The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In all honesty though, Pve outside of vet trials is way way too easy. You can solo normal dungeons, 2 or 3 man most vet dungeons, normal trials always have half the people in heavy or spamming wrecking blow, most the world bosses are soloable, VMA is pretty easy to finish now, 4 dps can do just about any pledge - no need for tanks or healers...

I see people regularly spew stuff like this on the official ESO forum. Exactly what kind of uber-build does one need in order to do the things claimed here? Cause to me it sounds like hogwash, or the result of cheating, and the person is just too dumb to keep their mouth shut about it.

Yeah, I heard about the nerfs that were coming because somehow people are finding way to solo things they shouldn't be able to. Even though I get why they're doing it, the whole thing doesn't exactly make me happy because it's already hard enough to make a build that can do decent damage, especially if you're not able to get the top level stuff that is "bind on pickup" from veteran trial dungeons.

The trouble is people that make these really powerful builds are always going to find a way to be more powerful than most other players since it seems like they have way too much time on their hands. Nerfing things may prevent them from soloing trials and group dungeons, but they'll still find a way to have a distinct advantage by spamming certain abilities that are out of balance with everything else. ZoS has done this before and it seems that it ends up hurting regular players like us far more than it does these people they think it will. Pretty sure that the type of people who get nasty with you when things don't go perfectly in a dungeon run are the same ones who take advantage of exploits in the game and/or cheat in some other way.

Just started ESO during the free week not that long ago.  Is the guild mentioned in the first post still active?  Are there any other recommendations for guilds to join?  I'm not so much looking for hand-holding through the game, but would like to have a source of help if needed.  I have no other means of communicating while playing aside from the in-game chat, which I've only started to figure out.  As such that most likely rules out any guilds which have discord or similar as a requirement.

Yeah, the guild is still active though it's not large. Best we can offer is a guild bank at the moment. Not all of us are on as regularly as we used to be either.

No, but what they did fix was at least relevant to everyone.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345258/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-5-morrowind-update-14#latest

The patch for Morrowind and Update 14 is huge (8-10GB). Also, I don't think it's supposed to be available until June 6th, so they must be trolling us. :toddtroll: ? :blink:

The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a maximum of 630 Champion Points. The Champion Point experience curve has been automatically adjusted with this new cap, so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.

Sounds like they've "rebalanced" the Champion Point system too.

Fixed an issue where hands from female NPCs would clip through their arms when their arms were crossed.

:rofl:

Standing still while in combat with a Dark Anchor now causes an an extraplanar charge to gradually accumulate at your location. A charge that has built to critical levels explodes, damaging those who contributed to its growth and significantly reducing their health recovery.

:stare:

The drop rate for Sealed Enchanting Writs now scales more smoothly with your number of known rune translations.

• Note: The maximum drop rate is unchanged.

I hope this is a good thing and won't make it harder to get them than it already is.

• Fixed an issue where the right front leg from the Great Elk mount would bend unnaturally and painfully while rearing up.
  • The Great Elk mount no longer appears to have an overbite.

:lmao:

Grouping Tool

• Fixed an issue where you could get teleported out of a dungeon after entering it when using the Grouping Tool.
  • Fixed an issue where you would occasionally not receive your rewards for completing a random dungeon.
  • Fixed an issue where you would occasionally see some status messages such as “Activity Completed” at the incorrect times.

Took them long enough.

I've heard that Morrowind is going into early access release on PC, but for people like me who preordered collector editions, we still won't get those until after June 6, so I'm staying out until I get that cause spoilers are everywhere.

Yeah, somehow I got early access to it, even though it was only last week that I bought the $40 upgrade. For some reason I thought that deal expired weeks ago. Either way, don't worry because I won't spoil anything. I'm not even sure I'll get very far into the new content before the rest of you get it on June 6th anyway.

For those who aren't already aware, there's an introduction quest for Morrowind that was added in a patch a couple weeks ago. It's actually a pretty good length for an ESO quest and is probably something you will want to complete before getting into the expansion itself. The quest giver seems to appear in various locations like inns and banks. On my main character he appeared in the Mournhold bank building and on an alternate character he appeared in the inn in Shornhelm.

I did the intro quest already. The NPC showed up in an inn in Riften for me while I was on a thieving run :P

• 2 weeks later...

Most recent patch notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349675/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-7

Furnishings

• Fixed an issue where the “Lantern of Anguish” achievement furnishing was slightly brighter than intended. The lantern once again has a subtle red glow, instead of blazing brighter than the mid-day sun.

:stare:

Eastmarch

• Best of the Best: Fixed an issue where the rabbits you hunted would not correctly count towards this quest.

:bunnytroll:

• 2 weeks later...

That article seems suspicious, but if Matt Firor did say that then it he's probably trolling people. The fact that it's a completely online / multiplayer game means it fits in the MMO category.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/355480/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-10#latest

Grouping Tool

• Fixed an issue where you would be removed from a queue when trying to re-queue immediately after declining a Ready Check.  
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent other players from being found for your group if your first replacement declined the invite.
  • Fixed an issue where you would not be put back into a queue after attempting to form a group when another player would not accept the Ready Check due to being inactive.

Apparently they've "fixed" the grouping tool yet again. :troll: