[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

It's been there. I don't know if I ever figured out how to use it though.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

That looks pretty good to me. I'd be inclined to make the text a titch brighter, like Dwip suggested.

Too bright for a nighttime shot. Text looks good tho.You want me to whip you up something in Photoshop?

That particular shot wasn't taken in the dead of night. Not long after dusk I think. Other shots I could have plucked stuff from just didn't have the same impact.

I'd love to see what you guys can cook up in Photoshop, but do keep in mind that I'm doing these for each mod I've got up right now, and it's preferable if I am able to do any necessary editing in the future for new ones too.

I thought about doing stuff for the description/compatibility/etc headings too but decided that would be overkill. Just something at this point that's a bit better than plain text. No way in hell I'd ever think of trying to match the all out craziness some of these people have done on their mod pages.

I typically go with a themed banner and sub-banners for the Nexus pages, just enough to make the page look nice, but not so much that it looks like the description is actually doing more as an ad campaign than it is telling you how the mod works. I tend to avoid those mods, because when I see that, it's pretty clear the author isn't interested in much else than a spot in the Hot Files.

Yeah, I understand what you're doing, done it myself on my TESA downloads.Just a suggestion, but wouldn't a shot of a city gate have more impact so you can see it's open? I also tend to go with more transparent backgrounds to blend in nicer with Nexus' black theme.

Those are both good, though I don't really care much for the oval or the height on the rectangular one.

What was wrong with 950x160? :P

950 is as wide as it can go or it won't fit without messing up the Nexus page. Maybe it can extend to 250 height or something, but 350 was just too large.

And I really do want to work those dragon logos in somehow.

Open Cities Skyrim v0.6

Whiterun: The Oblivion gate behind the Talos statue has been switched to the less obtrusive grey rock variety.
Whiterun: Cleaned up several large floating rocks, and other rocks sticking through walls.
Whiterun: Cleaned up some civil war debris objects that had been missed.
Whiterun: The outer walls have been replaced with versions that don't have ridiculously tall collision, which will enable several new entry and exit points in the city.
Whiterun: The city gate will now animate more smoothly and play its correct sound.
Solitude: Added some crates to a section of battlement near the temple so the player can get out if they jump down to it.
Riften: The Oblivion gate at the castle barracks was removed. A broken one in the harbor replaces it.
Riften: The two city gates will now animate more smoothly and play their proper sound.

Yes, Thomas, that means your patch needs a slight update :P

Heh, sorry Thomas. I promise the next one will be when Windhelm gets its gate assuming it survives the process of being opened.

Well, if it weren't for the fact the CK didn't want to open the old patch file anymore, I'd be a bit more chipper about it. :tongue: But hey, how long does it take to make that thing? 5 minutes?

So nobody liked the red color? I thought it was cool.

Also, not sure what font it is you're using, but I was trying to keep things in line with the Kingthings Petrock font. No clue what font Skyrim stuff uses but Kingthings was what the Oblivion stuff used.

I'd prefer the Kingthings Petrock font if possible, in the red color as well. That was meant to match the color of the little gear thingy.

I'm not sure if I want to even use graphical headers, but if I end up doing so, all I'd need for that is "Description", "Requirements", and "Compatibility". I'm not one of these people who believe the description is really the monolith for the whole readme. That's what a readme is for and why Nexus has that tab :)

Come on Grumpy! Get with the program. :lol:I do like the fancy headings. Much easier to glance at the description page and find the information you need.

Open Cities Skyrim v0.8

All: Doors to the player houses will now properly complete the house purchasing objectives if a house hasn't been visited before installing the mod.
Solitude: Stepping on to the execution platform after Roggvir is dead will no longer make the guards hostile.
Whiterun: The city gate should no longer bar access during the Battle for Whiterun.
Riften: A missing piece of wall was added in the area below the Mausoleum.

New Material: Windhelm is now an open city.

Nexus link is down at the moment, use one of the others.

Good, I didn't need to rebuild the entire No Gates patch from scratch this time (my guess is I had to do that last time because the old Riften gate got deleted).Quick update, but the Nexus is being dumb again, so that mirror will have to wait.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about that as GStaff sided with him on that one. It sets a terrible precedent for the rights of modders to decide how their work is to be presented to the public.

Until such time as Bethesda sees fit to reverse the terrible precedent set by allowing an unauthorized patch to exist, I am suspending all support for the Steam Workshop effective immediately.