[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

Well shit. It appears as though Windhelm can't be converted due to some kind of untraceable crash issue. I've only redone 3 cells. The first 2 went fine. The 3rd basically said "Nope" and that was it. I doubt it's a coincidence that the 3rd cell contains large amounts of civil war stuff that changes state.

Not navmesh related either since I haven't gotten anywhere near ready to start putting those in. God damn, this game is such a pain in the ass to mod.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

God, that sucks hard. Just seeing what you're going through here is why I decided to start out with scripting. It's still a pain in the ass now that it takes three times longer to set the damn things up (so much for streamlining workflow...), but I do appreciate the added functionality in Papyrus now that I'm comfortable with the language.

Yes, there's a reason I did other stuff too because this is driving me insane. It's not so bad with LAL because that's pretty confined in purpose. I think it's weird though that the first 3 cities went pretty much without incident other than the navmesh bug.

I guess I can see what happens if I try and to Windhelm from a brand new file. Could be leftover corruption from having used TESVSnip on the file before.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, and unless something gives once the CK update is out and 1.6 is live, it may end up having to remain that way.

Just making sure. What is it about Windhelm? Rhetorical question. Windhelm is a problem for everything - even original quests.

If only I knew. I'm hoping Solitude won't have the same problem, because if it does, that's going to suck bad.

Yeah I'd love to see Solitude open. *keeping fingers crossed*Bit of a side-track I guess, but it's been interesting working on Black Marsh. All their cities are closed. It crossed my mind to open them, but I figured it would be too much work at this point. :cricket:

Easier than you might think, and if that's something you guys are seriously considering, best it gets done prior to release so that someone isn't tempted to pester me to do it for you :P

Easier than you might think and if that's something you guys are seriously considering, best it gets done prior to release so that someone isn't tempted to pester me to do it for you :P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks Arthmoor, that's very nice of you. ;)

Seriously BM is pretty laggy right now, so I'd need to get that fixed up before we open the cities.

Well if you REALLY want me to do that, I can, because shifting content from one location to another is dead simple in TES4Edit if it's going to be permanently moved there.

That would be so sweet. Despite how easy you make it sound, I'm afraid I'm still lost. :lmao:Let me talk to the team. This would be easier before we started adding quests, right? Also, should I split Black Marsh into a master and plugin? We're getting horrible performance. It's probably all the meshes and textures though. Hmmm, maybe I should try optimizing them with PyFFI...

Yes, definitely easier to do sooner rather than later, although if they're going to get transferred then TES4Edit can do so without changing the form IDs on anything.

Congrats to Arthmoor and Open Cities for coming in 3rd place in the Nexus mod contest!! :banana:

Congrats to Arthmoor and Open Cities for coming in 3rd place in the Nexus mod contest!! :banana:

Woot!

Thanks guys :)

Cool to see the winners finally announced - I think we've all known now for at least a month or so.

So do you have the new card yet? I need to buy some new video cards and I'm trying to decide which model. It will be Nvidia. AMD is having too many issues right now.

Nope, not yet. I don't have any idea when it shipped. Spec-wise, it's not as good as what I have even if it ends up being one of their limited edition ones.

The GTX 560 Ti is nearly 2 years old and only has 1GB on board.

I'm having a problem in Riften: the game won't load my save. It just hangs. No errors or anything, just hangs. I have to three finger salute my way out. Oddly enough I do have one saved game in Riften that will load fine, but after I do a couple of things and save again, the new saves won't load.

I've tried removing a couple of mods already but that doesn't help. Ironically I had disabled debugging because the debug logs were getting so big.

So, should I try enabling debugging again and see if that tells me anything?

Should I go back to the save that does work, leave the city and remove OC?

I've already removed LAL since I was basically done with that.

Here's my LO:

00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 SoS - The Wilds.esp [Version 1.0.2]
03 StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
04 Economics of Skyrim.esp
05 Back off, Barbas!.esp
06 Bag of Holding.esp
07 Convenient Horses.esp
08 Decorator Assistant - SKSE.esp [Version 1.4]
09 Gildergreen Regrown.esp [Version 1.1.1]
0A The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.0.1]
0B Lightweight Potions and Poisons.esp
0C nighteyecastable.esp
0D lesssnowywinterhold.esp
0E Uncle Sheo.esp
0F Open Cities Skyrim.esp [Version 0.35]
10 Where's My Horse Gone.esp
11 WATER.esp [Version 1.2]
12 WATER - Get Wet.esp
13 MyTweaks.esp
14 EzEWorldMap.esp
15 Solitude Furniture.esp

Any ideas on how I might give this thing a good kick in the ass?

Possibly an outdated version of WATER? I've seen a few scattered reports of it causing problems like that with OCS, but I'm using version 1.3 and not having any issues with it.

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me. I was holding on that for 1.6 to go official since the guy advises clean saves.

Oh, that could be it. Ok, I'll try removing that, clean saving, if I can and then upgrading.Thanks for the suggestions.

I think I found the culprit: Wrye Bash. I've reported the bug in the WB Skyrim thread.

I'll upgrade that water mod anyway. I've already removed it. Now I'll save and then reinstall it.