[Relz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

well, the one i refuse to give the weapon to makes sense. what i fear is: will all vigilanted from then on be pissed and attack on sight? that would suckm because it would mean i either have to avoid them alltogether in the long run (they are probably firends with some other factions) or get rid of all my nice artifact piece by piece.

Don't know. It's something that would need to be tested once support for making them do that is finished. All it needs is a script to make them start combat when you refuse, and to be unblocked so the option shows up.

Love this mod cant wait for next round(hope theres a next round haha)

I'm looking forward to that extra Vigilant of Stendarr content, assuming Arthmoor is able to add it. Sounds interesting.

Yes, that content is in already. I'm just doing some tweaking on Wintersand Manor now cause their "front yard" is a bit bare.

Revyn Sadri
He originally played a role in Blood on the Ice, with you being sent to him to investigate a clue. This was cut from the game, but signs of it can still be found in the Creation Kit.

Rorik
While patrolling around town he was supposed to make a number of comments about the benefits of working as a farmer, conditions of the local farms, and the bountiful harvests: "Nothing refreshes the soul like an honest day's labor in good, tilled earth.", "It's remarkable that our farms are so prosperous given the harsh winters of late.", "Looks like it's going to be a bountiful harvest once again. The gods continue to smile upon us." However, he will just watch the workers in silence. ?

Additional Ideas

Idesa will state she brings Grimvar down to the Argonian Assemblage, but she never does this.

Kraldar has one unused line about a helm: "Come back as soon as you have the helm." Since Korir gives a quest to retrieve the Helm of Winterhold, it can be assumed that Kraldar is referring to this hel.

Both Bjartur Ahtar scenes

dialoguesolitudeJailScene1

dialoguesolitudeJailScene2

Version 1.0.3

Cleared up some navmesh issues at Barleydark Farm around the wheat stalks.
Fixed a gap in the archway behind General Tullius bedroom after the wall was removed to provide access to the tower.
The jester objective is never cleared if the Dark Brotherhood quest line is started without visiting Cicero on the road.
Enabled Ennodius Papius since he has recorded dialogue available for before the Dark Brotherhood quest to kill him.
Wintersand Manor has been restored across from the Whiterun Stables.
Restored dialogue for the Vigilants of Stendarr to confront the player when they are wearing/wielding Daedric artifacts.
++ Don't worry, if you surrender an item it won't be lost unless you want it to be - the Vigilants will whisk it away to their hall.
++ Yes, if Dawnguard is loaded the vault they speak of will be available in the exterior should you need it.

Tyrel, I'll look through that file you sent over and see what can be seen. A quick glance over it looks like some of those might be actual bugs for the USKP to fix.

Sadly, although I've enjoyed this plugin in the past, the latest version disastrously conflicts with Touring Carriages navmesh. I'd spent a lot of time carefully matching and overlaying the navmesh on USKP, and this does as well, but the new door changes 5 cells total, and now conflicts. What a mess!

It looks lovely -- although surprisingly on somebody else's farm -- but please move the Manor, or pick up the navmesh changes from Touring Carriages. I cannot load both before and after this plugin. (It has to be before.)

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

SkyUI.esp

TouringCarriages.esp

Bring Out Your Dead.esp

Cutting Room Floor.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

Arthmoor: I don't know if you realized this, but the "Stormcloak Officer" (xx00af8f) added by this mod to Solitude has the same exact face as Istar Cairn-Breaker. If you recall, this is the same guy that has "two copies" due to the Haafingar Stormcloak Camp not shutting down (see this bug, here).

:rofl: In other words, with the Cutting Room Floor mod installed there are "three" copies of this guy in the game. :frantics:

Just a thought, but perhaps the "xx000af8f" NPC needs a different face template in the next release of this mod.

Tyrel, I'll look through that file you sent over and see what can be seen. A quick glance over it looks like some of those might be actual bugs for the USKP to fix.

i tried to err towards the side of caustion with the ones i made tickets for sicne i had so much data

Sadly, although I've enjoyed this plugin in the past, the latest version disastrously conflicts with Touring Carriages navmesh.

I have a couple of ideas for a solution.

The underlying problem is that finalized cells are overlapping.

. a . . .

a 3 o . .

a 1 2 a .

. a a . .

1) USKP finalized

2) TC finalized

3) CRF finalized

a) adjacent affected

o) overlapping

So the most important thing is to move the entrance to the CRF house, so that less overlapping happens.

But I have another idea!

Pelagia's house was originally GrayMane. (Look at the CK Editor Name.) Developers changed their mind.

Make Pelagia's house into Wintersand Manor. Makes more sense, as Acolyte Jenssen had house key, too. Good location. Kill Nazeem during battle instead. Wife already has widow remarks.

Build Pelagia a nice new house next to his fields. The best location would be just south of the road. That would be the same cell as (1) above, minimizing conflicts.

No matter how much i want nazeem dead the widow remarks are just in case he dies lhaha moving CRF is probably the simpler method plus i like Pelagia and i always resurrect him after he dies cause his death is stupid

OK, I've spent a few hours poking at this. But as much as the location Arthmoor used apparently conflicts with all sorts of other patches, putting the house there actually LOOKS best....

Out on the main road, it sticks out -- unless you slide it down the road near Honningbrew, where the roofs look the same. But the hills are very steep there, not good for a Whiterun house, as they don't have the tall basements that adjust to hillsides.

Because there's already a big hole for the existing rocks, navmesh is easier, too.

My best solution is to put Pelagia's Graymane house there (so the only thing changed is the door), turned to face the stables, and pushed out far enough to have the door nearer the roadway. That gets the door Finalize into a better cell and picks up the TC navmesh -- my reason for fixing this.

Severio just walks out his front door, and goes over to his farm. No muss no fuss.

This assumes it's easy to change Nazeem's packages to use the old Pelagia house with a new inside. Looks doable.

Another reason not to kill Pelagia is he's the chief mourner after Balgruff's death. Now that's odd. Not the new Jarl?

First things first. I'm not going to relocate the house. Other places were considered and it simply doesn't fit the layouts we have at hand or make sense to occupy space on some other property that already has a house. It also can't go inside the city because there's no room due to Bethesda's monolithic terrain meshes.

Second. The house style chosen for the site is the best fit size wise. Other ones are either too run down looking or are way too large to fit properly and would require even more navmesh editing than what's been done already.

Why you'd want to alter the game significantly by having Pelagia use the house in a different location and have Nazeem be killed in the city instead is beyond me. There is no basis for doing this at all.

Balgruuf can't be killed either and there's not enough left of the DA08 material to bring that back anyway.

Bug report: Looks like you accidentally touched Carlotta's door 0001A6FC  and moved it slightly. Only thing changed in WhiterunWorld.

Ugh. Thanks. This mouse of mine is on its last legs and that's been happening a lot more lately.

First things first. I'm not going to relocate the house. Other places were considered and it simply doesn't fit the layouts we have at hand or make sense to occupy space on some other property that already has a house. It also can't go inside the city because there's no room due to Bethesda's monolithic terrain meshes.

I'd already covered that in my earlier post. I agree this is a good site. It just breaks Touring Carriages as implemented. That's a problem!

As to putting it inside the city, I've already figured out how to do it in two places. But you have to build out-of-place ramps or steps. "LOOKS" again.

Second. The house style chosen for the site is the best fit size wise. Other ones are either too run down looking or are way too large to fit properly and would require even more navmesh editing than what's been done already.

No, it's not. I had no problem putting my recommended shape into the site. My initial version (tested between my two previous posts) didn't even remove most of the wall rubble -- it squeezed in between without effort, with the door just inside Whiterun Exterior01 for the Finalize.

Also, mine did much less navmesh editing than yours, because unlike you I didn't -30000 the rubble nor change the navmesh hole around them.

While waiting for USKP 2.0.1a last night, I cleaned up mine. Made the rubble into equivalent rock piles, but with the same tundrarock substrate to match existing. I managed to do very little landscaping.

However, I discovered (as I'm sure you did) that even touching the landscape causes little border changes in the adjacent cells. Apparently, the game has always had discontinuous cell landscape border holes that we never noticed....

Why you'd want to alter the game significantly by having Pelagia use the house in a different location and have Nazeem be killed in the city instead is beyond me. There is no basis for doing this at all.

Because the site is better suited to Sevario (being actually located on his farm). And the other 2 people with keys work at the Temple. Mere logic; colored by the fact that Nazeem is odious.

But it doesn't matter. That was just an off-the-cuff idea....

Here are my proposed fixes, outside with matching inside. I made as few modifications to the inside navmesh as possible, other than adding the wing and reversing the ladder. Nazeem would want an even bigger dining room to out-shine Severio's big 2-story dining room. Also, it was very easy to navmesh a big room with no second floor. ;)

I've been testing with CRF as a master (only control-F-ed wall and furniture changes), and it works well. Probably needs more lighting work, but only thieves will ever see it. (Current version has the front door unlocked for walk through testing, you'll want to switch that back.)

TC+CRF.7z

• 2 weeks later...

I've been resurrecting my Open Cities setup, and just added CRF to the mix. When I went to check out the new Wintersand Manor I found this land tear.

In TES5Edit, both these mods touch landscape in that cell.

I have OCS loading near the bottom of my load order, so after CRF. Should I try moving it up above CRF?

Oh, full LOD if you need it;

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.2a]
03  Dragonborn.esm
04  Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.1]
05  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.3.1]
06  Ars Metallica.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
07  Ars Metallica - Dragonborn.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
08  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.2.3]
09  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
0A  Brown Muntains and rocks.esp
0B  Draugr Maiden Armor.esp
0C  HanasSkeletonStaff.esp
0D  HanasStuff.esp
0E  HoldStables.esp
0F  Hunting in Skyrim.esp
10  ImprovedFireyFireSalts.esp
11  ImprovedFrostyFrostSalts.esp
12  MyNewArmor.esp
13  Book Covers Skyrim.esp
14  Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
15  Rainbows.esp
16  realrain.esp
17  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 1.2.4]
18  ShootingStars.esp
19  SoS - Civilization.esp  [Version 1.02]
1A  SoS - The Dungeons.esp  [Version 1.23]
1B  SoS - The Wilds.esp  [Version 1.13]
1C  WoodsmansShack.esp
++  YASH_GuardsWithoutHelmets.esp
1D  YASH_RenamedSkillBooks.esp
1E  Open Cities Skyrim.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
1F  OCS + Dragonborn.esp  [Version 1.2]
20  Provincial Courier Service.esp  [Version 1.2.1]
21  Oblivion Gates in Cities.esp  [Version 1.0]
22  Argis Improved.esp
23  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

But... But... I know this is out of topic, but... Hana... You don't own Hearthfire (very dispensable, I agree) nor (moreover) Dawnguard ???  :|

For the record, I'm going to check OCS for stray landscape edits, which apparently I'm going to find :P

The update for it won't be for a bit, and CRF itself will be getting one before that.