Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

So the Navy has spent the last 10-15 years and billions upon billions of dollars researching high intensity laser weapons. They have an effective firing range of 150 miles.Two small problems:1. They forgot to tell the guys building the new ships for these things that they need nuclear reactors as power sources.2. They can't actually be used for ship to ship combat on the open sea. Due to ... the horizon. Yeah. Someone forgot to tell them the horizon is only about 25 miles out. Lasers can't bend past it. D'oh!

It looks like Wrinklyninja is more or less taking command of the whole Bash situation. I don't think any of us planned for that but it's just sort of happened... so I guess we're going with it :P

Good ol' Wrinkles. :lol: He does a lot of programming, so I guess Python wasn't too much of a stretch. Very happy to see the updates!

So, for Fathers Day, my step-father is a Louisiana boy and is big on "Soul Food" Southern American cooking, so we fixed up a nice dinner consisting of Southern-style (un-battered) fried chicken, potatoes & onions, and this cornbread formula (which I guarantee you will be unable to resist):1 cup (60z): Coarse Cornmeal (also packages as Polenta)2 cups (16oz): Buttermilk10 slices (8oz): Bacon1+3/4 cups (8oz): AP Flour1+1/2 Tbsp: Baking Powder1/4 tsp: Baking Soda1 tsp: Salt1/4 cup (2oz): Granulated Sugar1/4 cup (20z): Brown Sugar3 large (5oz): Eggs2 Tbsp: Honey2 Tbsp: Butter2+1/2 cups (16oz): Corn kernals2 Tbsp: Bacon Fat1. Soak the cornmeal in the buttermilk overnight.2. Preheat oven to 375, cook the bacon until crispy.3. When bacon is done, drain fat into separate container and crumble bacon into pieces.4. Lower oven to 350, mix together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and sugars in a bowl.5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.6. Melt butter and add honey to the melted butter. Add this mixture to the eggs.7. Add egg mix to soaked cornmeal.8. Combine wet with dry. ONLY mix enough to combine.9. Add corn kernals, stir in until large lumps are removed.(Pro tip: This is known as the Muffin Method in professional baking. In a professional environment, the previous five steps would have been combined into "mix via Muffin Method." )10. Grease your baking pan with bacon fat.11. Pour in batter, add crumbled bacon to the top, making sure it is evenly distributed.12. Bake for 30 minutes, or until center springs back when touched.13. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Make sure it's still warm.

That looks like quite a recipe. I mean, how do you go wrong with bacon? :)In other news: LOL. I don't think he's realized yet that laws like that were meant for people like him.

That leaves me out I guess. Well, my husband did tell me not to feed the trolls...err drama queens.

So, maybe only two of us care about it, but this is a thing I just learned about. Which people who aren't me may care about. Yes.

The only 2 Ultima games I never played actually, and still have no real desire to either. Cool that they're free though. Would be even cooler if they started releasing the mainline Ultima games that way :)

Interesting. I only played a couple of the Ultima series, which were offshoots and not the main series. I think I know a couple of people who might just check these out.Gog is cool. I love that site.

I actually owned Martian Dreams back when it came out, though I never did beat it because it was pretty tough. One of the most interesting settings Origin ever did.

Steam has been doing an awful lot of these blind updates lately. How does one find out what it's up to since they refuse to be open about it?

I'm not talking about that one. I saw that. I'm talking about the blind ones where all you see it flash is something to the effect of "Steam client updating...." and it's gone again before you've had the chance to screenshot it.Also, since you may know, is there a way to see what the "cloud" is storing for you?

I turned the cloud stuff off, so off top of my head no. Maybe if you check through the options menu?I don't, to the best of my knowledge, get updates without that popup, so I dunno.

That's why I was asking. I've checked through them but couldn't find anything. Chances are all it has in mine is CK stuff anyway but I'd still like to see what's there.

That's why I was asking. I've checked through them but couldn't find anything. Chances are all it has in mine is CK stuff anyway but I'd still like to see what's there.
that notice goes past my screen to fast for me to be able to click on anything

And that was the moment in which I realized that our fearless leader was actually a Bond villain.IguanaBondVillain.jpg