The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Let me guess...

...you saw this coming. :troll:

Well, yes. It was just about time. 

Not only will a general thread keep things organized here, for whoever is interested, but I can also make a collection of helpful articles/links/places that you can go to in case you need info.

Without further ado, let's get this started. (also, I fail at formatting - shocking, I know)

'Tis the year 582 of the Second Era and Nirn needs YOU!

Stand together and help drive the evil back!

OFFICIAL SITE

We have also formed an AFK Mods in-game guild. If you wish to join, please contact me via PM here, on AFK forums, or in-game via email at @Lore_lai. 

Helpful links.

(this might be a bit messy until we collect more things)

General go-to place that I personally recommend for guides, builds and a lot of ESO info and great knowledge. (Deltias Gaming) 

Tamriel Foundry - a great place not only for guilds but also for Class theory-crafting. You can find lots of good advice there and great builds. (thanks for reminding me, JC :) )

Comprehensive Alchemy guide with all you need to know. For all you alchemist out there, that is a very good thread and got me started with Alchemy.

Check the spoiler tag (nice table of alchemy ingredients with their effects) and the Google doc for handy potions! 

Want to see how your armor will look with various materials/racial designs before you craft it so that you don't waste materials? :PGo Here And use the Armor drop-down and choose your category there. 

Crafted Sets Info (with locations for crafting stations). - remember! some of these craftable sets provide really nice bonuses, even for those that require few traits researched.

ADDONS

ESOTU allows the use of user created AddOns to enhance the gameplay (UI, research assistants, etc.)

You can find lots of AddOns HERE and you can choose to manage them through the Minion app or install manually.

I highly recommend: Destinations | LoreBooks | SkyShards | AI Research Grid | Lost Treasure | Circonians FilterIt for starters.

Some you might not want, it's up to personal preference (like not wanting to know where the treasure maps treasures are and want to find yourself - although Lost Treasure is configurable so you can turn that one off), so take a look on the site and see what fits your needs. :)

That's about it for now. If anyone needs more help or is interested in a particular thing, let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to gather the info and link it here.

Happy hunting!

• 1 month later...

I see a lot more eso pictures recently. Who of you is currently playing? Any specific timezones you are all around? Are night blades fun to play?

@Gruftlord: Several of us are playing. Myself I'm usually on after 9pm Pacific time most nights.

@All: Heads up for the big 40GB+ patch today. Plan ahead so you're ready to play your normal times :P

(it appears as though it simply redownloaded the entire game - inefficiency at its finest)

For some reason it was "only" a little bit over 6GB for me, although it may have been more since I think there was a secondary patch after the initial 6GB or so. :troll:  Still took around two hours to download and install, so yeah, good idea to plan ahead.

Also don't forget to check up on any addons you're using to see when they update. This API update with the patch screwed a couple of mine over and they've yet to get fixed.

For those of you (like me) who don't have a super fast internet connection - another patch was released today. Not quite as big as the last one (which was 10GB), but still rather large at just over 6GB.

Heh, strange update process indeed, I only got one about 300MB or so. This game is all over the map when it comes to updates.

BTW, this patch note:

Fixed an issue that was causing the game to crash when using certain addons to automatically stack items of the same type.

Seems like tacit approval of things like Roomba to me. Why fix issues causes by stuff you don't' allow if you don't allow it? :P

Seems like tacit approval of things like Roomba to me. Why fix issues causes by stuff you don't' allow if you don't allow it? :P

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I guess they must not care as much as they claimed to in the forums about people using those types of plugins. :D

Another patch today - apparently only 160MB this time. Not a huge number of fixes either but at least they did fix a few things.

Fixed an issue where you could not jump to your full height while crouched.

I think several people might be happy about this. Guess either it wasn't deliberate after all or enough people complained. :troll:

What the Heart Wants (Coldharbour): We had a chat with Stibbons about his stubbornness, and he will no longer leave or refuse to move on the quest step to defend him.

And this - finally they fixed this ridiculous quest bug. I suspect at least one person might remember having trouble with it not long ago.

Oh good. Two things that actually bit me while playing. Too bad the Stibbons thing got fixed AFTER I rolled through that :P

We'll ignore the fact that I had no idea who that was or why I should care about him until after I got to Glenumbra. Post-MQ plot inconsistencies :P

Oh, and this too:

• Medium Armor
    • Agility: Fixed an issue which was preventing this passive from providing its bonus.

I thought something was fishy when I spent those points :P

OK - regarding addons I use - please keep in mind that I use quite a few of them and it would make no point in me listing all of them as recommended, especially since we each have different requirements (PvE, PvP, crafting, grouping with large +20 groups ect.).

For example I use PapaCrown simply for when I am in PvP with big group because it makes the crown (group leader) way easier to see in the madness that is going on in PvP big battles.

The addons I have listed are just as a guideline and to point others in the direction of the addon site. :)

Happy hunting!

Also,

:wub: !!!STIBBONS!!! :wub:

Another patch today. It is 1.5GB in size. Doesn't appear that they fixed anything especially noteworthy other than some Imperial City DLC/Cyrodiil stuff and some kind of potential crashing/freezing issues on load screens.

Attribute bars will now disappear while a long term food effect is active.

Oh good, I thought that had to be a bug :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's downloading an awful lot of stuff for what seems pretty minor.

Yeah, it was a rather large patch. I suspect a good portion of it may have something to do with the upcoming Orsinium DLC (scheduled to be released on 11/2/15) since it is now available for testing on the ESO Public Test Server.

I saw the trailer, it looks rather charming with its clunky camera and their focus on stuff i wouldn't expect from an mmo.

So, how does that work with the 3 factions? Are you all playing in the same one?

They set it up so that each faction (or alliance) is "instanced" separately in the game, so if you want to be able to do dungeons and other stuff together with others you need to be part of the same alliance. So in other words, if you play in a different alliance than your friends, you could only meet them in Cyrodiil in PvP and they will be the enemy. We're all playing in the Ebonheart Pact right now.

:imp:  BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!  :imp:

We'll have no smurfs/blueberries or bananas in here!

*DISCLAIMER! This does not apply to smurfs/blueberries or bananas carrying LARGE amounts of Tel-Var stones - they can "safely" wander through and then...oh yeaaaah, cha-ching!

Another patch today (only 140MB?). Not seeing anything in the notes about fixing the server lag which probably is not a good sign.  :peer:

Coldharbour

• Light From the Darkness: The beams from the crystals will now remain lit longer when you interact with them.

^ That was an annoying problem. At least they fixed something.

:imp:  BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!  :imp:

We'll have no smurfs/blueberries or bananas in here!

*DISCLAIMER! This does not apply to smurfs/blueberries or bananas carrying LARGE amounts of Tel-Var stones - they can "safely" wander through and then...oh yeaaaah, cha-ching!

Nope, wouldn't want that. :D  I'll have to keep that in mind while in the Imperial City with a DC or AD character. :troll:

Launcher is still super ridiculously slow so that's not a good sign either.

This patch was pathetic :peer: