[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

So it was a) two dirty mods (Drjivend and Adorning Dawnstar), both of which apparently have purposely deleted navmeshes (that makes sense for Dawnstar, actually.) b) a still loose Tundra Defense script, which I have now deleted.

ILS has vanished again.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

So it was a) two dirty mods (Drjivend and Adorning Dawnstar), both of which apparently have purposely deleted navmeshes (that makes sense for Dawnstar, actually.) b) a still loose Tundra Defense script, which I have now deleted.

ILS has vanished again.

See.  You had a loose scripted ILS issue. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.3

Adjustments to synchronize fixes with USKP 2.0.1 and USKP 2.0.2.
Markarth: Fixed a bug during No One Escapes Cidhna Mine (MS02EscapeMadanachEnding) where the guards accompanying Thornar would be in the wrong worldspace because their AI does not move them.
All: Many buildings were missing their exterior window lighting effects.
Whiterun: Some stray landscape edits the mod doesn't need have been removed to reduce problems with compatibility outside the city walls.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to verify, the ILS bug has been fixed and this is under active development again? I skimmed through the thread but found no announcement of it, though I am often blind.

I imagine it will be a pain to make this fit with my other mods, and if it is fundamentally broken I do not want t waste my time.

EDIT: also the bug tracker link in the OP leads to a 404

• 2 weeks later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.4

Riften: Added a new mesh for the southeast gate. No more mysteriously boarded up passage to a major road. Courtesy of nonoodles.
Riften: Reversed a USKP edit that caused the major landscape tile in the city to separate from the boardwalk and sink slightly.
Riften: The replacement meshes for the outer walls (to put moss on both sides) were in the wrong folder.
Solitude: Covered up several large gaps in the archway rocks outside the city wall.

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.4

Riften: Added a new mesh for the southeast gate. No more mysteriously boarded up passage to a major road. Courtesy of nonoodles.

Riften: Reversed a USKP edit that caused the major landscape tile in the city to separate from the boardwalk and sink slightly.

Riften: The replacement meshes for the outer walls (to put moss on both sides) were in the wrong folder.

Solitude: Covered up several large gaps in the archway rocks outside the city wall.

You mean to correct this land seam and TBH I haven't seen it before.

ScreenShot171

Anyway thanks for the update. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.5

Fixes synced from USKP 2.0.4.
Markarth: When siding with the Forsworn, Madanach and company will now flee the city properly, fighting until the appropriate time, then running for their base at Druadach Redoubt afterward.
Riften: Added new meshes to make the canal gates animated so they can be opened and closed. Courtesy of nonoodles.
Riften: Trim gap and wall seam repaired on the new southeast gate using old USKP mesh to copy parts from.
Whiterun: The player should no longer be dropped into the wrong worldspace for the werewolf rampage due to an unreliable transfer script.

• 4 weeks later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.6

Whiterun: Added a smelter and workbench to the Skyforge.
Whiterun: Fixed several trigger boxes for Companions quests that were not operating 100% correctly.
Windhelm: Cleaned out several unnecessary navmesh edits. This eliminates the need for the OCS+Dragonborn patch file. If you are using this, please delete it.
All: Several improved meshes have been provided by Dwip, or modified from vanilla by Dwip in order to fit the city gates better. Several redundant meshes have been removed from the mod as a result.
All: Navmesh edits to all interior cells (except Breezehome, Proudspire Manor, and the Thalmor Headquarters) have been removed to better facilitate compatibility with mods that alter interior navmeshes.

Also if you are using the Skyrim Sewers patch, be sure you download the patch archive to update that too as it has had several unnecessary navmesh edits removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.7

Markarth: Two more AI packs needed to be edited to make sure the Forsworn would fight and then flee properly after MS02 is ready for them to.

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.8

Whiterun: Vilkas' forcegreet package when the player returns for Purity of Revenge (C05) was still checking the WhiterunWorld worldspace.
Whiterun: Eorlund's package to reforge Wuuthrad was still assigned to the Skyforge in the WhiterunWorld worldspace.
Whiterun: Enable markers for Kodlak's funeral were not set to use the vanilla markers as toggle parents, so the Pyre would never actually light on fire.
Whiterun: All NPCs who attend your induction ceremony should now be in place and waiting from the moment you enter the city instead of the possibility of a short delay while they navigate out of the closed worldspace.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.0.9

Whiterun: Eorlund Grey-Mane went to the closed city to reforge Wuuthrad due to his package being linked to the furniture object.
Whiterun: Entering the Underforge prior to your rampage through the city should now put you at the correct marker when the rampage starts. The script was checking the wrong quest stage and not updating properly.
Markarth: Dryston was not being positioned at the proper marker during Forsworn Conspiracy (MS01).

• 2 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.1.0

Windhelm: Triggering the setup for Blood on the Ice (MS11) was competing with scene fragments on the vanilla side that move the NPCs to their start locations. This would cause the NPCs to sometimes end up having to walk back to the open world side. The scenes themselves have now been edited to eliminate this problem.
Whiterun: The drawbridge mesh extended partway into the city past the normal wall and has been cut back to fit. (Bug #17877)

• 2 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.1.1

Whiterun: The shadowmark at Carlotta's stall needed to be adjusted to match the USKP fix. (Bug #16290)
Markarth: Collision for the grate over the city gate was missing. A collision box has been added to cover it. (Bug #16313)
Markarth: A waterfall next to the blacksmith was visually clipping through the stone platform. (Bug #18255)
Solitude: The Civil War battle failed to swap the doors due to a missing object that was supposed to be holding the script used for this.

• 5 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.1.2

All cities: Adjustments to preferred pathing for the navmeshes have been made to correct some minor anomalies in NPC path choices.
Whiterun: Dragonsreach moat water fix from USKP Bug #18793 applied to correct falling downward when swimming past the seam between pieces. (Bug #18804)
Riften: The 3 gates behind Riftweald Manor were never properly locked as they should be prior to The Pursuit (TG07).
Windhelm: Bounds radius data on WHBrunwulf has been adjusted to hopefully prevent Brunwulf's house from disappearing when it loads.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim v1.1.3

All cities: Various synchronization fixes for USKP edits to repositioned markers and other objects, up to USKP 2.1.3.

• 5 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.0

Switched to Legendary Edition. All future support will remain on this branch ONLY.
Markarth: Placed city banners for Markarth outside of Understone Keep. Strongly recommend the use of USLEEP in order for these to display correctly.
Windhelm: Fixed issue with dock mesh having odd black patches on it. (Tangent spaces needed updating).
Solitude: If an alternate start mod placed you inside the Winking Skeever, Roggvir's execution scene would not be triggered upon exiting.

• 6 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.1

All cities: Ambient regional sounds needed to be added as they were apparently missing. (Bug #19950)
Whiterun: Removed navmesh edits to Breezehome as they are no longer needed.
Whiterun: Added the 3 missing totems that were in the vanilla worldspace.
Solitude: Removed navmesh edits to Proudspire Manor as they are no longer needed.
Solitude: Adjusted patrol markers at the archery practice in the castle courtyard to match up with USLEEP 3.0.5.

• 4 weeks later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.1

All cities: Ambient regional sounds needed to be added as they were apparently missing. (Bug #19950)

Whiterun: Removed navmesh edits to Breezehome as they are no longer needed.

Whiterun: Added the 3 missing totems that were in the vanilla worldspace.

Solitude: Removed navmesh edits to Proudspire Manor as they are no longer needed.

Solitude: Adjusted patrol markers at the archery practice in the castle courtyard to match up with USLEEP 3.0.5.

Does that mean Breezehome looks like in these pictures (I dunno if there is a mod conflict or not since I don't remember what mods I used back then)?

ScreenShot69

ScreenShot73

Does it also mean I will no longer see this mess in Breezehome?

20160728125833 1

It means that since OCS is a Legendary Edition now the navmesh edits aren't needed. If you're getting those other problems, you haven't spent the time to find the mods that are screwing that up for you.

The firepit removed mod is obvious, but how can the other mod cause such an issue with the barrels shown in the pictures.  I don't understand how, perhaps the modder created the mod in vanilla and forget about USKP/USLEEP.

Maybe you should ask the other mod author? Cause this hasn't got anything to do with OCS.