[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

You're right the other mod has nothing to do with OCS since it only change one decoration the player can buy when buying Breezehome from Proventus Avenicci.  But still I doubt that mod would cause the issue.

Also note that, the Firepit Removed mod comes with a patch for OCS.  Could it be the OCS patch that's causing the mess shown in the picture I dunno.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

Why would the firepit mod need a patch for OCS? OCS does NOT change anything about the interior aside from the door link to the outside.

I tested the mod without a patch for OCS and the firepit wasn't removed, but after I installed the patch then firepit was removed as intended.  That's why, you can try it yourself.

That doesn't answer the question. WHY would they need to do that when OCS doesn't touch anything other than the door? Seriously, you need to be asking the other author these questions because it's irrelevant here.

No, it doesn't. OCS never touched the firepit. Therefore you're asking about it in the wrong place.

Fair enough.  I'll try to reach the author and report the issue.

Scratch that...  It seems the author has retired from modding at least for providing support.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY would they need to do that when OCS doesn't touch anything other than the door?

I think this (read the last line in that post) requires a patch for OCS, but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT:  Also read the last post in this page.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.2

Riften: Missing script on the Thieved Guild map marker trigger.

• 9 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.3

Thanks go to Nico coiN for this update. All of the work was his!

Windhelm: City gate mesh fixed to have proper collision on the entire door, along with an adjustment to slow the animation speed a bit.
Windhelm: The main city gate trigger was set to the wrong enable state and was not autoclosing the gate when the player left the area.
Windhelm: Fixed the area along the southwest exterior wall so that it no longer extends past the original city wall. Removed several edits to ground objects that were no longer needed.
Solitude: Repositioned 3 partially buried barrels outside of the Winking Skeever.
Markarth: Patched up the terrain visible in the tunnel leading to Cidhna Mine.
Markarth: Gave the main city gate a custom mesh with a proper length sound animation to go with it.
Riften: Removed two unneeded edits to vanilla trees outside the southeast gate. Added one tree inside the gate that was missing from vanilla.
Riften: Grounded a floating wall idle marker that caused guards to hover above the ground.
Other: French translation added to the MCM. Thanks Nico!

• 3 weeks later...

Why does OCS modify mountain weather? I'm updating the SoS - The Wilds patch and OCS is overriding the patch because it modifies WeatherMountains (0004D7FD).

It was necessary to do so in order to keep the weather region working properly in Markarth.

I guess it would need a proper patch then. I just removed your edits for now, because Climates of Tamriel removed that specific weather in lieu of others.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim v2.0.4

Riften: Bolli's house door was severely misaligned. (Bug #22940)
Windhelm: The south wall in the Grey Quarter was floating above ground at the top of the stairway. (Bug #22883)
Markarth: Tyrranus and Yngvar would not always be in front of the abandoned house to run their scene because the scene script was placing them in the closed worldspace.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a possibility of re-releasing the pre-AE update? Using this new version with SE causes a crash, and I cannot find an older version of this for SE anywhere.

1 hour ago, sussybaka420 said:

Using this new version with SE causes a crash

It most likely causes a crash because this version was not meant to be used with Special Edition.  

Actually, yes, it is meant to be used with SE. You just need to be on version 1.6 instead of 1.5 because the update to OCS requires the added DLCs that came with 1.6.