Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I couldn't stand TW at all. I stuck with until I finished it and I guess as my character got better, it was a little less annoying. But if I heard my character sing "It's raining, it's pouring.." in a monotone voice one more time... angry.png I don't even remember the end of TW... Sometimes my poor memory is a blessing!

Been awhile since I played through myself, but everything they did right in TW, they ruined utterly in TW2. Plus, even with the 55 hours I put in, the game was ridiculously short. Bear in mind, that's with having completed all but two side quests.

Happy birthday to me.Anyways, I picked up a couple new additions to my game library today: Red Dead Redemption for Xbox 360 and L.A. Noire for PS3. This is only my second PS3 game to date and the primary reason I got it on the platform was because of how the 360 version comes on three discs due to the facial animation system that was used in the game. But since Blu-Ray discs can hold so much more data on them, well, the PS3 version stays on one disc, and I'd prefer not to juggle game disc changes all over the place.

Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday, Thomas! <-- The stats block to the left over there didn't list you. :(

Woo, birthdays.Three discs seems really excessive. Of course, I'm used to Steam and Origin enough now that any discs seem excessive, so, uh.[edit] Also, woo, Conners.

3 discs is excessive by any standard. Though on PC we get to mitigate that with harddrive installs.Happy B'day over here too Thomas :P@Conner: It didn't show up because he hasn't set it in his profile. Board software generally uses that to make the announcements from :)

[edit] Also' date=' woo, Conners.[/quote']Thanks.. I think.. :lol:
@Conner: It didn't show up because he hasn't set it in his profile. Board software generally uses that to make the announcements from :)
I know why it didn't show up, I was just saying no one knew to wish him a happy birthday before he mentioned it because it didn't show up. ;)

*ponders how Steam thinks he has 26 games when only 5 show in the library*

So... is there no coordinated unofficial patch for New Vegas? Is the disjointed mess from November of 2010 still the way things are being done?!?

I'm fairly sure I never so much as went looking for an unofficial patch or even really felt the need for one, so take that as you will. Main issue I had was minor landscape bugs.

Maybe my involvement with the UOP and the USKP has tainted my ability to ignore these things, but NV is littered with all manner of floating rocks, trees, and meshes clipping like there's no tomorrow. Seems Obsidian doesn't know anything more about this shit than Bethesda does. I've found it to be highly distracting. Plus, apparently I was supposed to get some kind of reputation boost in Primm that never happened.I found two projects that exist, and sadly the more comprehensive one in the bunch requires all 5 DLCs which I obviously don't have. The other one doesn't have even 1/3 of the changelog but it does address the bug in Primm. Though not retroactively. The bigger problem with the first project is that it contains shitloads of "fixes" for things that are really gameplay mods and should have remained as such. So you can't get the actual fixes without a mountain of other changes you don't want.You really don't even begin to realize the contributions Quarn and Kivan have made until you play a game where they've had no influence. Aside from these two projects, the only other means of fixing shit is to download hundreds of micro-fix mods. It's insane. Apparently the result of a few people bitching about other people trying to put together a community patch assembled from all the fixes but not seeking permission to do so.Yeah, I know. The irony. These are vanilla bug fixes for God sake. I don't want a load order with 195 fix files in it just because people insisted on being prominent in the credits and actually getting the first attempt at a comprehensive fix pack BANNED from Nexus. There are only so many ways to check a box or fix a typo for Christ sake.Almost looks like I was wrong about how bad the Skyrim community is because it's starting to look like the NV community is far worse. I sure as hell hope the Skyrim community never tries to have a monolithic all DLCs required community patch.

I can't say I ever really noticed any of those minor bugs in NV, although that is probably just because I'm not attuned to it like Arthmoor is.

Eh, well, FNVEdit to the rescue. Cobbling together a mash-up of the two fix projects. Considering the second one has a lot of silly stuff like removing door sounds, but has fixes the first one doesn't. Just dumb that one needs to go through this to begin with.

Probably not, unless someone has been asking for one. I may be cobbling a patch together but I'm definitely not planning to release it considering it would still require the assets the package came with before it would work.I doubt I'd bother with much else anyway since both Fallouts never got a navmesh bug fix, other than forcing your mod to become an ESM and I've never liked that approach to things.

The only game in the FO series I bought was FO3, so I missed all the fun. I've only played it once. We rarely even mention the games on DC, so I don't expect to need a DL area anytime soon.

I will say that the landscape bugs were REALLY noticable, which I think I commented on at the time.Also, this seems the appropriate time to resurrect this.

Having not gotten quite far enough into the game yet to desire a home, but probably approaching a point where that would be welcome, I'd be happy to give your mod a run. I have made it to Novac and was just about to finish up in that rocket test facility west of there when I left off last and went looking for an unofficial patch.

Should be up. May need cleaning or whatever, I don't remember what state it was in.Incidentally, if you add a new category in the files section, clicking Continue when you finish gives a 404 error.

At the moment I'm giving Steam an F- for customer service. I have been trying to log in for months and been unable to do so. The issue is probably the need to reissue a password.The response I got today, more than 8 days after I sent in a customer support request on their support page, contained a form with instructions on how to delete the contents of the steam folder (except for the steamapps folder and the steam.exe file). This response doesn't acknowledge the issue I raised and certainly completely failed to address the issue.

Speaking of Unofficial Patches .. the Skyrim one.... I swear I read somewhere that Lydia was given manly animations, which is why she walks around like a gorilla. I suspect Delphine is the same too. I *thought* the USKP fixed it?Also, this..

Legate Taurinus Duilis will no longer be locked out of the Morthal Guardhouse at night due to missing key assignments (both he and the door)
is still happening. I'm using 1.05c loose files.Has anyone noticed or reported naked couriers?

I don't think the USKP did anything about "manly" animations because that wouldn't have been considered a bug. Plus animation is one of the hardest things to fix and I don't think anyone knows enough of the details to do that yet even if it were to be considered a bug.I'll check on Duilis again but I'm positive his key and the door were fixed prior to my taking control of the project.Yes, naked couriers is a known bug in the game. It doesn't happen very often though. I've only ever seen it twice since November. I don't think anyone even knows what causes it.