The Big ESO thread.

Lorelai

Console vs PC also matters in case that's not obvious. Console players don't share the same servers as PC.

Are you on the North American or European mega-server? If you're on the European server then that's the problem, because the guild is on the North American.

Ah, that explains it. I'm on the European. We should have an EU AFK subsidiary guild. :P

^ I'm a relative newcomer, been playing for 2 and a half months and it's tons of fun. There's so much to see and do and I feel like I just scratched the surface. I had my doubts as well, ES being O seemed NO, but it totally clicked with me. I was very wrong with the assumptions and prejudices. Skyrim and ESO are now my favourite games. :)

I agree with Maboleth. I don't know how it played during the subscription days, but the game is quite enjoyable and there's TONS of stuff to do. You don't even need to join groups to do 95% of it if you don't want to, but when you have a good group, the group content is quite fun too.

All right. Dropped $40 on the Imperial Edition. Hope it doesn't suck, so I can alternate between this and Battlefield 4.

Not that the subscription-based ESO sucked. I just felt that there wasn't much direction, but that might have been due to the beta constraints.

Can anyone here on the NA server craft a 5-piece Hunding's Rage and 3-piece Ashen Grip set of medium armor for Level 15? WTB

I can help you with crafting those armor sets. Just send an in-game mail message to @BlackPete84 and include details about what exactly you want including style, traits, and anything else that may be relevant.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...yessss...you guys should totally consider PvP. huehuehue  :devil:

My baby DK is almost ready to leap and whip!  :whip:

Yes, dungeons are always fun. When the Thieves Guild DLC releases they are apparently going to allow people to mix alliances in group dungeons. Right now the only way you can do that is through the group finder which is really annoying from my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

The Thieves Guild DLC is coming out at some point today. Looks like the patch is going to be large (4-6GB depending on which server you use).

Patch notes: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251063/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-3-5

Something important from the patch notes:

"If you want to use the 64-bit client for PC, you will need to manually launch the executable file (ESO64.exe) from your ESO install directory."

Edit: Looks like they're done with maintenance now and apparently there are some problems with the 64-bit client.  :troll:  http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251134/eso64-exe-cannot-start

For me, installing this  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632  (like suggested in the thread) solved the issue.

That doesn't work for me as i have a newer version, but i haven't been able to test it out yet anyway, because my internet is being a arse. half a megabyte download speed.

EDIT: yep, i had no problem, i think as long as you are up to date with the Windows things it will be okay.

They have this whole testing server they had this DLC on for 6 weeks. They caught none of this? With all those people who had to have noticed these things wrong?

Seems as though their public testing server is basically equivalent to Skyrim's beta patches in that people report stuff but the developers for the most part ignore them.

So that thing you saw with the purple/pink textures... appears to be a pretty common bug with some people using the 64 bit client. Apparently that ALSO got reported on the test server but was never addressed.

It figures that was the case. I was right to refuse to believe it was my hardware and drivers that were to blame.

I've had no issues with the x64 client, although I think they should have increased the Lua memory limit for it, which is a weird thing to not do.

I've had no issues with the x64 client, although I think they should have increased the Lua memory limit for it, which is a weird thing to not do.

I had the same problem with it running out of Lua memory. If you're not aware already, it can be adjusted by editing the "SET LuaMemoryLimitMB" setting in "UserSettings.txt" located (by default) under "Documents\ElderScrollsOnline\Live".

It figures that was the case. I was right to refuse to believe it was my hardware and drivers that were to blame.

It definitely isn't your drivers or hardware. That big battle we just grouped for at Unfinished Dolmen had a whole bunch of purple textures and is also where I got hit with the Lua error so I wonder if running low on Lua memory had something to do with it.

I'm also pretty sure the Lua memory issue is what caused the ILS I had that forced me out of the game last night. Hopefully setting that to 256 instead of 64 will put that to rest :P

Hey guys, I had the same problem. Deleting the userdata file and shader cache + restarting the game fixed the purple issue. The only problem left now on my end with 64bit (though much less pronounced now) is the sound. Also when I'm running there can be a strange "line" about 2/3 of the monitor, like 1/3 of the screen is a bit slower than 2/3 so there's a disjoint in graphics. Happens only with sudden speed changes. But I have 75-80fps in the wild. Never happened before (60 was the max).

Interesting - didn't realize there were cache files. I keep getting the pink/purple issue with various things in the game, but for some reason restarting the game alone (without deleting any cache files) solves it for me, at least temporarily. It seems as though ZoS has some graphics issues they need to work out with the 64-bit client still, but for the most part it's been working pretty well for me.

It is a good idea to use v-synch to avoid the screen tearing. I've also had troubles with tearing when I have my display mode set to "full screen windowed" even with v-synch enabled for some odd reason so I always keep it set to normal full screen mode.