The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358419/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-11

General

• Updated the text on the skill refund notification to be more accurate.
  • Fixed an issue where you could farm some groups of monsters in unintended ways.

"Unintended ways." :huh:

Grouping Tool

• Fixed an issue where you could be placed back into a queue after accepting the Ready Check, or after a group forms, without any discernable reason.
  • Fixed an issue where you would receive a message that a player joining a group declined the Ready Check even if they accepted.

More "fixes" for the grouping tool. :troll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I returned to the ESO big time... feel embarrassed by my post in the General stuff, but better leave it die than write something there again. :X

Anyway, crowns are on sale, just to let you guys know.

Yep. I'd buy some but I already have over 13000 even after buying Horns of The Reach. There's nothing else to spend crowns on :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They need a more efficient process then. 110MB for 2 tiny junk fixes is ridiculous.

New patch:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378310/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-7

Looks like they fixed some stuff.

Of Knives and Long Shadows: Fixed an issue where the conversation with Lilatha would occasionally not advance, preventing you from completing this quest.

Seems like they fixed the problem with completing the pre-DLC quest for Clockwork City.

Fixed an issue where your game could crash when viewing artificially-created item links in chat.

:huh: I didn't realize that was even a thing you could do.

Oh good, I can get that quest out of my books tonight then :P

Even though I'm well into the Clockwork City at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New patch with a few new fixes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/384802/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-11

• Sees-All-Colors will once again appropriately accompany you to the Centurion’s chamber. You will also no longer see duplicate Sees-All-Colors; there is only one that can see all colors.

:blink:

Fixed an issue where you could get a long loading screen after attempting to resurrect in Cyrodiil.

I suppose @Lorelai might be happy about this. :xmastroll:

I just finally broke down & bought Morrowind + Tamriel Unlimited. Complete "noob" here, the only MMO I ever got into was Star Trek Online. @Lorelai or others, can you recommend a good guild for newcomers if you guys don't want fresh meat like me mucking things up in the AFK guild?

Hardly anybody is playing that is in the AFK Mods guild right now. Seems like mostly Lorelai, Shroob, and sometimes myself (at least for the time being). I don't think anybody would have a problem with you joining it; it's just that there likely won't be very many members online. We'd need to know your ESO user name though to add you.

As far as other guilds go, I don't know about any good ones specifically for new people. I'm in two trading guilds but have no idea when they recruit people. They're called Red Nirn Reserve and The Mercantile (if it matters). Most people in those seem nice enough, but I don't really participate in anything in them except trading.

Oi, there's different guilds just for trading? Sheesh, I really need to read up on this game. I just jumped in head first for about 6-8 hours of game time before realizing I was pretty lost. LOL I like the open exchange system they have in STO (Star Trek Online). My first and only real experience with MMOs. there, everybody can access a "market" and post things up for sale, regardless of affiliation. I guess I thought it worked that way in other MMO's. Thanks BlackPete. I'll get some knowledge & experience under my belt, then maybe I'll be of more use to you PrinceShroob & Lorelai. Hey, at least we're in the same time zone! :) (You and I, anyway)

Guess I still don't know what your ESO username is so if you decide you'd like to join the AFK Mods guild you can let us know.

People on the ESO forum have been asking for a global auction house for eons to break the stranglehold guild vendors have on things. I think they really need to do this with one auction house in each of the alliance capitals. It would be a welcome addition to the game for those of us who don't play enough to maintain a trade guild membership and don't have a guild of our own large enough to have a vendor stall.