The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

^ Yeah, thanks. I used to have v-sync on, but just noticed that it was off after deleting the user settings file. Forgot to turn it on again. Will try this evening and see the results.

BlackPete, just go to Documents, ESO \ liveeu (or na) and delete UserSettings & Shadercache files. By deleting the usersettings you'll have to setup the game settings again. But these two fixed it.

In fact, Zenimax recommends deleting usersettings as the first ting to do when someone experiences purple items and characters.

They tend to recommend people faf about with their configs, hardware, and drivers a lot though even when the problem is clearly theirs. I suspect purging cache files will only help for so long before the issue returns.

Yeah, well, they said they would fix this no matter what, but deleting these two files helped. I don't see any purple stuff anymore. I also fixed torn screen with v-sync on. The only major issue left is the sound & music bugs in 64bit.

I think Monday or so will be the day for the incremental patch.

Thieves Troves are now correctly spawning in randomized locations around the world.  This resolves an issue where more Thieves Troves were active at any given time than intended.

"Randomized." Ha, locations seem pretty fixed to me, and the respawn rates are really high. I found one zone where I could run in a circle, "grinding" troves.

Opening a stolen shipment in an Outlaws Refuge will no longer occasionally increase your bounty.

But that's a pretty good fix.

lol, so much for trove farming loops or counting on them being in set places as you're coming back to the guild :P

I apparently never opened a stolen shipment inside an Outlaw Refuge. Didn't get hit by that.

Good that they fixed the one door on Velmont Manor. Ran into that one, but fortunately there was another way inside.

No fix for Cultural Affections. I am disappointed. That bear will have to wait for another day I guess.

Another patch this week: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/254682/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-7

Cultural Affections: You will now be able to collect the bear musk from the corpse.

Got that one fixed finally. Still not sure how I ever got through that quest unless one of the patches broke it after Orsinium came out.

Mage Guards will no longer teleport you into places that are impossible to escape from.

:rofl: That's probably good.

64-bit game client:

Made further improvements to the issue where you could see pink or missing textures. This is an on-going work in progress.

I guess this means they still didn't fix it completely and I don't see anything about fixing the delays and other bugs with the audio. :peer:

Adjusted the safeboxes across Tamriel to appear much more frequently.

• This is to facilitate Thieves Guild Safebox questing.
  • The average value of the items found in Safeboxes has been reduced accordingly to account for the increased frequency.

Yeah, great, make these things even more worthless than they already are. The chests were spawning just fine. I never had any issues with finding one when needed, except on the first night the DLC was out.

• 2 weeks later...

New patch out today, ~350MB.

Of note:

Fixed an issue where you were able to obtain multiple Mundus Stone buffs.
  • Developer Note: We have completely overhauled the Mundus Stone buff system, fixing several issues in the process. All characters with active Mundus Stone buffs will have them removed upon login. The Mundus Stone buff system now remembers the order in which the buffs were applied, and removes buffs in the correct order when using the Twice-Born Star item set.

Previously mentioned it was only supposed to remove exploits, later confirmed by Gina that EVERYONE has lost ALL of their Mundus Stone buffs and that the patch notes were incorrect as initially posted. Good one guys. Guess there's gonna be lots of people hanging around the stones now :P

Crafting & Economy
General
  • Fixed an issue where certain high-level swords crafted in the Outlaw style had the incorrect visual. This will affect previously crafted swords, which will now appear in the correct Outlaw style.

I wondered about that sword I made.... :P

Link to the patch notes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256434/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-8

That's good they fixed that exploit. Sounds like that was giving people in PvP an unfair advantage.

Justice System

Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the bounty meter to temporarily display a lower bounty than you actually possessed; now, guards will no longer accost you while you appear to have no bounty.

That's an odd one, didn't notice it myself.

Grouping Tool

Fixed an issue where, after forming a group, you could no longer see messages from your group members or their information would disappear from the UI.

I did notice this issue. Was wondering why people's information was missing.

Hey girls and guys, what is your primary way of healing and shielding from physical attacks as a magicka sorc and non-vet?

No matter what I do, I somehow feel that I can be easily killed when approached, or to say it differently, my healing needs improving. I still don't have the conjured ward, I'm still far from that, level 23 Deadric. I have a good spell shielding though, but sword attacks can kill me rather easily and I'm unable to significantly re-heal.

New patch:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259437/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-9

Audio
General

• Fixed an issue where audio could fail to update after zoning to a new area.

64-bit Client
  • Made some improvements to situations where the sound could disappear during combat.

Maybe that will finally solve some of the annoying audio issues in the game. At least one can hope.

64-bit Client

• Made additional improvements to situations where you could see pink or missing textures.
  • Fixed an issue where you could experience a memory leak

This might be good news too.

No, THIS is good news :P

Fixed an issue where abilities that failed to cast due to invalid locations or invalid targets would still charge the caster resources

You have no idea how many times I've gone farming in Wrothgar and wondered why nothing was happening only to notice my Magicka was still being depleted because of some mystery reason when trying to attack something.

You have no idea how many times I've gone farming in Wrothgar and wondered why nothing was happening only to notice my Magicka was still being depleted because of some mystery reason when trying to attack something.

Ah okay. I didn't know what they were referring to there. Now I get it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I knew it. PTS almost always means one month to release. Looks like they won't have time to actually fix stuff then, as usual. We'll be getting patches for stuff this DLC did well into 2017 :troll:

You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.

Ouch. Best be careful out there stone hunters :troll:

Seriously pissed off by their decision to ditch the potency runes and make them available at the vendors for purchase.

Update: they are still listening! Runes will be back, sort of. Still work in progress, but at least this ridiculous idea won't be implemented.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of removing potency runes either. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to remove them other than to make them much harder (and more expensive) to obtain. I've also heard from several people that they may reverse that decision when the DLC comes out, which would certainly be nice.

If there's a thread where this is being discussed on the ESO forum, that would be nice. I don't like the idea of moving potency runes to vendors and removing them from rune nodes. Seems like all that would accomplish is to drain gold from people in a silly attempt to make vendors more relevant.

Or... cynical me says: This is how they want to goad people into buying Crown Store vendors.

^ There's a thread for every change they plan to make in the PTS forum. The whole community was criticizing this (potency runes) and they responded saying they will leave them in game. There will be a 1/3 chance to get a potency rune, not as it used to be, but at least it will be available in the wild. So kudos to Zenimax for listening to the crowd now.

Not really sure I see the point in them doing anything to rune nodes at all, but ok. I saw the thread you were talking about. I just didn't feel like wading into dozens of pages of crap to see who objected to what. :P