[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

Another weird one: the Riften map marker won't switch to being discovered. Got everything working again. Finished up in Riften, left the city and found the map marker was still undiscovered. Fast travelled to stables and ran through city again - no dice.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

I'm hoping a solution to that is forthcoming in the rebuild. It's doing that because you discover one, but then can't discover the other and the game insists on displaying them both.

I just now placed a collision sphere over the one in Riften at Mistveil Keep to see if this works. If it does, cool, but if not, jack shit I can do about it at this point. The game is extremely picky about its map markers and I've had a hell of a time trying to slap fixes around them.

That is weird. Is there anything not busted in this game? *sigh*Not a biggie. I would normally travel to the stables outside the city and hoof it from there anyway.

Well not anymore. I think I finally got it. Not seeing anymore half-greyed out map markers once Riften is visited. All hail trigger spheres :P

Also, IsOnMount() = broken. Big surprise! Looks like I'll be having to draft a true hack for the gatesman thing.

I noted that line and we'll see if we can get it recorded for you at some point. I've still got the rumour lines from ABR too.

W T F ?

[06/13/2012 - 02:00:29PM] error: (0001C390): is not a map marker.
 stack: [ (0001C390)].ObjectReference.AddToMap() - "" Line ? [ (1800286B)].ARTH_OCS_MapMarkerSphere.OnTriggerEnter() - "ARTH_OCS_MapMarkerSphere.psc" Line 8

I'm sorry Papyrus, but form 1C390 is most certainly a map marker. The hell did you get the idea it isn't?

One can almost taste it.... initial testing in Solitude looks good. No crashes just with the copied buildings and stuff, which is WAY more than I ever got out of Windhelm. Onward to relinking the doors and figuring out which objects to tie to the disable markers for the civil war!

God mode navmeshing: When one navmeshes the upper tier of a major rock formation containing a fully detailed city while having to dodge the navmesh below it in the water and along the mountainside.

Navmeshing done. Cleared out all the damaged triangles from my wild flailing against the navmeshes on the ground. Post-CW city has it's Stormcloak guards. Still need to check the Imperial side, then check pre-war status and make sure the execution scene still works.

Animated city gates working - I'm so glad I was able to figure out how to leverage the large Dwemer door for that. Gotta find a spot for the Oblivion gate relic.

So it looks like the only two nagging issues are going to be the stupid fucking brick wall Bethesda stuffed in between the two sets of city gates and what happens during the civil war. Which means I need to go save hunting to find one where I'm about to liberate Solitude.

Also will need to run another PC through the Bard's College to make sure the effigy scene works. But it's looking good. No crashes, no lag to speak of, I'm quite happy with the results.

Once I've got this working well enough to pass inspection I'll finally be able to spring it upon the world.

And I'm sure the world will be ready to spring on you the inevitable flood of crashes and performance problems that they decide must be your fault (because it is ALWAYS your fault, after all).

Sadly, this is probably true :/

Funny thing though, it sure feels like the open version of Solitude is performing better than the closed one. Might be because I piled on the occlusion planes. More than Bethesda was even using.

Also, not a single large static has gone missing on me during all of this and I had even forgotten to set the "is full LOD" flags on everything. So perhaps mods made in 1.6.89 have that issue fixed now.

Pre and post civil war city status is working.

Though I had a feeling the execution scene was going to be too much to hope for, it fails to run. All the participants have gathered but they just stand around like dopes.

Execution scene fixed. God damned Papyrus forced references. They are to Skyrim what persistent objects were to Oblivion, only worse, because you can't move them AT ALL from their editor locations.

Which means I can already predict the outcome of the Bard's College festival. Spectacular failure. Ah well, easy to fix but I didn't want to have to pick apart all the AI packs for all that.That will only leave two things:

1. What happens when the Stormcloaks arrive to take Solitude?
2. How the hell am I going to get rid of the big black blot between the two city gate arches? I suppose I can hope Blender cooperates with a hackishly exported chunk of the mesh, but ugh.

I'm pretty sure this is where I say something about parenting 500 mountain lions. Seems like something I'd say.

You'll have to settle for 500 sabre cats. There are no mountain lions in Skyrim :)

Well shit. I managed to get the chunk of the Solitude main gate mesh exported out to Milkshape 3D (Blender wasn't cooperating, it kept shrinking the model to a speck) and even managed to delete the triangles I needed to delete. I figured all was well right up until I tried to import the results back into Nifskope. The UV map is totally scrambled, thus the mesh is worthless in that condition.

What the hell are people using these days to even do Skyrim modeling?

I'm down to needing this mesh dealt with and fishing out a save where the Stormcloaks are about to take Solitude. That's it.

Double shit. Found how to stop Blender from shrinking it, deleted the faces there, and still the UV map returns to Nifskope all scrambled and useless. Though strangely less useless if I tell Blender to export the data in 3DS format, because naturally Nifskope can READ 3DS but doesn't WRITE that format. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Fuck, or it could be a bug in Nifskope RC7 :P

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/703945-possible-nifskope-rc7-issue-fyi/

Indeed, but at least RC6 let me get away with what I needed to.

So that's all done. Solitude is complete. The only test I haven't run yet is to see what happens with the civil war, but I can deal with that after.

With my newfound hackery working I'm processing some of the Markarth meshes again to fix issues with the city wall. Once that's done I'll push a release and let the public savor the moment while I track down some old saves.