[Relz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

Ahh so I was not the only one who noticed that. At first I thought it was some sort of one time glitch. Hard to tell sometimes

That's already been fixed for the next update, but thanks :)

Damn, it's not in the tracker. I wish I hadn't spent 6 hours trying to figure out what I'd done to accidentally break it, before finally giving up and posting the pictures.

CRF doesn't have a category in the tracker since it's not part of the UPP and I haven't set up a category for it under my own projects.

CRF doesn't have a category in the tracker since it's not part of the UPP and I haven't set up a category for it under my own projects.

I did look for it in both places. It's kinda a nebulous region, as it's not an original work, but it's not strictly bug fixing either. Anyway, there haven't been too many bugs. But without a tracker, please post known bugs here as soon as they are found, so there's somewhere we can check and verify.

Well, checking at this issue in Lefthand Mine led me in the cave below and I saw 2 gaps :

CRF001.jpg

CRF002.jpg

I agree, these 2 gaps are already there in the vanilla game. But as this area is unreachable without CRF, I let you choose the best place to fix these : USKP or CRF.

The chest ref 0005b9a7 also opens on the wrong side, needs 180° rotation.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.0.5

Room bounds in Left Hand Mine needed to be expanded to include the exit from Cidhna Mine.
Added the Briarheart Geis for the boss at Lost Valley Redoubt.
Added some miscellaneous notes cut from the game.
Added The Secrets of Ragnvald to the room where Otar the Mad spawns.
Enabled Ghorbash's Ancestral Axe. Should be mounted over his bed in his longhouse.
The restored dragon encounter outside of Bleak Falls Barrow never allows the dragon's corpse to be cleaned up because the quest controlling him is never stopped.
The dragon has also been swapped from a static reference to a leveled instance of a dragon.
Rogue Wizard will not enable the target until Tolfdir actually gives the quest to the player.
Fixed a mismatched subtitle for Uthgerd's scene at the Whiterun Stables.
Makhel Abbas had AI problems that were not worth attempting to resolve so his reference has been removed.
The boarded up southeast gate in Riften has been restored to a functioning entry point.
Karinda (Dagny's horse) has been placed at the Whiterun Stables. Not used in anything other than being there for extra decoration.
The following unobtainable spell scrolls have been added somewhere in the world: Scroll of Dead Thrall, Scroll of Dragonhide, Scroll of Flame Thrall, Scroll of Frost Thrall, Scroll of Storm Thrall. No, I'm not going to tell you where to find them. Go exploring!
The Fade Other spell (invisibility cast on others) has been given a spell tome and added to Drevis Neloren's expert spells list.
Drahff's confidence value in AI has been lowered from Foolhardy to Average to allow the intimidation option for his scene a realistic chance of succeeding.
Fixed two gaps in Dwemer ruin structured in the Cidhna Mine section that was restored.
Fixed a bandit chest in the restored Cidhna Mine section that was rotated backward.
Fixed some overlapping potion bottles in the restored Cidhna Mine section.
Lilith Maiden-Loom's house has been restored to the game. She takes over the space across from the Whiterun Stables.
Wintersand Manor has been relocated to the property at Chillfurrow Farm.

You have been busy to correct a lot of stuff in CRF much appreciated. :bigcookie:

@Nico coiN:  How do you take screenshot at the same time the console is active?

The Fade Other spell (invisibility cast on others) has been given a spell tome and added to Drevis Neloren's expert spells list.

So this spell, as I understand it, was never in the game before and is now restored. Has it been tested to see if it causes the bugged eyes on NPC's like Invis does for the player?

@Nico coiN:  How do you take screenshot at the same time the console is active?

I'm only using the default Steam screenshot hotkey (F12). Very useful to display both visual glitches and their IDs on the same picture.

Well, sorry to tell about this again, but lefthand mine still has tiny issues.

Tiny gap :

CRF003.jpg

And still some room markers issues :

CRF004.jpg

CRF005.jpg

CRF006.jpg

Arthmoor, I may have a closer look if you wish.

GAH! How is it still doing that? I really hate these room optimizers. I've not seen it do this since I fixed the dimensions on the one that was involved.

I sure hope their next engine (hah, fat chance) uses better culling technology that doesn't make the level designers use crappy hand placed shapes for it.

Not very convenient, I agree. But it works as intended once you understand all its subtleties. I wonder if this system was already used in FO3 and FNV (I'm not brave enough to reinstall them).

So this spell, as I understand it, was never in the game before and is now restored. Has it been tested to see if it causes the bugged eyes on NPC's like Invis does for the player?

I can confirm that the Fade Other spell does indeed exist in CK, but was never added into the game and the only thing I can think of is that Bethesda first create it then change their mind about using it.

As for testing I don't know if there is any NPC issues or not, so testing the spell is a good idea.

I'm only using the default Steam screenshot hotkey (F12). Very useful to display both visual glitches and their IDs on the same picture.

I see.  I should have figure it out myself, but I thought you use a console command or something else.

Tested Fade Other (which is really cool, NPC makes comments when you do it) but found unfortunate results. Still same bugged eyes as Invisibility, this time with both forcing it to end and letting it naturally end. I really wish I could figure this out.

Perhaps that was the reason why Bethesda decided not to add the Fade Other spell in the game.  Regardless what reason they have it's good to know about the Fade Other spell.  Thanks Hana for testing the spell. :)

SpiritTreasure posted this about wonky eyes for Altmer's over 2 years ago, but I'm not sure if that's related to the Fade Other spell of a NPC eyes issue or not. :shrug:

If you want to fix your eye issues, this is confirmed to work very well

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50132/?

We are aware of that "fix" but it's not a fix for the actual problem. It's a workaround that requires the use of meshes that fall short of the goal. Hana could explain better why we decided against using that for the USKP.

There is a letter from Jon Battle-Born to Olfina Gray-Mane (00027F74) that appears to have never made it into the game. I'm not sure if you have already added this to CRF or not yet.  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Letter_from_Jon

And I've never heard their scenes together (only 3 of 4 listed here).

EDIT: but that may be an error, not cut, as they all seem to be in the Story Manager for Bannered Mare. I don't see the problem, but it always seems to be Saadia, even though hers is listed as 24 hours and do all. There are only 6 scenes, and 4 of the 6 are Jon and Olfina.

And I've never heard their scenes together (only 3 of 4 listed here).

EDIT: but that may be an error, not cut, as they all seem to be in the Story Manager for Bannered Mare. I don't see the problem, but it always seems to be Saadia, even though hers is listed as 24 hours and do all. There are only 6 scenes, and 4 of the 6 are Jon and Olfina.

That issue should be corrected here: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15226-whiterunjonbanneredmarepackage18x8-missing-interrupt-flags/

• 2 weeks later...

Arriving at Riften the first time, talk to gate guard. then:

[04/18/2014 - 02:03:22PM] Cannot open store for class "ARTH_TIF_CRFRiftenSEGate_000E66CC", missing file?

Verified not in bsa scripts or scripts/source!

Yep, it's been reported and will be corrected on the next update. Fortunately what that file is doing will get done the next time the exterior loads anyway so it's not mission critical or anything.

Fortunately what that file is doing will get done the next time the exterior loads anyway so it's not mission critical or anything.

Ah, good. I'd stopped playing, thinking that it might be critical to having the new door or something.

Actually, it turns out to be dialogue critical, although not "mission" critical. Half of Bryndolf's explanatory dialogue is missing. None of the gate-related topics are appearing:

TG00BrynjolfIntroBranch02a, TG00BrynjolfIntroBranch03a, TG00BrynjolfGateBranch. OTOH, the conditions look odd, and the vanilla may need fixing anyway....

None of which has a thing to do with the script that's complaining. All that script is doing is unlocking the SE Gate when the gate guard at the north side of the city lets the player in by unlocking the north gate.