on the AFK guild send me an in-game message @Lore_lai. If I'm not online on your time, Pete is and he can add you too. 

We can help you out with mats and stuff cos it can be rough when you're just starting out! :)

:volcano:  Also, I re-rolled AD for PvP. Time to hunt Pete in the sewers dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUN!  :volcano:

:volcano:  Also, I re-rolled AD for PvP. Time to hunt Pete in the sewers dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUN!  :volcano:

Oh no. Not that.  :frantics:

Also, yeah I think I have sufficient privileges to add people. You can send a message to @BlackPete84 (that's my ESO username). I can also answer questions about pretty much anything in the game too if Lorelai is busy in PvP or offline or something. :troll:

If anyone is looking to join up on the AFK guild send me an in-game message @Lore_lai. If I'm not online on your time, Pete is and he can add you too. 

We can help you out with mats and stuff cos it can be rough when you're just starting out! :)

I want to join, don't know if you received my message? The game didn't give me the suggestion for @Lore_lai when I typed it though.

I want to join, don't know if you received my message? The game didn't give me the suggestion for @Lore_lai when I typed it though.

Are you on the North American or European megaserver? If you're on the European server then that's the problem, because the guild is on the North American.