[Relz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

None of which has a thing to do with the script that's complaining. All that script is doing is unlocking the SE Gate when the gate guard at the north side of the city lets the player in by unlocking the north gate.

Well, If you'd zip up and post the missing psc, I'll try to figure out why the setstage 30 isn't happening -- while you work on today's site transition....

You never posted the source as requested above.

Drahff and Hewnon don't work properly, either. If you walk past them during their initial scene (as I always do/did in vanilla), they don't attack as you come back the first time.

I've checked, and the quest is running, stage 20 1, stage 30 0. But he's not patrolling, and the forcegreet isn't working. Their quest Hello dialogue (for after you've passed the test) isn't working either. It's like the quest has given up the ghost.

TES5Edit says you changed the persuade to intimidate, and downgraded Drahff's aggressiveness. But those shouldn't affect it.

As I said, that script has nothing to do with whatever you're trying to figure out. All it does is unlock the gate. It was attached to an INFO that doesn't have a script in vanilla.

Here's my fixes to Drahff and Hewnon. Instead of removing the global references, just switched the sense. Prettier in TES5Edit and allows turning it off again for testing.

Put the two patrol packages in Drahff base, swapped with forcegreet in the alias. Left everything else in place, including aggressiveness. Not adding Enemy faction. Added Hello flag to Hewnon's mislabeled (DDR -> DRR) after package, so he can say his one Hello line.

Now, it behaves as vanilla. You can walk past during scene (as always), but the forcegreet works on the way back (as vanilla). Persuade works as designed, and is credited to experience per vanilla script.

Found a couple of other mistakes for USKP: a potion partially embedded in a wall, and a drip sound in the same wall (moved to tunnel behind grate and potion).

[remove old code, 3 downloads]

But on the 4th test, the forcegreet didn't happen, and I can walk right by again. Apparently, I was lucky in the first 3 tests, as he was already facing me at the bottom, getting ready to turn around. Only happens at the top and bottom? Hmph! :(

Also, you were right on the 2 scripts to add the StartCombat(), as otherwise even aggressive he's kinda slow to start combat.

But is the faction manipulation really needed? It's commented out in vanilla.

Also, you were right on the 2 scripts to add the StartCombat(), as otherwise even aggressive he's kinda slow to start combat.

But is the faction manipulation really needed? It's commented out in vanilla.

Verified the faction change *IS* needed (sometimes). Somehow, the player or player faction is perhaps getting set to not an enemy during conversation? SetPlayerEnemy() does the trick.

There's already commented out code to do more than enough in the quest script, Function GoAttack(), so I called that from the 2 dialogue script fragments. Your scripts are onBegin, but sometimes he doesn't get his lines said until they are obliviated by fight lines. So I've changed to onEnd.

Also, it's obvious Bethesda originally intended fighting at stage 40. It's needed because otherwise the walkaway on the outermost blocking topic is triggered, resulting in the fight starting twice (in the current code) -- as I detected by temporarily instrumenting all the scripts. (May not hurt anything anyway, but better safe than sorry.)

Still unable to get the damn Drahff to forcegreet consistently. Moved the near end of his patrol to cover the whole corridor, swapping the markers in his patrol package, helps somewhat. Now if I'm close, he sometimes greets twice!!! Probably need to tweak his forcegreet package parameters, but they are not obvious.... You'd think a trigger area of 500 would be plenty.

Found another oddity for USKP, the giant's furniture extended outside the room. I'll put up a tracker.

riftenratway.7z

Several mismatches between the subtitle text and audio in CRF added content that I've discovered recently (see below).

FreeformCollegeAInitResponse1:
Subtitle: Look, either you get the notes or I'll figure out another way to do it. Just come find me if you can get your hands on them.
Audio: Look, either you get the notes or I'll figure out another way to do it. Just come find me if you get your hands on them.

FreeformWinterholdCollegeBIlasteiBranchTopic:
Subtitle: I had particularly high hopes for her. Once she'd overcome her difficulties, she could have been quite successful here.
Audio: I had particularly high hopes for her. Once she had overcome her difficulties, she could have been quite successful here.

MGR12Decline:
Subtitle: Some other time? That's not going to help me much, now is it?
Audio: Some other time? Why, that's not going to help me much, now is it?

NarzulburFreeFormWifeQuestSharedInfos:
Subtitle: Everyone said it had run out, but I smashed down one wall and found the widest veins of ebony I'd ever seen.
Audio: Everyone said it had run out, but I smashed down one wall and found the widest veins of ebony I've ever seen.

NarzulburFreeFormWifeQuestSharedInfos:
Subtitle: I think of Uglarz. An old friend. When we were little she ran to the woods to hunt, and never came back.
Audio: I think of Uglarz. An old friend. When we were little she ran into the woods to hunt, and never came back.

Note to self - from UESP:

In-game dialogue indicates that Anoriath was supposed to hunt on the plains just outside Whiterun, but this never happens. He even has dialogue for when he is outside the city: "Oh! You startled me. I wasn't expecting company out here." and "Shhh. You'll scare the deer."

AI packs to support this will be needed as they don't exist, but the dialogue does. Was deliberately cut with a nonsense stage check on DialogueWhiterun.

This is now being handled as a bug report for the USKP to fix in 2.0.5.

Papyrus error related to the "Spirit of the Ancient Traveler" at Wayward Pass:

[05/03/2014 - 12:45:47AM] error: Cannot add a None spell to the actor
stack:
    [ (0D001845)].defaultGhostScript.AddSpell() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (0D001845)].defaultGhostScript.OnLoad() - "defaultGhostScript.psc" Line 61
[05/03/2014 - 12:45:47AM] error: Cannot add a None spell to the actor
stack:
    [ (0D001845)].defaultGhostScript.AddSpell() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (0D001845)].defaultGhostScript.OnLoad() - "defaultGhostScript.psc" Line 62

Edit: The line numbers are now showing up in the error, so maybe the problem will be easier to track down now.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.0.6

Frost River Farm has been resurrected from the depths of obscurity. It now occupies space in western Hjaalmarch, along the border area near Dragon Bridge. The "Supply Line" quest that goes with this location should now be available by speaking to Signar Iron-Blood at the farm.
Irontree Mill has been relocated to Hjaalmarch next to Frost River Farm. The coastal location was not really appropriate.
Trilf's House has been resurrected from the ether and placed next to the newly relocated Irontree Mill. Steirod will live there with him.
Trim gap and wall seam repaired on the new Riften southeast gate using an old USKP mesh to copy parts from.
Corrected a typo in FreeformCollegeAInitResponse1.
Corrected two typos in NarzulburFreeFormWifeQuestSharedInfos.
With Nazeem and Ahlam living in their proper house now, Jenassa has been given bed linkage to the now vacant upstairs bedroom. Marrying her will now cause this to become a valid location to get the Lover's Comfort bonus. Her sandbox package in the location has also been modified so she'll make full use of the entire cell.
The restored scene at the Whiterun Stables should not be attempted if With Friends Like These (DB02) has started.
Two cut lines of dialogue intended to be spoken by Eorlund Grey-Mane have been restored.
The Wayward Pass ghost did not have its ghost script properties set. May not take effect on existing saves.

This seems to have something to do with the AI on the guys at Frost River Farm that were added in the recent update. I was in Winterhold when these errors occurred, which is puzzling since it isn't even remotely close to the new farm's location. Also, I haven't even discovered the location of the farm yet.

[05/31/2014 - 12:04:28AM] error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (0D02398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_2() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 8

[05/31/2014 - 12:12:37AM] error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (0D02398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_1() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 24

I can confirm the Papyrus errors reported by BlackPete after updating CRF :

[05/31/2014 - 09:42:13PM] Error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (1002398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_2() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 8
[05/31/2014 - 09:42:25PM] Error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (1002398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_1() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 24
[05/31/2014 - 09:47:49PM] Error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (1002398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_2() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 8
[05/31/2014 - 09:47:52PM] Error: Cannot call ChangeCarryState() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (1002398E)].ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.Fragment_1() - "ARTH_PF_CRFFrostRiverFarmMove_0302398E.psc" Line 24

Frost river farm screenshot, such a lovely place :

gallery_13916_93_165372.jpg

That AI bug will be fixed on the next update. Managed to forget to put the CarryActorScript on the NPC.

Note to self: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Eorlund_Gray-Mane - Cut lines for Eorlud Gray-Mane.

I understand this has been addressed with CRF already, but are there plans to address this in USKP as well? Given the nature of this bug (coding mistake as opposed to intentionally cut), it would seem at first glance more appropriate for the fix to be in the USKP rather than CRF.

Since it went into CRF im assumimg Arthamoor has already labeled it as cut and not bugged.

Those lines were definitely cut intentionally. Any time you see a line of dialogue in the CK where they've attached a nonsense stage check like that means it was cut on purpose and is thus not a candidate for the USKP. Even if fixing it would work just fine.

There are exceptions of course, but they need to be pretty well justified exceptions, like the one that exists for Anoriath's hunting dialogue that they cut off because they didn't complete the work, yet left pointers to it exposed to the game. Much like when Missing In Action had the peaceful solution reconnected.

I just noticed that Steirod doesn't seem to sleep inside the house at Irontree Mill. There must be a problem with his AI schedule, because he stays outside at night either standing or sitting around. [screenshot]

Dunno why that's happening. There are no problem settings on his AI. All of the ownership on the building and beds is as it should be too.

I've encountered a problem with the "Supply Line" quest. When I delivered the mead to the innkeeper (Dagur) at the Frozen Hearth (in Winterhold), the quest didn't shut down as it should. The game only marks the objective "Deliver the case of Frost River Mead" as completed (rather than completing the quest itself too).

Also, I think you mentioned that this quest was supposed to appear in the miscellaneous section of the journal, because it has no text commentary (for the quest objectives).

See this screenshot.

Also, if for some reason a save file would be helpful, feel free to let me know and I can provide one.

Ok. Supply Line was missing the "complete quest" checkbox. So all it should have left behind is an incorrect journal entry. The quest itself will have been stopped and should be doable again, but with the same problem until an update is issued to fix it. The empty journal entries should be fixed now too.