[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

With 0.32 things are working better except the debris. Could you give me the form ID for the parent so I can try disabling via console? I tried clicking on them and disabling via console and that didn't work.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

000FC90B, which should be in control of all of the rubble piles. I checked the one in the pic to be sure it got tagged, it did.

I tried disabling the parent marker and while the debris disappeared, so did a number of houses and architecture. Very weird. So it looks like I have to put up with the debris.

Odd, but yeah, there's a whole mess of things attached to those markers.

I think I found the source of my crashes: it seems to be OC Riften. As soon as I approached the city on foot, the game crashed. Tried removing some other stuff, it still crashed. I removed OC and it paused, but once stuff loaded in, it was fine. Now I just finished Hard Answers and am about to start The Pursuit - do you think that might have anything to do with it? I can't enter the Flagon through the cemetery at this point - I have to use the Ratway.

I'd have to start a new char and run the guild quests to know, but I don't see how it would matter. Though you have just proven that uninstalling the mod DOES work, so all those folks who claim it doesn't can bite me :P

No problems uninstalling at all. I was on my way to Riften when the crashes occurred, so I was able to uninstall immediately (I wasn't in the city). In fact it was on the road in the area where you start passing the guard towers just outside Riften.

That's about where the navmeshes for the city would pop in. I suspect the navmesh bug may be responsible for some of this behavior.

If an NPC is trying to navigate one when it falls out from under them, why not? The game usually recovers and warps them to weird places like the balconies or gathers them outside the gates where the vanilla navmeshes end. It hasn't happened to me yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

BTW, the super long loading times? That's been traced back to the texture pack DLC.

Yeah I had to remove the texture pack DLC for a while too. I've repackaged it so that it's loose files. But if my game crashes while I'm running around outside, I'm going to remove it. I don't think it's optimized and I'm not sure my video card can handle it.If my game seems stable with the DLC and EoS, then I'll look at installing OC again. I do think it had something to do with that Thieves Guild quest.

Oh, Windhelm, you task me so. Why did you have to pull this? *grumbling at it crashing on approach* *wondering WTF I did or didn't do*

That sounds like the same problem I had with Riften. What quests do you have open for Windhelm right now? I wonder if it's related to MS11.Supposedly, MS11 is triggered when you fast travel to Windhelm from another hold capital four times (it's triggered after the fourth). That's why I was trying to fast travel from one city to the next. Basically I was zipping back to Windhelm from the other hold capitals. Perhaps opening up the cities has farther reaching effects than you might expect.

Clearly, but why is it only happening when going to the opened version of Windhelm? Hitting the closed one works perfectly fine. And why is the crash only in the immediate vicinity of the newly opened city? Why Windhelm and not Whiterun, Riften, or Markarth?

If MS11 has something to do with it, that could explain something since this character should have long ago triggered it but never did. Perhaps now it seeks vengeance. I'll try with my other 2 guys. One of whom has never been there before.

Ugh, should have seen this one coming. Damned disappearing statics bug. Half the city is missing and NPCs are falling to their deaths.

Ugh should have seen this one coming. Damned disappearing statics bug. Half the city is missing and NPCs are falling to their deaths.

I would be tearing my hair out at this point.

I pretty much already have, because that wasn't what's causing the crash. I still haven't figured it out even after going through the hell of clearing up all the deleted navmesh forms.

Ugh should have seen this one coming. Damned disappearing statics bug. Half the city is missing and NPCs are falling to their deaths.

I would be tearing my hair out at this point.

That would require that Arthmoor have some hair that he could tear out. :lol:

I've uploaded version 0.5 to the file entry here. I'd appreciate it if you guys could do a quick run to see how Windhelm behaves. Fast travel to the stables first, then try and walk up to the city. I need to know if it crashes.

Fast traveling to the city's map marker seem to work too, but if you go inside an interior then come back out, blam. So I need to know if it does that too.

None of my guys can come up the bridge from the stables, so that isn't a good sign.

God dammit. I am not going to start over and redo the entire city all over again. There really needs to be some way to narrow this crap down.

Do you want anyone else to try it or do you think that confirms the issue? I haven't reloaded OC yet. I'm finishing up my first play-through before I get into modding and testing. I finished the main quest (and did enjoy the ending actually) and I'm just finishing the DB and TG quest lines now.Anyway I can load this up if you want another opinion.

Can't hurt, but I think Thomas more or less confirmed there's some kind of actual issue. I wouldn't doubt it if it's a corrupt cell in Skyrim itself. Oblivion had a few of those.

Unrelated, but I also found a disturbing amount of dirt in Live Another Life. Including a corrupt pair of worldspace records for Japhet's Folly and Riften. No idea how THAT ended up happening, because I never even looked at Japhet's Folly for it.

Word of warning, and a source of humongous frustration. OCS is not compatible with the beta 1.5 update for Skyrim. Yeah, I know, it totally sucks considering everyone and his uncle already thinks the navmesh bug is my fault in this mod and not a Bethesda screwup.

Anyway, long story short, ya'll may as well drop the mod from your load orders until something can be done about this. Chance are there's not going to be a working solution for this, meaning I'll probably have to abandon everything and start over. NOT something I'm all that keen on wanting to do.

You'll know it immediately upon trying to access any city with the 1.5 beta and this mod loaded. Instant CTD, almost certainly due to navmesh issues.

So if you're wondering why there's no file, I've pulled it from distribution. No sense in wasting any more time on this with no navmesh bug solution in sight.

That really stinks. Big time. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Of course, with my laptop still out for service, I can't play right now, so this doesn't affect me the way it would otherwise.