Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Stupidity of Olympian proportions.http://ysnesmusings.blogspot.com/2012/06/stupidity-of-olympian-proportions.html

Ravelry has more than 2,000,000 members. Number wise, it's about the same size as Nexus.Ravelry is a community, a very active community. Pissing off a community like Ravelry, well, the company has already been inundated with so many emails that it's system crashed, at least that is what has been reported.Facebook has a lot of traffic. Twitter is trending with #Ravelympics. They are getting some pretty sarcastic news coverage.

I believe that move is what you would call "cut off your nose to spite your face." Good for you guys, you just shot yourselves in the foot. Morons.

They're still at it with assuming the number one reason mods won't work when NMM installs them is because of piracy: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/617777-none-of-my-mods-will-work/page__view__findpost__p__4882149If this were Bethesda tech support they'd have been sued by now for defamatory assumptions.

There's just so many things special about that thread, too. I mean, there's the #1 cause is piracy thing, yeah, and the fact that the entire thread isn't about the dude's problem but piracy. That's cool. Then there's the automatic assumption that it's definitely the user's problem and not the program's, which is one of my favoritest things ever. The "Oh, you used non-standard directories? Of course it failed because our software can't handle that" thing is just icing on the cake, really.About the only part I can forgive is the boilerplate list, given the brief description of the problem in the OP.

The thing is, the non-standard locations thing is a totally bogus reason. NMM does actually recognize when you do this because it found all of the games I have installed, including the fake FO3 install I have. Windows Registry. It knows all. The program can't be blamed if the user moved the games afterward without doing it right.Which ultimately leaves either piracy or not running as an admin as the two real reasons they insist are why things break, rather than the possibility that the program just has inherent flaws.

And if they are still using a missing skyrim.esm as proof of piracy, they're idiots. A borked Steam update will cause the esm to go missing. If they really wanted to check for a pirated game, they need to have a list of the check sums for each version and check against that.How about stop worrying about whether the game is pirated or not and just fix your damned program!

Yes, but the NMM developers are getting paid, so it *IS* work for them.

...it's sad when paid programmers are doing a half-assed job? Wrye Bash works way better than that and it's all volunteers. Gee, sounds like open-source...How am I doing on the Grump meter, Arthmoor?

You're mastering the art well, but you still have a long way to go before you are ready to replace me :)

I'll settle for my grouchy typo queen title. Not quite as difficult as grumpy.Matt and I were doing another run through NMM the earlier this week before he released SIS and found a few more idiotic issues with it. It's a piece of crap software.

Piece of crap software? Who saw that coming?(how am I doing on the sarcasm meter, here?)

Your sarcasm meter shows you somewhere in space. So...

[grumpy]Stupid Creation Kit leaking editor windows... *grumple, grumple*[/grumpy]Oh, and who else here thinks Arthmoor should change his avy to Grumpy the Dwarf? :grinning: